What you did today

Rosbjerg

I actually don't really have any hobbies.. hmm, good idea though.

Everybody needs at least one hobby. What about exercising? Its fun, time consuming, not very cost intensive and has a ton of healthy side effects. 

What I did today: Finally received my 7.62mm 240 grain SMK's which I ordered 4 weeks ago.  :dancing: 

Left to right: 150 grain FB, 168 grain SMK, 220 grain SMK, 240 grain SMK. According to my calculator if launched at 810 m/s this ones gonna be good out to 1500 meters easily. For comparison, the 168 is only good for about 1000 even though its velocity is much faster. 

240grainsmk_zps906dbd24.jpg

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Must have been the phase of the moon or something, I don't think I've ever gotten a booty call from someone I wasn't "going steady" with, never mind two from two different women in the same weekend. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that, I guess.

So you took the midnight train going anywhere?

I pulled a Khalid. Your pick whether I ran away, screaming "better part of valor" or went scouting for basilisks in the nude.

The first encounter got my self-preservation into overdrive and while the other one would be more promising, I'm sort of hesitant to get involved with even former co-workers due to bad past experiences. :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Been waiting at the job center for someone to talk to me for over an hour. I've been surfing the net the entire time, hope I didn't miss them calling out my name.

First six months of the year have ended, lots of contractors here today.

Managed a short burst of work, then throwing laundry around and there is no quick and easy way to get a few dozen socks and such on the washing line to dry... especially when the doorbell or phone keeps going everytime you get started..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Warm day with a high dew point. Old building without AC, so have a dyson desktop fan... which feels like a heater, it's crazy. :p

I think I haven't billed a single hour today.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Been waiting at the job center for someone to talk to me for over an hour. I've been surfing the net the entire time, hope I didn't miss them calling out my name.

First six months of the year have ended, lots of contractors here today.

I did that once. Spent three hours waiting and finally cam up to complain. Turned out I'd been called pretty much as I sat down and was saying hello to the person next to me. Three hours previously.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I actually don't really have any hobbies.. hmm, good idea though.

Everybody needs at least one hobby. What about exercising? Its fun, time consuming, not very cost intensive and has a ton of healthy side effects. 

What I did today: Finally received my 7.62mm 240 grain SMK's which I ordered 4 weeks ago.  :dancing: 

Left to right: 150 grain FB, 168 grain SMK, 220 grain SMK, 240 grain SMK. According to my calculator if launched at 810 m/s this ones gonna be good out to 1500 meters easily. For comparison, the 168 is only good for about 1000 even though its velocity is much faster. 

Good luck with your assassination attempt.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Taking my old girlfriend out to dinner turned out to be a lot more complicated than I expected. She's still here! This is what Seinfeld called a dating decathlon.

Not complaining mind you. It turned out much better than expected!

Ros's dating supremacy, counted by the amount of dates, is now under a firm assault by the veteran Guard Dog, who dominates all in the length of his... individual dates. :biggrin:

Must have been the phase of the moon or something, I don't think I've ever gotten a booty call from someone I wasn't "going steady" with, never mind two from two different women in the same weekend. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that, I guess.

Also, work computer's stalling every minute or so. I think this is 5 years old, it certainly is the largest and heaviest laptop I've ever had the displeasure of carrying.

Maybe GD scores a few extra points for dating responsibly, recycling his dates. Ros seems to be into the disposable dates :-

:lol:  I don't think I've got anything on Ros in THAT department!  Besides, my periods of "activity" have been few and far between the last year.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I just got home from taking her home. Wow, I had no expectations going into this. I don't know if she planned it out this way but I made it easy for her if she did. She actually broached the subject of coming back to my place. She always loved my dogs. We talked about how Tommy is doing and she said she'd love to see him again. I took that as a big hint. She spent Saturday night, Sunday all day and Sunday night with me. We had the "where are we now" talk this morning. I told her to look at it this way, we never really split up, we just took a break. It was a three year break but still.

Since I got divorced in 2004 I've dated five women including her with anything one might call seriousness. I've run them all off when they started getting "too serious". Maybe it's time I stopped doing that.

You know what is really sexy? Black hair, blue eye, a white top, blue jeans and white heels.

You know what's even sexier? Taking her home two days later wearing only those jeans and one of your t-shirts!

• Like 10

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Lol, Two hours an ten minutes now. Bored to death and thirsty.

I think you should begin singing old fashioned spirituals in a booming bass voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5TuQo102pvk#t=220s

EDIT:

Soon I will be done

With the troubles of the world

Troubles of the world

Troubles of the world

Soon I will be done

Troubles of the world

I'm going home to live with God

No more weepin' and wailin'

I'm going home to live my Lord

Soon I will be done

Troubles of the world

Troubles of the world

Soon I will be done

Troubles of the world

I'm going home to live with my Lord

I want to see my mother

I want to see my mother

I want to see my mother

Soon I will be done

Troubles of the world

Troubles of the world

Soon I will be done

Troubles of the world

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Your song helped. After singing your song, they finally told me it was my turn! It only took 15 minutes to finish the paperwork.

Guard Dog: I'm happy you're still alive.

Edited by Labadal

No GD, a brunette with hazel eyes is really sexy.

Glad you got lucky though. Now all we need to do is find Wals a woman.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I only get Thursday off because we're in the middle of testing some stuff this week and I might need to actually be on hand Friday.

Bummer. :(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

A sophisticated chap like Wals, it shouldn't be too hard. There's a biker bar in Covington where hookups between biker chicks and non-biker guys are common enough. The drinks are on me if we all split a plane ticket for him!

Thomas Sowell

I've got women. Just none I can allow myself to go near for fear of triggering a lifestyle apocalypse.

-Elwood Blues

I've got women. Just none I can allow myself to go near for fear of triggering a lifestyle apocalypse.

I've always thought that myself. Now I'm rethinking that notion. Maybe a lifestyle apocalypse would not be so terrible if there are better things on the other side of it.

Thomas Sowell

I've always thought that myself. Now I'm rethinking that notion. Maybe a lifestyle apocalypse would not be so terrible if there are better things on the other side of it.

*huge belly laugh*

Well, yeah, sure. Except that's precisely what I have on a mental post-it note attached to the 'romance' controls. So I don't forget it at the important moments.

I try to stay focussed on how good things can be, and not settle for simply what I can get. Which means deferring for the moment.

All the same, it sounds like you've had one hell of a good time, and are blissed out. Good on you. Hope it works. :)

-Elwood Blues

That attitude will lead you on some crazy adventures my friend.. trust me.

I'd like to share a picture to prove it, but it's about as NSFW as it can be.

Fortune favors the bald.

Yes. And I have friends who are like the walking dead due to court cases, alimony payments, stray children...

I'd risk anything for love. But I'm not throwing my life away for a quick shag. :)

-Elwood Blues

That attitude will lead you on some crazy adventures my friend.. trust me.

I'd like to share a picture to prove it, but it's about as NSFW as it can be.

That's what private messaging is for . The proof you can never show on an actual thread... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Enjoyable working vibe on at the moment. Verdi's Rigoletto playing, big mug of green tea, checking journals online.

It's no gorgeous brunette watching a coyote run off with her carelessly discarded undergarments, but it'll do for today.

-Elwood Blues