The general firearms thread!

Woldan

Chiappa Italy is now producing a three-barreled break action shotgun. It also features a removable butt stock if you prefer the ''sawn off''  style. 

I think its really cool, 

3107440_01_chiappa_triple_threat_12_18_5

Reminds me of the ''pepperbox'' muzzleloader pistols: 

Pbd.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've never found letting kids shoot heavy firearms a wonderful idea, and a small lightweight full auto SMG without a buttstock is damn hard to control for an adult, the instructor should have known. Its like putting someone who does not have a drivers license into a turbo'ed Porsche and telling the person to floor it. What could go wrong.... I'm just glad the girl is ok....physically at least.  :getlost:

And such tools makes everyone who owns firearms look like an idiot. The normal people always have to bleed because of the few morons. Feels like boot camp all over again. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

the instructor is really a dumb sob... letting a small child shoot a mac in full auto. it will sound cynical, but people like him have to die on camera so others can learn from their stupidity

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, I feel really sad for the girl. For the rest of her life she may have the idea that she is more or less responsible for the death of someone, even though objectively speaking the man killed himself by being stupid.

• Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

here is an even stupider one. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6g9oUpbtnA

I hope this idiot rots in prison for the rest of his life. but knowing how justice works in Russia he'll probably walk

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Gun safety rule # 1 : Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. 

I already had my fair share of idiots on the shooting range, got a loaded 357 magnum revolver and a K98 pointed at my chest with the owner having the finger on the trigger, also almost got shot in my back when I went downrange to change targets. Thats why I only go to the range during the week when there are no weekend warriors shooting, just a few trustworthy friends 

Edited by Woldan

I'm a believer in gun rights but children have no business using a full auto weapon, especially a 9 year old girl. Single shot and small caliber firearms is what they should use. They can't handle the recoil.

I recall as a young teen firing my dad's .50 caliber muzzle-loader and was literally knocked on my ass. Thanks dad, I'll stick with the .22 rimfire instead.  

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I hope this idiot rots in prison for the rest of his life. but knowing how justice works in Russia he'll probably walk

I hear walking for the rest of your life can really suck....oh not what you meant.

I'm thinking of buying a revolver with my tax refund, any advice?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why a revolver? And what for? Target shooting, home defense, plinking, competition? 

Edited by Woldan

Why a revolver? And what for? Target shooting, home defense, plinking, competition?

1. Cause I think they're awesome.

2. Probably target shooting, mother****ers know better than to **** with me.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Would this this be your first firearm? 

If its target shooting I recommend the most popular sixgun there is, the Smith & Wesson 686 in 357. The 6'' version has a nice sight radius which results in good precision, you can shoot the weaker (And cheaper) 38spc out of it if the 357 has too much steam for you (weakass). Used ones run for 450 I think, its made from stainless steel so you'll never have to worry about rust. You cannot go wrong with a 686. 
Also, if you ever want to use it for actual home defense, the 158 grain HP .357 has a one shot stopping rate of 96%. 

By the way, thats the gun Rick of TWD used in Season 1-2. 

Edited by Woldan

Would this this be your first firearm?

No, I have a 9mm Glock.

If its target shooting I recommend the most popular sixgun there is, the Smith & Wesson 686 in 357. The 6'' version has a nice sight radius which results in good precision, you can shoot the weaker (And cheaper) 38spc out of it if the 357 has too much steam for you (weakass). Used ones run for 450 I think, its made from stainless steel so you'll never have to worry about rust. You cannot go wrong with a 686. 

Also, if you ever want to use it for actual home defense, the 158 grain HP .357 has a one shot stopping rate of 96%. 

By the way, thats the gun Rick of TWD used in Season 1-2.

Gotcha, stainless steel S&M 686 here I come.

Cool, go ahead and grab one.  You still need a rifle though. And a shotgun. And a precision rifle. 

*edit* - forgot the MG42. You definitely need one. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about buying a new gun with my hard earned bucks. Laid my eyes on this beauty of wood, brass and blued steel, a replica of a Colt Revolving Carbine from 1858, black powder, 44 cal roundball 6 shots. Its basically a 1858 revolver from the Civil War retrofitted with a butt stock and an 18'' barrel. Along with the Henry lever action rifle they were one of first repeating long arms, co-existing with the general issue single shot rifled musket muzzleloaders. Those were used in the civil war. 

042_edited-2jpg_thumbnail0_zps45776b80.j

600 bucks though, and I don't need one. Can't decide if I should blow my surplus money on this new toy or save it for.....bad times I guess?    :mellow:

Edited by Woldan

I hear walking for the rest of your life can really suck....oh not what you meant.

How is this an accident. Looks more like murder. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Thinking about buying a new gun with my hard earned bucks. Laid my eyes on this beauty of wood, brass and blued steel, a replica of a Colt Revolving Carbine from 1858, black powder, 44 cal roundball 6 shots. Its basically a 1858 revolver from the Civil War retrofitted with a butt stock and an 18'' barrel. Along with the Henry lever action rifle they were one of first repeating long arms, co-existing with the general issue single shot rifled musket muzzleloaders. Those were used in the civil war. 

042_edited-2jpg_thumbnail0_zps45776b80.j

600 bucks though, and I don't need one. Can't decide if I should blow my surplus money on this new toy or save it for.....bad times I guess?    :mellow:

That's a beauty, if I'd had any way of getting one I would. /drool

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

If I'm not entirely mistaken you should be allowed to own one in Sweden, its not even a cartridge weapon and its a rifle. Unless of course you're talking about the cash. 

Ah damn, I think I need to by one, but the voice of reason is holding me back still.  :getlost:

Random funny convo I had with a female friend I thought you firearms enthusiasts might enjoy.

Girl is the girlfriend of a friend of mine and was describing having tried Skyrim and how she thought it was kinda dumb. I'd expressed my love for New Vegas before and she thought it sounded interesting. Her complaints about Skyrim though were mostly with the controls and just not knowing what to do (she's not a big gamer) so I said maybe she wouldn't like New Vegas either.

She then expressed she thought she would cause she could probably understand it better. I asked what she meant and she said the funniest **** ever:

"Well Skyrim had magic and all that weird crap. I doubt New Vegas has that cause who needs magic when you have a gun?"

I laughed my butt off as I pictured a mighty wizard teleporting into our era ready to light everyone on fire with the sheer power of his mind before being mowed down by an AK-47.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

And that from the mouth of a girl? Reminds me of that Spongebob episode where it was  ''opposite day''. 

Though I know some people from the steam punk scene, and the girls are into muzzleloaders and western themed rifles. 

Anyway, thats how you load and shoot a revolving black powder cap'n ball rifle: 

Edited by Woldan

If I'm not entirely mistaken you should be allowed to own one in Sweden, its not even a cartridge weapon and its a rifle. Unless of course you're talking about the cash. 

Ah damn, I think I need to by one, but the voice of reason is holding me back still.  :getlost:

Bit of everything is stopping me, I'm hearing impaired and poor first of all, secondly that weapon does'nt fit into any of the categories for weapons that are around here in Sweden, there are no clubs that compete with that type of gun, and you're not allowed to hunt with pistol calibre weapons, and it's not a "salongsgevär" (singleshot class 4 .22 rifle weighing less than 2.5 kilos).

As far as I've understood the rules that is, I have'nt read that much about the laws in a long time.

If I want to just collect the weapon, it needs to be plugged, so **** that.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken