Anita Sarkeesian/Tropes and Women in Gaming

alanschu

To each his own, I guess. It makes sense in context, her having to salvage a dress after... her old one is ruined. The change in clothing and haircut also marked the transition between a girl and a woman. 

I found it, I think: 

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/273885244720029696

It's funny how a self-professed feminist (Price) is sexist towards her own gender. Elizabeth is more than just her appearance, yet that is ignored at a point where it's well established that she's more than just a cheap way to attract gamers.

elizabeth_bioshock_infinite_comparison_9

Elizabeth changed quite bit from orginal vision  to character which we see in the game.  Her role changed also bit more active during development if I have understand correctly (I think that I read that orginal vision was that she is just damsel in distress character )

Edited by Elerond

If you are trying to say they replaced the low neckline dress with the outfit on the right. That didn't happen. Different points in the game.

No, I pointed out they changed their artistic vision of here from doll to more human.

No, I pointed out they changed their artistic vision of here from doll to more human.

The style of her physical model looks identical. And neither is 'human', they are both cartoony looking.

Edited by Fighter

The style of her physical model looks identical. And neither is 'human', they are both cartoony looking.

If you say so, but in playstation magazine (where the picture is from) they say that they did just such adjustment on aesthetics style and that they changed her role more active one. So I but that picture and text clip here to so that not always critic or succestions to games tone make game worse (given that you don't think that B:I would had been better if Elizabeth had been typical damsel in distress without active role in game)

I'd have asked her how much they were paying her for the advertising.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anyone who wanders around with videogame t-shirt combined with the attitude of "Nu-uh, you probably haven't played it" deserve utter humiliation. 

The only difference in gender would be that one of them would've been a c*** and the other would've been d***.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I did kind of the same thing when someone questioned me when I was wearing my "Hello Kitty, Bubblegum Girlfriends" shirt. I told them how far I got in croquet.

390559-hello-kitty-bubblegum-girlfriends

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

BChSmTCCAAAvca0.jpg

I thought these nice books to children fit quite nicely under this topic as they present two tropes that are aimed to different genders.

And these t-shirts for children have quite similar theme

original.jpg

original.jpg

Pictures are from these articles

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/sexist-avengers-t-shirts-_n_3063942.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/how-to-be-gorgeous-kids-book_n_2641073.html

Edited by Elerond

"This is what happens when you baselessly challenge a woman on her gaming creds and said woman happens to be the gaming editor at a major tech site."

L0L The ego on this one is just like a man!

"You didn't beat!"

"I did too!"

*Nah!"

"The ending is  ...."

"Oh, you did play it." *shrug*

"Do you see! I have major cred! I AM GAMINGE DITOR LET ME ROARR!"

L0LZ

P.S. The original topic  Mr. Sark is still sexist. She thinks it is okay for men to be stereotyped and sexified but not okay when it is women. That is definition of sexist. Why is she so evil incarnate?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

BChSmTCCAAAvca0.jpg

I thought these nice books to children fit quite nicely under this topic as they present two tropes that are aimed to different genders.

I thought they set those two books up, so that way if they ever got too close, they would blow up preventing someone from reading them both.

Also, I hope that shirt isn't designed at young girls (shape wise.) I wonder if they thought the equivalency in a regular shaped T-shirt with Jean Grey, Black Widow, Sue Richards and Storm would be too far? Either way, I'm not buying it, for me, or my kids. Ever.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Awesome use of it in Saints Row 3.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Then I guess The Simpsons are misandric because the women are the smart ones of the family and the men are utter idiots? You're grasping at straws, man.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 1