Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

While helping my sister pack and move things.. It's surprising the things you find.

MasonWithEars_zps93fcbde3.jpg

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

In regards to that dusting commentary going on in the other thread..  I'll throw these up for the random jollities.

Library1__zpsb22744f0.jpg

Library2_zpsa93859a1.jpg

Library3_zpsedd09392.jpg

Library4_zps12eb71f4.jpg

Library5_zps65c95bdf.jpg

- Wals, you can dust and you can dust, but you just can't varnish books to keep them dust free.. ;)

• Like 1

Clingfilm over the shelves. :p

(a.k.a. saran wrap)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sad but true, I do most of my reading on the ipad these days, as well. Of course heavily related to living in the boondocks and not having access to the good bookshops.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Nothing compares with a room full of books, at least reference wise.

Actually, this is blatantly not true, since you can search for terms in an electronic reference. But you know what I mean.

Coincidentally I'm cleaning out my library today. It's been filled up with absolute crap over the last year.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Actually, this is blatantly not true, since you can search for terms in an electronic reference. But you know what I mean.

Coincidentally I'm cleaning out my library today. It's been filled up with absolute crap over the last year.

Yeah, I just had to walk home from the office and grab a copy of my dissertation, since I'm actually working a case on one of my specialties and can't remember what I've written about this thing. :D

Yeah, I just had to walk home from the office and grab a copy of my dissertation, since I'm actually working a case on one of my specialties and can't remember what I've written about this thing. :D

You have that thing where you read something you wrote years ago and think "Why the hell don't I write that well any more?"

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

You have that thing where you read something you wrote years ago and think "Why the hell don't I write that well any more?"

In this case it's more like less than a year ago... >_<
  • Like 1

In regards to that dusting commentary going on in the other thread..  I'll throw these up for the random jollities.

Library1__zpsb22744f0.jpg

Library2_zpsa93859a1.jpg

Library3_zpsedd09392.jpg

Library4_zps12eb71f4.jpg

Library5_zps65c95bdf.jpg

- Wals, you can dust and you can dust, but you just can't varnish books to keep them dust free.. ;)

If you pay me, I'll take all of that off your hands. I'd be doing you a favor.

I have been carefully building my personal library over careful years.. You think I'll let it slip out of my hands? :shifty:

Photos from the tractor pulling event:

The 10k horsepower tractor ''Lambada''. 

tp3_zps86a06b9b.jpg

Aircraft engine with a whooping 55.000 cubic centimeters of capacity. 

tp2_zps76591033.jpg

This one used three Russian helicopter engines developing a total of around 8000 horsepower. It ran with jet fuel.
Its turbines had to be revved up and started with an old Audi car diesel engine which was dragged around on a small carriage. The engines air intake was 40 cubic meters per second.

tp8_zps56674733.jpg

Diesel power. 

tp1_zps7d71f239.jpg

Extremely loud nitro V8's! 
tp7_zpsa2d56988.jpg

Closeup:

tp5_zpsb91096e3.jpg

Women winners ceremony. Yes, there where female drivers and they rocked just as hard as the men.

tp4_zps2723f1b1.jpg

After each pull compactors and steam rollers were used to repair the damaged dirt strip for the next tractor.

tp6_zpscb0d3228.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

That is just hilarious. How do they get the money to build and run the damn things?

-Elwood Blues

That is just hilarious. How do they get the money to build and run the damn things?

Hobby. Some people put every spare cent they have into their machines instead of making boring holidays or playing golf. The more successful teams have sponsors of course, but they still have to pay most of the stuff out of their own pocket. Its not Formula 1. (Thank god its not)

So it always saddens me greatly whenever one of those engines or crankshafts blow up, which can happen when you have 10000 horsepower at 8000 rpms with 11000 NM working there. And lets not forget turbos working in the 8-bar area.

In Austria?! Tractor-pulling?! I don't even. I mean, I see the pictures ... and the complete lack of tank-top shirts, CAT hats, and beer-bellies ... but ..

Huh? Why not? Tractor pulling is REALLY big in Europe, hell, its pretty much the national sport of the Neatherlands. They have three-day long Tractor Pulling events there, even indoor events as seen here: (Turn your speakers up!)

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Now that Mr. Grey isn't in the yard this year's new crop of (3-4 month?) neighbor kittens have taken it over. I didn't realize there were new ones until yesterday, actually (hubs said they liked sleeping on the fence). Today I went to look at them closer, and their condition upsets me. One seems to have fluid-sounding breathing and sick looking eyes, the other has this giant cyst/swollen tumor or something under the skin on one side of his face - both are completely encrusted with flea poops under their fur. They're both otherwise kitten-like (energy, playful) but man...take care of your freakin' cats. Or better, get the older ones spayed so you stop having sickly kittens every year. #!@$@## I just want to kidnap them and take care of them myself, if a vet said they had nothing contagious.

neighbor-cat44a.jpg

neighbor-cat43a.jpg

neighbor-cat42a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sorry about the mini-rant before...I know the neighbors love their pets/aren't purposely abusive; it just always makes me sad/angry when ppl who can't afford a lot of pets seem intent on having more/do nothing to prevent ending up with a plethora of them.

There's actually 4 kittens in the new crop that we've seen. One's all-black - I wonder if Mr. Black would like a mini-me?

neighbor-cat45.jpg

neighbor-cat46.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Adopt them while they're young and still approachable.  There are several adult ferals that I feed and they've no interest in letting any people closer than 8ft. or so.  And smack your ignorant neighbor on the back of the head.  Stupid people shouldn't have pets of any sort...except maybe a pet rock.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/