there were more than a few bad guys in breaking bad. sure, walter white and white supremacists is obvious evil-doers, but we thinks that some o' the contemptible characters in the show got kid gloves treatment at the end. no spoilers, but we woulda wanted some greater recognition that the hypocrites were villains too. just saying.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I think there were points made, during the show's run, that in some sense or other, to one degree or another, almost everyone can have a "break bad" moment or three that can lead them down not the best paths. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have to say, the wives were pretty damn annoying and whiney and generally hypocritical messes throughout the series.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, I'd agree. And Hank was Ahab after his whale....even early on.

Especially when he found out Walt was Heisenberg. It wasn't that he was a criminal, it was more that he'd hurt Hank's pride over being right there under his nose. Hell, Walt literally told him he was moving quarter of a million in cash at one point and Hank just thought it was a joke and ignored it.  I don't know about you, but I could get the sense that Hank wouldn't have been that bothered by it if it wasn't for that hurt pride and the way it would look - the DEA agent who didn't know his own brother-in-law was a criminal mastermind.

I think there were points made, during the show's run, that in some sense or other, to one degree or another, almost everyone can have a "break bad" moment or three that can lead them down not the best paths. :)

true enough, but am still standing on point that "some o' the contemptible characters in the show got kid gloves treatment at the end." am realizing that this were kinda a happy ending route for breaking bad... at least as happy as were plausible given the show's history, but am still irritated by some folks who seemed to be painted as victims. walter were a horrible man, but the folks who were judging him on-screen at the end were the ones least justified (in our mind) to be doing so. is maybe ironic, but walter were the only evil-doer who were seeming having any genuine growth and self realization.  walter were the only good character in finale... though we mean qualitative 'stead 'o moral in this instance. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps all things considered, we thought it were a very solid finale episode... historically speaking. maybe not as well as we thinks Angel went out, but far better than MASH. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The character of Walter White was written so well that he's sort of an anti-hero and a lot of people feel sympathy for him. And a lot of people still believe he was doing this for his family when he was doing it for himself. Everything that happened to Walt he brought on himself, except for the cancer. He could have accepted the money at the start from Elliot and Gretchen and be with his family. I believe most people in the real world would do this to be with their family until the cancer takes them.

Instead, he chose to go down a life of crime, destroying lives and killing people. And viewers are happy with this. It was well written so you go along with the ride. And a lot of fans have hatred and take it out on characters like Skyler. What's even worse is there are Facebook hate pages of Skyler and the actress Anna Gunn has had threats. Simply Weird.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist
  • Like 1

OK.

I give in.

What is the cheapest legit way to watch Breaking Bad from the first episode onwards?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

OK.

I give in.

What is the cheapest legit way to watch Breaking Bad from the first episode onwards?

In the UK, probably Netflix.

Isn't netflix run by Amazon? I'm sick of  feeding that particular tiger.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hm, don't think so. Although all I really know is it's a public company and the CEO is still one of the co-founders. And Google talked about acquiring them some months back.

But it's something like £5.99 for a month for it, and I think it's pretty much the only way you can watch all of Breaking Bad in the UK unless you get all the dvd's.  Or download it via other sources.

Watched Sleepy Hollow episode 3.  Definitely stronger in the "monster of the week" elements of the show, but with more backstory for Abby and her sister.

But why did Orlando Jones' character do a 180 from his previous attitude towards the unexplained?  I think they're definitely saying he knows more than he lets on - but is he on the good or bad side?

Next week looks like it'll be playing up the "National Treasure" type Americana conspiracy.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

OK.

I give in.

You can get digital downloads from these locations:

amc.com

iTunes

Amazon

Netflix

XBOX Live

Amazon want's 2$ an episode so Netflix is much cheaper.

We broke down and bought the DVDs (Amazon had them on sale) and are waiting for the dvd release on the last half of the final season. 

Edited by kgambit

Absolutely not.  Netflix is an independent company, I drive by their building every day.  

It is the best way to catch up on Breaking Bad, it will take you through every episode except the last 7 or so.  They typically get the seasons around the same time the DVD's come out.

A lot of the other outlets will make you pay by episode or season, Netflix is just a monthly flat fee.

Absolutely not.  Netflix is an independent company, I drive by their building every day.  

It is the best way to catch up on Breaking Bad, it will take you through every episode except the last 7 or so.  They typically get the seasons around the same time the DVD's come out.

A lot of the other outlets will make you pay by episode or season, Netflix is just a monthly flat fee.

Hmmm.

Any other shows on there I might watch. I need three to justify the change in lifestyle.

-Elwood Blues

OK.

I give in.

Friend that's subscribed to Netflix.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@Wal: Buffy, Angel, Archer, Mad Men, Doctor Who, Walking Dead, a ****load of B-movies, and too many others.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Hm, doesn't Netflix do a free month where you can trial it? So you could do that, watch all of Breaking Bad that's there, then cancel it once the month is done?

The Kevin Spacey version of House of Cards is on Netflix if you haven't caught that yet..

Edited by Raithe

good series that makes netflix worth the investment? many self-proclaimed geeks is gonna already own firefly and battlestar galactica. tv snobs may own sopranos and the wire and similar stuff.  even so, is much good tv we never thought to actual purchase that is easier to simple watch on netflix.

i, claudius, the muppet show, the outer limits, alfred hitch**** presents, rocky and his friends, twilight zone, st. elsewhere, home movies, wanted: dead or alive, etc.  

download version is great for many of the American shows that has ridiculous many year lifespans. even best multi-year shows got more than a few crap episodes.

oh, and don't discount the muppet show. lena horne sings with puppets? peter ustinov trades quips with a talking frog? is some genuine fantastic stuff... and is kinda surreal in retrospect.

HA! Good Fun!

Wait, they have The Wire?

I still haven't seen season 4.

-Elwood Blues

No, they don't have any HBO. HBO has their own streaming service only available to cable subscribers

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I watched the IT Crowd on Netflix, as well as all the Stargate stuff.  Also, Arrested Development is one of the best shows ever and the only place you can get the last season is Netflix.  It has a pretty huge inventory, I doubt you will regret the few bucks it costs for a month.

I'd buy you a gift subscription, but it only lets me buy one for the US.