SW: The Old Republic Part 5

I had planned on playing tonight, but then I remembered the notice somebody pointed me to, servers are going to be down today.

*sigh*

Aussies (APAC) always gets screwed out of a day of their sub every time they need to update something (starting at 19:00, i.e. after work and ending at 24:00, i.e. bed time) :(

Edit: Somewhat unrelated anecdote. Ran into an amusing "feature" with my Agent. Doing class mission on Nar Shaddaa, disguised as droid, seeking out cell leader. Doing the ID check at forcefield and getting through to boss. Getting diverted to flashpoint before dialogue (heck, can always return to previous location, right?) and true enough, returned to previous location. Except, Boss is now gone, nobody to talk to. No biggie, probably just have to go back to starting point as mission seems to have "backpedalled". Guess what, Agent and door handle are located on opposite sides of force field, so he can't leave the boss room. No problem, log out and log in, should take you out of story/mission area, back to entrance. Nope, Agent and door handle in exact same, mutually inaccessible positions... *Grrr*. Fast travel all the way back to Promenade and start all over again.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, running into some strange issues lately. Not sure which specific update made them prevalent, but my jump pack equipped Bounty Hunter has turned into an oddity when using it. He'll either stop dead in his tracks initiation long distance combat (the animation plays, it plays the metallic 'clank' sound, but he hits and invisible barrier and goes nowhere) or he'll fly over and hit the target alright... twice, two clank noises later dealing double damage. Not that I'm particularly fuzzed about the later, but I'm sure it's unintentional. It didn't always do that double or nothing stuff =]

Having maxed out in cybertech and my commando almost maxed out in armourtech crew skills means my motley crew of characters don't really have much to spend their planetary commendations on. They now indulge in shopping sprees of various purple artifact cases, emailing stuff back and forth. A legacy "repository" like the cargo bay of your ship would be a very welcome addition to the game, would cut down on the emailing back and forth :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sub's over, back to pref. That means no more 10 bug reports per play session too :(. I'll miss that. And quicktravel being 20m instead of 2h. Nothing else though...

Squashed my money on GTN on ship and various upgrades, all legacy boons for all chars, around 20 operation weekly passes and kept around 2-3 million left. Squandered them on collection armor unlocks. About 15% now. So I suppose plenty to do for money still.

Got hooked up on Seeker droid hunting, was a lot of fun... 2.2.3 ruined it. Great, didn't even get a week of fun. Now it's totally sucking. From addicted to never touching a droid again in 1 patch. Way to go BioWare.

Anway, couldn't play for a while, need to try out the new daily area and 2 fp's today. And bounty hunter week starts wednesday. I hope they are less dissapoiting than the 1.7 Ilum addition...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You might want to wait with the daily area until after Tuesday's patch where they reduce the numbers needed to spawn additional instances. Or make sure to play in off-peak hours. Running the dailies with 50 people in the instance is a chore...

What did they change with the seeker droids? I hated it before the change, just found it mind-numbingly boring. So maybe now it'll interest me again, if not you. Maybe I could convince myself to go for the star forager and dread seed armors after all (have completed the main quest for it, just no digging).

Well, the parts are easier, so if that's your goal, you definitely got it good.

Otherwise, here's a 15page thread on it (with a few posts of me when I was still a sub);

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=664285

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I still haven't actually started any of the seeker droid stuff.  Heh, actually I still haven't completed Markab with any character yet.  I've just been dabbling here and there with getting my Consular, Trooper and Agent a bit further along on their story arcs. Not really focusing on anything in particular.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Running my Marauder through Makeb and he is having a much easier time with it than my Sorc did. That's not to say that it's hard but he kills everything faster and with Quinn healing him he has almost no down time and even the 2 man heroics aren't much challenge

I've done the seeker droid and macrobinocular quests up to the last part with the Heroic 4 and I've enjoyed both so far

Also, just started doing the CZ-198 dailies. I need to grind out legacy level 40 for Treek but not sure if I should just run high level dailies or level up one of my lower level alts

Free games updated 3/4/21

Depends if you have 1 million credits. If not definitely the high level dailies to gain it faster.

Also, slightly dissapointed with CZ-198. That area is so small. The only thing making it cost time is 80 people fighting for 5 clickables of which you need 8 (x2). Once a new instance spawned and I went there, swoop, it's a 5m- deal. I suppose nice to have a daily area be over so fast, but... I was hoping for more.

Flashpoints are also, lacking. In order to keep them classless they are rather easy, and the bossfights are just, not that good. Also after the great H4's finishing the Seeker and Macro, it's dissapointing there are no puzzles, no thinking.

They would have been much better if you had to split up 2/2 once. Or click 4 things at the same time. Or a small solo-sequence. But no, just fight fight fight.

Though I have to admit this is from SM, haven't had a group form for the HM new FP's yet, which have class-functions.

^

Not quite there yet. My Powertech is level 48 (halfway to 49). Decided to stay put a bit on Hoth and go looking for Tauntaun mounts. Checking a FAQ it looks like you need binoculars to find the nests???

Also, in typical fashion, servers are going to be down for most of a day. In true EA style, it also looks like they are going to wait until mid-week when its public holiday here to *really* screw over APAC customers (instead of the start or end of the week) :getlost:

We have a public holiday?

Oh, bloody Queenslanders.

Hey, at least we don't take a day off just to watch horse races :p
  • Like 1

We have a public holiday?

Oh, bloody Queenslanders.

Hey, at least we don't take a day off just to watch horse races :p

Personally consider that the only valid reason for a day off.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I tried one of the contracts. Went to Hutta. It was ridiculous. The tiny cantina was crowded with 40+ or so people from levels 25-55, squatting on the spawn points, checking to see who had the fastest trigger.

Gave up after 2 minutes and abandoned the quest. Maybe in a few months time (since it's announced to be a recurring thing).

Had more fun getting my first Tauntaun, scouring Hoth for data (got the subscriber one, although I had 6-7 spare data items, might get the "full" priced one too over the weekend).

Since EA decided to only take the servers down for a few hours instead of a few days as first announced, it meant I actually had most of a day to play :)

Macroth is now level 50, a few xp shy of level 51. Started to check out the harder space missions (got brutally slaughtered in the first attempt). Also finished two flashpoints along the way that I hadn't played before (first Red Reaper and then False Emperor. Still need to do Directive 7 though, group finder is funny like that).

Edit: Cleared some bonus missions on Makeb while still being level 48, but decided my chances of survival would probably improve if I gained a few more levels first, so now continuing the Bounty Hunter story's chapter 3 on Belsavis.

Edit2: Blizz is a blast. A daily commendation to whoever came up with that character.

There are at least five spawn points outside the cantinga, and when I was there not a lot of people were fighting for them. Took me five minutes tops. But Hutta was by far the worst one (I think most people went there because it's the smallest planet). I did Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant and Ord mantell as well and they were all much faster.

But there's not a lot of variation in the missions, so I fear it will start to feel real grindy before you reach legend status. My current plan is to do that grind this time around and the next, by then I should have enough reputation trophies for Legend, and then I probably won't do these again (since only reputation matters, once you're legend credits buy you all the rewards).

I also did one of the Kingpin contracts, which was at least slightly different. Hopefully those will be more varied in execution.

There are at least five spawn points outside the cantinga, and when I was there not a lot of people were fighting for them. Took me five minutes tops. But Hutta was by far the worst one (I think most people went there because it's the smallest planet).

Probably because it's the lowest level?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There are at least five spawn points outside the cantinga, and when I was there not a lot of people were fighting for them. Took me five minutes tops. But Hutta was by far the worst one (I think most people went there because it's the smallest planet).

If they did like me, it was simply the first on the list ;)

Maybe, but since you have to be level 10 to get to the fleet, Hutta is something you'd have to go back to anyway, and Ord mantell was nowhere near as bad (mostly because a much larger spawn area).

It could also be because I was online when the event started and every man and his blaster suddenly rushed the contract stands.

Gave it a break for a day and went back at a time when west coast US is fast asleep (well, they should be). The benefit of living in the unwanted bastard child timezone. Less crowded, got my 5 pieces of info and the bounty. Then I realised it's bound to legacy, so in short order, 5 more characters in my legacy were off to various places collecting bounties. My commando hit a snatch though, no way he could defeat his Tattooine opponent in one on one combat, even with companions for help.

Still, got 5 bounties in an hour and a half and I'm now approaching tier 2 in the reputation (friend?).

• Like 1

Hutta is still awful from what I hear. All others are fine though. Voss and Alderaan seem to be the best for me so far.

I'm also running this on 5 characters total, and have 2 of the Kingpin ones unlocked. They at least use a different mechanic to locate (and the end fight have different mechanics to them, if only slightly), so it makes things a little more varied. They're also marked as group content, so are slightly tougher. The can be soloed by a geared player, but otherwise any group of two should be able to do them.

Dammit, I want to get in and try it out. I have to wait until I get things fixed. By which time..event's will be over. >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."