Pictures of your games part 2

Rosbjerg

Also, got bored again, which meant that even tho I generally dislike melee in Borderlands/1st person, I bought the Psycho anyway. Something different to try for the weekend

Krieg's loads of fun. first levels aren't anything special, but once you go through his middle branch and equip yourself properly he becomes unstoppable (Law and Order for example heal you for the amount of DMG you deal on each hit, so if your melee hits deal good damage you never have to worry about your HP).

also, his Fight For Your Life mechanic becomes different from others and is also very fun to do (you get a stack of dynamite and your movement isn't impaired, you run around tossing explosives at enemies, and once your timer runs out you explode, if you happen to kill at least one enemy with the blast, you are revived; you can also force the big explosion at any time during FFYL)

I'm loving my Psycho

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It's not so much about whether the melee skills are potentially fun or well designed. It's that I end up disliking the melee mechanics of the game engine and 1st person in general. With such an in-your-face melee viewpoint (all I see is the top half of a chestplate half the time, or whatever) and high speed of turning/dodging/running, I always end up feeling like all I'm doing is flailing/clicking madly around the center of the screen at random, hoping I hit what I intend to hit. Which I find ... irritating/not fun. It's highly probable I'll get a Psycho to about lvl 25-30 and then never play one again - just like I did with Brick and Zero.  :D

But yeah, the middle tree is where I was going to concentrate. I bulldozed him to Sanctuary. Only tried the melee skill on BoomBoom and his pals. Worked, fast, didn't die. His dual personality is kinda cute.  I do have one minor "complaint" about him, however.

Get out of my way, you hulking behemoth, I can't see. :lol:

BL2-000188.jpg

BL2-000187.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Get out of my way, you hulking behemoth, I can't see. :lol:

I hate that. makes sorting through my inventory a nightmare, I usually turn him to face the right side of the screen

also, the dual-personality. he has a chance of hitting himself in the face instead of his enemies on every melee attack you make. sometimes it kicks off several times in a row, meaning it can kill you easily. and it's not the most annoying thing about this "feature", it blurs your vision for a couple of seconds, making you almost completely blind. this will cause a lot of frustration (especially during boss-fights) later on

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I hate that. makes sorting through my inventory a nightmare, I usually turn him to face the right side of the screen

Hubs uses the pc xbox controller, I'm not sure he can "turn" him like we can with the mouse. Can you, any idea? If not, hubs won't be playing him for long. :lol:

also, the dual-personality. he has a chance of hitting himself in the face instead of his enemies on every melee attack you make. sometimes it kicks off several times in a row, meaning it can kill you easily.

I didn't know about that. That sounds ... extremely annoying, yes. It was only the VO lines that I thought were "cute." Heh.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hubs uses the pc xbox controller, I'm not sure he can "turn" him like we can with the mouse. Can you, any idea? If not, hubs won't be playing him for long.  :lol:

don't know :/ Krieg does look like a char best suited for playing with a controller, though

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

don't know :/ Krieg does look like a char best suited for playing with a controller, though

Seems you can turn them around w/the controller. Controller melee key is by pushing down on one of the movement joysticks, which is (to us) actually kind of awkward, since you're trying to push it down as well as use it to frantically move around. :)

...I bought some of the BL2 skin packs. Steam's page showed this Pyscho executioner-like hood, and I thought, "cool." But...what they did was cut off the top of the head/hood, so when you get in-game you realize it has this folded over, pointy top. Which isn't so cool. :disguise: Oh well...I do like having a bald Maya, and some of the others. :biggrin:

BL2-000190.jpg

BL2-000189.jpg

Need to decide who to marry. Damn these games and their romances:

nz0m.jpg

The undead princess is meak, the dwarf powerhungry, the lizard independent and the elf an air-head.

I am affraid the elf would make me cringe with every dialogue. The undead supposedly has the most interesting personal side quests. The dwarf has the whole breast controversy...

Damn, I guess I have to play this game multiple times.

cqkj.jpg

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

is this a Divinity game?

Walsingham said:

time for some military goodness

0hz5.jpg

25c3.jpg

29fj.jpg

Walsingham said:

@melkathi - don't know if I'd like their stats/skills etc. but the lizards look interesting. :)

My snake-woman healing companion is cool/useful and all, but occasionally I have to let my panther and tiger spend some quality growling time together, lest I become cat-food.

NWO-0119.jpg

• Like 1

Here I am riding atop Baxter, the cute little fella on the left is my newest companion, Wolfgang Amadeus Orczart.

h8VK2vq.jpg

That's the base skin, who knows what the other skins will look like.

LadyC can go dual cat, I can go dual wolf style. ;)

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Since several patches ago or something, I've become more and more annoyed with the way outfits that have "loose" bottom-front flaps/sections become clipped to the backside. They always flew up while going downstairs or something, but now I only have to jump, turn around in a circle while running, get on/off my mount etc. and they flip. It's not that they look terrible - well, except the skimpy Courtesan outfit can flip in a way that makes you look like a neutered Barbie with no undies on (didn't post a pic of that :p ) - but I don't think they're supposed to flip so easily and stay stuck for long periods. Plus I wonder if it's even visible to others...maybe only the player notices on their screen...

NWO-0120.jpg

time for some military goodness

0hz5.jpg

I always stay in Chernarus, though it looks worse than Takistan. Need to download more units for ArmA

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Since several patches ago or something, I've become more and more annoyed with the way outfits that have "loose" bottom-front flaps/sections become clipped to the backside. They always flew up while going downstairs or something, but now I only have to jump, turn around in a circle while running, get on/off my mount etc. and they flip. It's not that they look terrible - well, except the skimpy Courtesan outfit can flip in a way that makes you look like a neutered Barbie with no undies on (didn't post a pic of that :p ) - but I don't think they're supposed to flip so easily and stay stuck for long periods. Plus I wonder if it's even visible to others...maybe only the player notices on their screen...

Seems its a new version of the cape-bug we had in Champions Online

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

GRID 2, time attack, Ariel Atom.  Passing the opponent was inconsequential, though satisfying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7CzHha5GoM&feature=em-upload_owner

I wish they would let you record longer videos.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks