What you did today

Rosbjerg

:lol:  Hurlshots annual summer vacation: He goes on a trip so we don't have to! I hope you guys go to Zion, I've always wanted to go there.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We made our first target of having all the Dyer High Schools wi-fi equipped by the end of the school year. We'll have the whole county done by the start of the fall term. The staff all seems to be very happy with the throughput. The school districts in the big population centers all have that already, now the rural counties are catching up. That is pretty cool, especially since it keeps us employed!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am watching the anti-capitalist protesters in London. They are very militant and truculent, I'm glad they don't have any real say in the economic policy decisions of countries.

Most Londoners I know treat them as a complete joke. Ever since they picketed the damn cathedral. They just couldn't be bothered to protest outside the banks. Plus doing so for the length of time they chose makes no statement beyond 'look at us, we have literally nothing better to do.'

Walsie once again you and I find common ground in people that irritate us immensely :grin:

What gets me the most is when they are asked questions similar to " so what do you suggest we do to remove Capitalism"

They cannot give you a viable alternative or a suggestion that could be realistically sustainable in anyway. So there demands are just popular rhetoric

It all comes down to how many animals you've eaten, and how cooked they were.

Which reminds me, a friend and I were having a spot contest to name the scariest animal. I chose a relative of the polar bear - the ebola bear. Hardest animal conservationist TV ad ever.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got Unwavering and Insanity in ME3. I'm one odd Omega 'chievo away from having 100 % in all three Mass Effect games. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hubs fairly new Weller soldering iron (which he still doesn't like as much as the 70's Weller that broke...) apparently can reach 9000 degrees! .... to which hubs muttered cursing of this odd behavior as he hastily turned it off was "I think it #@!#@ broke already."

Not much going on around here outside of that. I've been out of the house a lot recently, however...mostly family stuff. Then I come home and snooze.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, they've arrested two people for the murder of the person found dead on campus.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Took me a couple of minutes to realize I was listening to Romanian rock music today. Sure sign it's time for coffee

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why? What's wrong with Romanian rock music?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nothing, just that I didn't realize it wasn't in English for a time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Damnit. Now I want Romanian rock music.

-Elwood Blues

The historian in me is thinking of a roman centurion going nuts on a guitar right now. Because of you wals.

Right now I am sitting outside the new jobs office waiting for my new employer to show up to full out the paperwork. Then I have to jump in my car and take off for my old job where I have a very boring day "babysitting" the slowest store in the company

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Going to an open air rock festival for three days, with camping, drinking, partying and stuff. Rammstein, Him, K0rn and a few other will be playing. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Spend the day in Christania.. Never been a fan of that place, probably never will.

Also trying to plan my Christmas holiday - I've decided to travel in December and I want to go somewhere peaceful .. Can't decide if I want to go to a quiet Spanish mountain village, a greek island or maybe some Slavic country..

Fortune favors the bald.

The historian in me is thinking of a roman centurion going nuts on a guitar right now. Because of you wals.

Right now I am sitting outside the new jobs office waiting for my new employer to show up to full out the paperwork. Then I have to jump in my car and take off for my old job where I have a very boring day "babysitting" the slowest store in the company

I think the Romans would have done rock well. Better than the Romanian rock music I've found so far anyway. Mind you, hard to find any good music with just a country to go by. :)

-Elwood Blues

Alternating between in here on the 'net and in the living room lounging around in a t-shirt whilst a cat keeps trying to lick my knees. He's a weird cat.

Well, they've arrested two people for the murder of the person found dead on campus.

Any word on the "why?"
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nope, not released a motive yet.  Or any other details of how they might have known each other or if it was random or anything.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Found out I arranged the wrong return flight for my boss next week. And by "wrong" I mean "the week after next."

And I did this on Tuesday, so it's too late for a cancellation. Doing a change would actually cost more than doing a new reservation just for the return.

QQ

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I got my first electric bill since installing the solar panels. Based on past history I'm estimating they are saving me a little more than $60 a month. No too shabby. With Cold Creek right next to my house and a stream that feeds it actually on my property if I could figure out how to make a water turned turbine I could tell MPO to piss off for good!

On another note I picked two 1 gal buckets worth of strawberries and a hamper full of summer squash from my garden today. It might be my imagination but I think it tastes better from the stuff that comes from Kroger. 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Found out I arranged the wrong return flight for my boss next week. And by "wrong" I mean "the week after next."

And I did this on Tuesday, so it's too late for a cancellation. Doing a change would actually cost more than doing a new reservation just for the return.

QQ

Very subtle... You think your boss get the hint?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The random playlists suddenly threw up the "Classic Rock Love Songs" selection...  Nazareth, Deep Purple, Whitensake, Billy Idol, Roxette, Skid Row, Motley Crue, Meatloaf, Mr Mister and the assorted others.. 

Man, that just suddenly threw me into nostalgia and remembered break-ups from the far past.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Spend the day in Christania.. Never been a fan of that place, probably never will.

Just gone past it a couple of times, never felt the urge to explore closer. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

remembered break-ups from the far past.

Well, don't.

-Elwood Blues