What are you playing now?

The Daemon's snide remarks throughout the game were gold too.  I've wanted to play Sacred 2, but the horror stories of horrendous breakage, particularly when the expansion came out, always steered me away from the game.  I think they've take care of that now, either with official or community patches.  Can people comment on the state of the game?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Daemon's snide remarks throughout the game were gold too.  I've wanted to play Sacred 2, but the horror stories of horrendous breakage, particularly when the expansion came out, always steered me away from the game.  I think they've take care of that now, either with official or community patches.  Can people comment on the state of the game?

I've played this game on and off, with and without the expansion, since beta testing it before release.  I played the retail releases and now the gold edition on Steam and I can say, with the latest Community Patch, the game is pretty much playable.  After installing everything, run it once.  If it doesn't start properly, then restart your computer and that worked for me and it has been running perfect since then and finally I can enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played because I definitely have put more than enough time into it, plus playing through it on the Xbox.  Also, I'm running Windows 7.

Oh and I assume it will be on sale through steam in the next week, so for $10, you can't go wrong for this much content.  The thing that always impressed me with Sacred 2 was the sheer size of the playable area and the differentiation of the amount of loot.

Edited by SadExchange

I enjoyed Sacred 1 but never finished it.

I didn't enjoy Sacred 2 but never finished it.

Ultimately I never felt invested in what was going on enough to want to keep going through in either game (the same problem Kingdoms of Amalar had, IMO).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sacred 2 Gold runs fine. There are the odd broken side quests. But with so many of them, it hardly matters.

I played a bit today. My seraphim is lvl 33 and I am thinking of finally going and finishing this act I am in (I think act 6).

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ultimately I never felt invested in what was going on enough to want to keep going through in either game (the same problem Kingdoms of Amalar had, IMO).

At least with Sacred you remember the name of the game ;)

Not sure what that says about Kingdoms of Amalur :p

Seriously though, the story of Sacred and Sacred 2 is so weak, there is nothing to feel invested in.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

At least with Sacred you remember the name of the game ;)

Not sure what that says about Kingdoms of Amalur :p

Seriously though, the story of Sacred and Sacred 2 is so weak, there is nothing to feel invested in.

Well at least I was close on Malur...er Amalur. (

Thing is with no investement I just started feeling like completing quests was a chore rather than something that was interesting and fun.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The thing that always impressed me with Sacred 2 was the sheer size of the playable area and the differentiation of the amount of loot.

Does this mean that loot often feels varied/unique-ish and rewarding, with a reasonable chance of getting something decent, thus giving motivation to keep on looking for it? Because that's one area Diablo3 failed miserably, for me. And NW:Online too, for that matter (the variety aspect anyway). There's few things in an action-y loot game that I dislike more than boring or almost statistically impossible to acquire RNG loot.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmmm, I'm at an impasse. Should I replay BGT or try my luck with Sacred 2, after I wrap up my NWN2 OC/MotB play through.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I've got Sacred Gold. It seems fine.

I like the combo skills / combat system where I can blend powaz to make bespoke attacks. I also like the deliberately cheesy / humorous feel which is very old-skool.

Oh, and the world is huge. It's like a less serious isometric Skyrim but with even less of a plot but more combat ARPG lulz.

sonsofgygax.JPG

The thing that always impressed me with Sacred 2 was the sheer size of the playable area and the differentiation of the amount of loot.

Does this mean that loot often feels varied/unique-ish and rewarding, with a reasonable chance of getting something decent, thus giving motivation to keep on looking for it? Because that's one area Diablo3 failed miserably, for me. And NW:Online too, for that matter (the variety aspect anyway). There's few things in an action-y loot game that I dislike more than boring or almost statistically impossible to acquire RNG loot.

I always liked the variability of the loot.  Found it much more rewarding in Sacred 2 as compared Diablo 3, at least in my experience.

If I see Sacred 2 during Uncle GabeN's biannual wallet plunder then I'll scoop it up.  I'm hoping to get La Mulana too.  Anyone here played that?  I hear it's fiendishly difficult.

/rubs hands together

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The only problem with loot I am having, is that as a Seraphim there is too much variety in looks between different pieces, so that sometimes I look as if my character dressed in the dark while stumbling through dimensional gates.

If you guys like the humor in Sacred 2 you might wanna try Two Worlds 2 as well:

:biggrin:

You can buy it from this neverending bundle, it has been around since god knows when: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bundle-seven/

There are also the 'Grotesque Tactics' games(which are basically a parody of nowadays crpg's), but I haven't tried them yet.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Ugh.  Two Worlds 2, while not as downright awful as Two Worlds, was still quite bad IMHO.

I have to agree, while the original was alright, I was very disappointed with the sequel.  I have high expectations for Legends of Dawn, when I know I shouldn't, especially with the constant delays.

While I'd never say it was an awesome game or something, I quite liked Two Worlds as a simple action/explore romp. Minus the bad voice acting. :p

I didn't like the sequel. I tried to, cause some peeps I knew were playing it, but I couldn't. I didn't get too far before becoming bored tho....guess I didn't miss much? ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didnt get past the starting island in Two Worlds 2. I just couldn't bear staring at the main character any longer. Something felt off about him.

He did run really funny. As if he was especially pigeon toed or something. Especially in the cut scenes. :)

Ugh.  Two Worlds 2, while not as downright awful as Two Worlds, was still quite bad IMHO.

I have to agree, while the original was alright, I was very disappointed with the sequel.  I have high expectations for Legends of Dawn, when I know I shouldn't, especially with the constant delays.

While I'd never say it was an awesome game or something, I quite liked Two Worlds as a simple action/explore romp. Minus the bad voice acting. :p

I didn't like the sequel. I tried to, cause some peeps I knew were playing it, but I couldn't. I didn't get too far before becoming bored tho....guess I didn't miss much? ;)

I didnt get past the starting island in Two Worlds 2. I just couldn't bear staring at the main character any longer. Something felt off about him.

I enjoyed TW2. I thought they improved on almost aspect of the first one. Plus I enjoyed the way you could really create your own spells and potions.

But the one thing that did annoy me a little  was the first continent was clearly an African theme and you had these normally docile animals that would never attack a human suddenly attacking you on sight. Like ostriches and baboons

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Since I'm "on the road" (living in hotels) at the moment, I enjoy a bit of SWTor at night. Knew that second account would come in handy some day ;)

(even if its original purpose was to squeeze a few extra social points out of the game)

Runs surprisingly well on this little laptop with crappy Intel gfx chips.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I enjoyed TW2. I thought they improved on almost aspect of the first one. Plus I enjoyed the way you could really create your own spells and potions.

But the one thing that did annoy me a little  was the first continent was clearly an African theme and you had these normally docile animals that would never attack a human suddenly attacking you on sight. Like ostriches and baboons

Baboons aren't necessarily docile? They can be pretty dangerous, but I guess its due to people spoiling them in reserves/national parks. And ostriches can be fiercely territorial as well. That's something I picked up while living in Botswana.

Of course they are, like almost all other animals, likely to run away from a human.

Its the same in pseudo European RPG's. Wolf attacks are practically unheard of, but they're the standard "ding, level up" material at low levels. Boar attacks aren't even worth discussing.

I wish that game designers would design their worlds with more consistency, what's the problem with having regular animals for flavor in appropriate areas and aggressive fantasy creatures as xp bags.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I agree with Drowsy.

After all, if we wanted to kill real creatures for XP, we'd stay in the tutorial basement and kill rats!

Edited by melkathi