What are you playing now?

Currently re-playing Divine Divinity (almost done) and Planescape Torment (halfway done) and playing Final Fantasy VI for the first time (just started). I plan to play Arcanum next, as it was a game I actually bought in Taiwan at an open-air market a long time ago and played a lot of... but never finished. (I've still got the packaging, it was so cool to me: got a full manual in English... and another full manual in Chinese).

Which should leave me ready to play-through Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition whenever it comes out, and/or the next big cRPGs--Wasteland 2 and, the one I'm currently crazy-excited for, Divinity Original Sin.

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line.

Pretty nice story. Shame the gameplay isn't up to par for it (cover shooter).

Honestly, what do people see in crappy cover-based shooting with regenerating health? Give me a Serious Sam kinda setup anyday over that crap.

:/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I told myself I wouldn't start playing Fire Emblem Awakening until I completed another game. I couldn't stick to that. I'll just try it for a little bit, I thought to myself. Ended up playing for 4 hours. I have no self control, and in this case, I'm loving it.

Played some Path of Exile, my duelist. Got to Act2, found a portal spell gem (yay) and have a sword that makes me, for the moment, too powerful (yay). They definitely improved the game quite a bit since last I spent any good chunk of time with it. Enemies have higher damage tricks to make you be more cautious. The passive tree is still huge but easier to navigate...but also more restricting per class.  Nice to have what feels like a full sell/buy routine now too...I remember when all you could do was buy basic stuff with ID scrolls.

I still dislike the melee combat feel ... one of those where packs get clustered together/almost on top of each other (and move like lightning) so it's hard to click-aim. Feels like a bit o' latency too. Or just bad melee feedback, where you're never quite sure if you're  hitting something or just chopping at air. eg, Diablo games do melee better than PoE ... PoE is basic aRPG fun but something is still missing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Final Fantasy VI

possibly the best in the series.

What do you mean "possibly"?  It is unequivocally the best game in the series.  If anyone tries to tell me otherwise, I take the mature, diplomatic approach and stick my fingers in my ears and yell "La la la la la, I can't hear you!"

:wowey:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing some Guild Wars 2 and it shouldn't be long until I reach the 500-hour mark total time played.

The new dungeon that they added, Molten Weapons Facility, is one of the better ones they've made. It's on the easy side, but it encourages smart use of jumping and dodging during the boss battles, which not a lot of the dungeons in game do. They really should, because platforming is rather important in much of GW2 content outside dungeons. Also, I really like the new enemy designs, the combination of Dredge and Fire Legion is just lovely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNPS-ux_m6s

It's certainly the last good FF.

I see you were isolated from society one way of another when FF9 came out

• Like 1

Made a new character in the Neverwinter Nights Online game, I was very happy with the options.  It seems like the game will be a pretty good platform for RPing.  My Halfling, Devin Eleven Toes, was able to choose from quite a few regions as an origin and a good chunk of the deities.  Not sure what bearing it will have in the game, but it is a nice touch.  Then I played the game for a few minutes and didn't get into it, the camera bugs me.  It is a nice looking game though, I will give it a try later when I have more time.

Made a new character in the Neverwinter Nights Online game, I was very happy with the options.  It seems like the game will be a pretty good platform for RPing.  My Halfling, Devin Eleven Toes, was able to choose from quite a few regions as an origin and a good chunk of the deities.  Not sure what bearing it will have in the game, but it is a nice touch.  Then I played the game for a few minutes and didn't get into it, the camera bugs me.  It is a nice looking game though, I will give it a try later when I have more time.

If more people from the forum are playing it, should I set up an Obsidian Order custom chat channel?

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

If more people from the forum are playing it, should I set up an Obsidian Order custom chat channel?

Sure, what server are we supposed to be on?  I don't know how long the open beta will last either.

Ok, anyone on NeverWinter Nights Online, Star Trek Online or Champions Online, feel free to type:

/channel_join ObsidianOrder

That should work.

Hurlshot, Cryptic games usually do not have multiple servers as such. Instead they spawn instances as places fill up. So you are all in teh same Neverwinter, but you may be in a different instance. Clicking on teh minimap should allow you to fix that, same as in TOR.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ok, anyone on NeverWinter Nights Online, Star Trek Online or Champions Online, feel free to type:

That should work.

Hurlshot, Cryptic games usually do not have multiple servers as such. Instead they spawn instances as places fill up. So you are all in teh same Neverwinter, but you may be in a different instance. Clicking on teh minimap should allow you to fix that, same as in TOR.

Cool, will do, melkathi

I play on the Mindflayer shard in case folks want to group up and/or form a guild.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oooh they did make shards you have to select? That's confident :p

Yeah, there are 3 of them: Beholder, Mindflayer, and Dragon.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That should work.

I'm very keen to play this NeverWinter with you guys. So keep us updated if you are playing as a group :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm very keen to play this NeverWinter with you guys. So keep us updated if you are playing as a group :)

We should form a guild on Mindflayer shard, on account of that being where my character already is.  :yes:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm coming as well if my graphics card doesn't overheat from the effort

Boo LIVES

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

NWN2: Storm of Zehir

Finally exploring the world map without having to care about being spotted. Trying to fight spiders to get my bounty items so I can finish that task from Kwesi.

Also continued to play Fire Emblem Awakening.

Finished with PvP in Defiance for now. Got my 100 kills for the achievement.

Send in a report for an exploit.

Send in a couple of bug reports.

Got an unlock that I should not have gotten. Now I can't gather the data recordings that I would have needed to get the unlock. Send a bug report about that. Kinda annoyed.

I just picked up Bioshock Infinite and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. So I might be taking a break from World of Warcraft. Who knows?!

A game I'd love to analyze and the expansion to my game of the year last year. wheeeee

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Reached Aleroth in Divinity 2. I couldn't find any more side quests and my log book only has one quest for me to do, so I guess I'm close to finishing the game. I want to play the expansion already.

Tried a bit of Neverwinter MMO.

I don't like it so far. Everything is flashy and gaudy and it looks and plays exactly like every other MMO regardless of its DnD license.

One word: pointless.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.