Sleepy Hollow was enjoyable, but what made me super angry was:

"Officer down officer down!"

*cop on other side of town*

"oh crap, it must be this random disheveled guy in front of my car right now"

*everyone takes him seriously*

Well its kind of unclear how far away the other cop actually was. But the other cop

was also part of the conspiracy and everyone thought the other cop had lost her faculties when the sheriff was killed

The role of Sheriff I'm a little unclear on too. From what I understand they are either an officer of the courts, or the chief of police, while here he was like a beat cop with an office.
I think they're treating him like an "old west" sheriff, who was actively involved in the policing of the town. In reality I think the Westchester County Public Safety Department is led by a Sherrif but Sleepy Hollow itself has a Chief of Police as its public safety head.

I'm a bit unclear over the delegation of power too - Orlando Jones is playing a police captain, but he seems to have authority over the Sheriff, so I'm thinking that Jones is the Captain of the Westchester County Police (seat in White Plains, not far from Sleepy Hollow about 15 minutes) and that the Sheriff is specific to the town of Sleepy Hollow and falls, at some level, under the direction of Westchester County public safety (thus giving Jones the ability to pull rank on Beharie).

I think it might be the other way around, Sheriffs are the heads of county police, while municipal police can be separate. Either way its a great big mess, but really only affects the pilot so it shouldn't be much of an issue in laer episides.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think it might be the other way around, Sheriffs are the heads of county police, while municipal police can be separate. Either way its a great big mess, but really only affects the pilot so it shouldn't be much of an issue in laer episides.

Well I'm not an expert. New York seems to use sheriff's differently than we do here, so...

the big take-away is that the heroes have trouble from Jones' character and he has some sort of authority over Beharie's character.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Any series that has Clancy Brown in it has a certain amount of win. Then they kill him off in the first 15 minutes.

But did I miss any particular reason or how you end up going from "he has no id and thinks he's from 250 years in the past" to "hey, we're not throwing you in the mental asylum and since you were walking around with a skeletal head in a jar we're going to invite you into this case"?

I mean sure, two street cops saw a weird headless guy armed to the teeth, and another country sherrif's deputy pulled a gun on the girl, but really there seems to be a large leap somewhere in that mess...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Series finale of Dexter. A bit anticlimactic, contradicted some character evolution, but otherwise decent.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The penultimate episode of Breaking Bad.  Great television, but really, really, really sad.  I'm so psyched for the finale.

:dancing:

Yeah....Jessie and Walt's son's bits were wrenchers.

I guess we know now where that time went. A slow, calm before the storm episode, which I appreciated. Not to mention...Robert Forster as the "vacuum cleaner guy". That was awesome.

Series finale of Dexter. A bit anticlimactic, contradicted some character evolution, but otherwise decent.

Going to be watching that in a bit. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I also watched the pilot of Sleepy Hollow so thx for the tip guys as I didn't know about the series until you all discussed it, it does look entertaining and I'll keep following it.

How about that demonic entity at the end, exciting stuff    

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This, was some seriously gut-wrenching ****

nooooooooooo.gif

I love that this show pulls no punches.  None.  Ever.  Zero.  It is quite hard to watch sometimes, though.

On a different note, for whatever reason, I thoroughly enjoy the incredibly awkward Creepy Todd hitting on Lydia scenes.  It's soooo creepy.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It did feel a bit anticlimactic, what with all the build up. Rather mellow pacing and conclusion, mostly. But it was pretty emotionally sad. :(  I'm not sure it contradicted chr. evolution too much. He was always a waffler, at least in terms of personal motivations.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After watching that Hostages show for a bit, I'm still not sure how they can drag a season out of this premise. Also, if these people have eyes, fingers everywhere...how hard can it be to assassinate the President.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It did feel a bit anticlimactic, what with all the build up. Rather mellow pacing and conclusion, mostly. But it was pretty emotionally sad. :(  I'm not sure it contradicted chr. evolution too much. He was always a waffler, at least in terms of personal motivations.

I dunno, it just felt erratic for him to break down. I could see it working if this wasn't the last season, or if there had been an additional 10-15 minutes showing how he was coping with his murderous urges, but ending it by showing him as a lonely lumberjack just lacks in closure.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

After watching that Hostages show for a bit, I'm still not sure how they can drag a season out of this premise. Also, if these people have eyes, fingers everywhere...how hard can it be to assassinate the President.

I thought about watching that, but tuned in to Blacklist instead.  Fairly mediocre, had its moments.  It could conceivably turn into something good, if for no other reason than James Spader putting it on his back and carrying it there.  He was great.  The rest of the show...  

:shrugz:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

To quote hubby: "I'm all out of Dexter."

Thus he's been watching another Showtime show, called The Big C. I've only seen a few of the episodes and some scenes as I walk by. Seems rather uneven but bits of its black comedy is pretty funny. :)

Castle.

Well the answer to the proposal was as amusing as was generally expected, and then they kept it fairly serious for the rest of the episode. And leaving a season opener on a cliffhanger, that's kind of unusual.

• Like 1

Second episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW was about the sasme amounts of goofy and fun as the first. Definitely did some things I didn't expect. But also a lot of "wait a minute..." moments too.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Blacklist looks like it might be interesting. Although there has been a rather large supply of conspiracy/criminal masterminds abounding on tv of late.

James Spader working the mojo as the man with a plan. Of course, it's hard not to see it as an "evil" Alan Shore.. :dancing:

And for random tv news..

SyFy seems to be taking a break from reality tv to do : Deadline - SyFy Projects

Syfy has greenlighted a 90-minute pilot for Dominion, a drama based on characters from the 2010 feature Legion, which starred Paul Bettany. The feature’s director/co-writer Scott Stewart is directing the pilot, written by Vaun Wilmott (Sons Of Anarchy). Dominion is described as an epic supernatural action drama set 25 years in the future after a war between an army of angels and mankind has transformed the world. It follows the perilous journey of a rebellious young soldier who discovers he’s the unlikely savior of humanity. Bold Films, which produced the movie for Screen Gems, is co-producing with Universal Cable Prods. Stewart and Bold’s Michel Litvak and David Lancaster executive produce, with Wilmott, co-executive producing.

In addition to Dominion, Syfy has narrowed the field for more pickups as I hear the network is considering both pilot and straight-to-series orders. Said to be at the top of the list are four projects, at least one of which is expected to go straight to series.

The quartet includes another movie adaptation, 12 Monkeys, from writers Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett, director Jon Cassar and Atlas Entertainment; Clandestine, from actor-writer Todd Stashwick and artist Dennis Calero, described as a swashbuckling space drama/adventure revolving around mercenaries who masquerade as part of an intergalactic fleet; Proof, from Marti Noxon and M. Night Shyamalan, about the son of a billionaire tech genius who offers a large reward for anyone who can find proof of life after death; and Sojourn, from Phil Levens, Jason Blum and Lionsgate, about a space detective tasked with investigating a murder on a starship.

Wilmott, repped by WME, which also reps Stewart and Bold, and manager Carel Cutler, is writing the Syfy miniseries development project Ringworld, with Jeff Pinkner, Joby Harold and Akiva Goldsman executive producing, and also penned the Syfy miniseries Darkfall.

• Like 1

Watching Shield. 

You can tell it's Joss Wheatons baby. Although I think they made Colson into to much of the jokster. Most of his lines have been a mix of information/exposition with a quick joke at the end.

Also, I'd swear that DL from Heroes is one of the characters with Micah as his kid again.

Also, they really pushed out the "Geeks will watch this" bs (he said after watching Darth Vader having a lightsaber duel with a entry level office worker... fueled by pringles)

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Second episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW was about the sasme amounts of goofy and fun as the first. Definitely did some things I didn't expect. But also a lot of "wait a minute..." moments too.

Nice, I'll be watching that one soon :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't have Tv... Just netflix and considering adding redbox... I'm not sure if that makes me a cool kid for not having cable or a loser for not having cable

As long as you can generally watch what you want the definition is irrelevant :)

John Milton