SW: The Old Republic Part 5

Another funny story is when I recently reported their crafting tweak was broken. A recent patch (2.2?) was supposed to change 401+ biochem items from giving 1 (regular) or 2 (critical) to 3 (normal) or 6 (critical). Instead it was giving 3 on regular and 4 on critical. Reporting this and another issue with the Encrypted Datacubes (the final reward for all 8 is not given if f2p) the response was 'It should not happen' (to the datacubes one)... well, it did. As for the other, they couldn't check it out for me since I was pref, not sub. Now if I was a sub they could check this bug for me. It's a bug! It's not part of just my character, everyone experiences it. :/

The crafting bit is actually you reading the patch notes wrong. It's supposed to be 3 for crafting and one additional for a crit, not double the amount.

Another note, customer service typically won't answer if you submit something under bug (other than standardized answers) instead it gets added to their bug handling system for investigating. So if you're missing out on a reward or something, don't file it asa  bug or you won't get help. Or rather file it as a bug and something else.

The patchnotes specifically state the 401+ biochem rewards were changed from 1/2 to 3/6 (which makes sense, crit allowing 2 RE's in both cases).

So yes, it's a bug. An annoying one for Biochem crafters.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

This is copied from the patch notes:

"Crafted level 401+ Prototype (blue) quality Stims, Adrenals, and Medpacs now yield stacks of 3 or 4 rather than 1 or 2, depending on success type."

Also, the exotech stims that produced 3 and 4, so it's always worked this way.

side-note: we preferred previous crit dynamic. we gots multiple toons that can makes nano-infused stims and we were making ~30k creds per stim before the change-- might version seemed to be in highest demand. sadly, market kinda flooded afterwards. anything that is decreasing the time we spend doing mindless daily runs for credits is a good thing. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

How much did the price go down with? If you're selling them for more than a third of the previous price, you're making more money per mats spent.

Crit dynamic didn't change, just how many you get baseline.

actually, the price dropped precipitously. furthermore, at a competitive price we could sell 4-6 in 20 minutes.  takes much longer to sell now as demand is not as high. Gromnir is NOT gonna sit staring at gtn to optimize when to sell. am now making less per mat.

HA! Good Fun!

is not a large difference, but as a seller, the old scheme were better for us. is no doubt better now for buyers... but we ain't a buyer

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

They changed the patchnotes?

It definitely said 3/6 when I read those 2.3 notes a while ago.

And yes, aside from Gromnir's mention, the change is also a slap-in-the-face for new crafters, when previously a crit meant 2 RE's (double the chance for the better version) you're now left with nothing, and crits are nowhere near as valuable.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

So I made 5 purple 55 command augments by accident (meant to make resolve ones) and I RE'd all but 1 and then I threw it on the GTN for 75k. I go off to do whatever it is that I do and come back an hour or so later to find out it sold.

Who stacks presence??? Why in the world would anyone want that over their main stat or power or some sort of defense if they are a tank?

I'm sure that guy has the toughest companion around

Free games updated 3/4/21

They changed the patchnotes?

It definitely said 3/6 when I read those 2.3 notes a while ago.

And yes, aside from Gromnir's mention, the change is also a slap-in-the-face for new crafters, when previously a crit meant 2 RE's (double the chance for the better version) you're now left with nothing, and crits are nowhere near as valuable.

How is that a slap in the face for new crafters? Instead of getting one re attempt per craft, don't they get three? And with a crit four?

Also re patch notes, I read them all when they come out and I've never seen it say 3/6. I would have reacted if it did, since in the old exotech days (which was what they changed it back to) it was 3/4.

I'm sure that guy has the toughest companion around

Tanno Vik does most of the fighting and killing on behalf of my Commando (because frankly, my commando sucks at it) ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How is that a slap in the face for new crafters? Instead of getting one re attempt per craft, don't they get three? And with a crit four?

RE requires 3 items.

So in the old situation regular was 1 RE, crit was 2 RE.

In the current situation regular is 1 RE, crit is 1 1/3 RE.

^

I noticed a strange bug on Hoth. At first, it took me a while to pinpoint what it was, that was driving me crazy and when I realised it, it was a facepalm moment for being so obvious.

My character is making combustion engine noises when moving around. It would made sense if riding a snow-mobile or a speeder/mount with that engine sound, but... my guy is on foot :lol:

Just for fun, I jumped on a speeder with similar sound and it made sense. Drive around a bit, forwards and backwards, ok. Get off speeder, walk forward and walk backwards, same sounds. It's like the game thinks you are always on a specific type of speeder. Even changing speeder to one with a very different sound set makes no difference, still getting the "combustion engine" sound.

I'm now having visions of my guy running around in the snow, Monty Python style, making funny mount noises (like going 'VROOM! VROOM!' instead of the coconut noises, but still).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

*Sigh*

ex-Gorth ("MacRoth") is now only a handful of xp from reaching level 55. Even doing quests way below my level is bound to push him over the edge eventually, despite giving 6xp each. Still got piles of complimentary xp boosters for everything from space missions to what have you. Maybe I should just hang on to them. Just in case. You never know, there may come some expansion in a galaxy far away that raises the level limit.

Biggest problem when playing at the moment is the 25 item limit in my quest log. Can't even queue for pvp even if I had wanted to, nor flashpoints. I find myself abandoning more and more and then just hope I remember to go back and visit places, picking up the non-repeatable ones eventually.

One of my original complaints with the game was how fast you level up. I realize that's probably a non issue for most people and I understand that they didn't want to make it grindy but I'm hardly ever in the level range for the planet I'm on and I don't run many FPs, warzones, or space missions

Free games updated 3/4/21

One of my original complaints with the game was how fast you level up. I realize that's probably a non issue for most people and I understand that they didn't want to make it grindy but I'm hardly ever in the level range for the planet I'm on and I don't run many FPs, warzones, or space missions

Yeah, ridiculous amounts of xp in this game. I've whinged in these threads in the past when they do the double xp stuff, meaning I go play something else in the meantime.

I suspect the game was designed around class missions and they in themselves provides plenty of xp to keep you at a level appropriate for story progression. It's just that everything else also gives xp. It would have been nicer if flashpoints, heroics, space missions, warzones etc. just provided "stuff" (vanity armour, pets, dyes, fancy coloured lasers for your starship, whatever).

Us prefs get less XP ;). And I like it as completionist, no more super-overleveling.

Anyway, the recent patches did away with a LOT of sub benefits. Fleet passes? Check. Quick travel (the only thing I envied subs for), check. PvP? Coming with 2.4. So the question remains, what is a subscription good for if they keep dressing it down like this?

Is it what I theorised before that they are going to do away with subscriptions and go full F2P? Or do they listen to much to people who claim "f2p is unplayable" in ignorance, forgetting they screw over their paying costumers. I don't know. I'm not complaining (as sub), but I am wondering what tactic BioWare is trying here, and what the future will hold...

For now;

Hey, look! It's Peragus!

^

So it's probably just space PvP.

If they turned space into an actual simulation type game instead of just a minigame, I'd be back on board in a heartbeat.  But I don't see that happening.

I mean how awesome would it be to fly around the solar systems doing quests, mining, and other stuff.

Probably.

But I like the space, a nice diversion. Not a big fan of PvP. But space PvP would be awesome.

If I want more I got Freelancer anyway ;)

Also, they super-obviously stole Peragus design there...

^

I probably couldn't care less about space 'pvp', but a more free form 360 degree open space combat  game would be a welcome addition.

Speaking of space, in space nobody can hear Gorth MacRoth scream :(

I can comfortable complete the first of the heroic space missions now, but I'll be damned if I can hit bulls eye with 4 out of 4 torpedoes on the next. I keep missing at least one of the shots. Unlike the easy missions, these targets are not standing still, so you have to maintain and move the lock (until it flashes) on a moving target while moving your own ship around in circles and dodging obscene amounts of incoming fire. I keep slipping/misfiring at least one every time... *Grrrr!!!*

I started editing my previous post and realised the edit would be much longer than the original post. So, double posting :)

Looks like the upgrade/patch process went south this time. I checked out the swtor forums and it was funny watching the whinging by some people, that they might lose part of day. I was tempted to suggest they should try living in the Apac region and we effectively lose 10% of our subscription to down time in prime hours on average.

Apart from that, some of the updates were quite nice. I once sent a of very expensive stuff to a wrong toon (named spelled almost the same except a single letter). Never saw half a million ingame credits worth of stuff again. Not losing it to simple typos is nice (I checked it and it seems to work when trying names not of your legacy, guild or friend list).

I also noticed that my consular had his ship "re-arranged". After a moment of 'wtf', I checked the map and noticed that the GTN terminal is now located in the same room as the storage bay. Only question is, what took them so long? :p

Not interested in arenas, so haven't tried those.

Noticed a fortnight ago that they fixed the jedi prisoner achievement. Not "essential", but nice to see lesser issues also getting the odd fix. Now if they could just fix the darn Black Sun issue. Seriously, how hard can it be to tally the cannon fodder instead of the strong opponents?

Speaking of which, Alderaan still has its fair share of Ulgos that don't count as Ulgos

Adding new emotions to the cartel market is nice. If they could just fix the legacy unlock so you could use the unlock button. Maybe they don't want more of my money? ;)

---

Gorths convenience wishlist:

Can we have a legacy storage bay yet? Pretty please?

Mod station for star ships? I really hate crafting a container full of mods and then have to fly somewhere to install them (avoiding the fleet like the plague),

Entirely a vanity thing, but interior paint jobs and thematic decorations for some of the ship quarters would be nice. Trophy room anyone?

Gorths essentials wishlist:

Account wide ignore lists. I want all my toons to ignore all toons from another account, down to the last alt.

Queueing for specific warzones. I'm not much for pvp, but I think hutt ball is the main reason I don't play warzones at all anymore.

Speaking of which, more "tiers" would be nice. Not just the two and a half there is (10-29, 30-54 and 55). Bolster is no substitute for having the additional skills you have towards the high end of the tier level range.

Gorths odd stuff wishlist:

How about more "social" activities featuring your companions on your starship?

I would love a sparring/duelling match with Skadge (so I can beat the beejeebus out of him). A game of Pazaak at the table with Mako or a shooting/target practice match with Gaunt.

Gorths convenience wishlist:

Can we have a legacy storage bay yet? Pretty please?

Mod station for star ships? I really hate crafting a container full of mods and then have to fly somewhere to install them (avoiding the fleet like the plague),

Entirely a vanity thing, but interior paint jobs and thematic decorations for some of the ship quarters would be nice. Trophy room anyone?

Gorths essentials wishlist:

Account wide ignore lists. I want all my toons to ignore all toons from another account, down to the last alt.

Queueing for specific warzones. I'm not much for pvp, but I think hutt ball is the main reason I don't play warzones at all anymore.

Speaking of which, more "tiers" would be nice. Not just the two and a half there is (10-29, 30-54 and 55). Bolster is no substitute for having the additional skills you have towards the high end of the tier level range.

Gorths odd stuff wishlist:

How about more "social" activities featuring your companions on your starship?

I would love a sparring/duelling match with Skadge (so I can beat the beejeebus out of him). A game of Pazaak at the table with Mako or a shooting/target practice match with Gaunt.

I agree with most of those. To convenience I'll add:

Cross-legacy autocomplete when sending mail. Right now you get name suggestions from guild and friendlist (and possibly your same-faction characters, not sure all in the guild anyway), but if you send to characters on the other faction, you get no such thing. Problem partially alleviated with the safe mail feature, but with some character names there are a flurry of special characters making them a pain to write (I don't have anything that bad, just one special character in one name that's annoying, but still).

As for not doing hutball, the arenas when they come out will kind of help with that. It won't give you the option to choose what warzones to queue for, but you can queue for arenas only, thus removing hutball from your options (among with the other objective based war zones).

Mod station for star ships? I really hate crafting a container full of mods and then have to fly somewhere to install them (avoiding the fleet like the plague)

I hope you mean augments instead of mods, since you can swap armors/mods/enchancements anywhere by clicking ctrl + right mouse button on gear. Augments need mod station.

And people have been asking for most of the stuff you listed there from the start, especially account wide friend/ignore lists and storage box, but with no luck. I myself had a loooong list of names on ignore, wasn't fun to copy all of them manually to all of my characters.

I hope you mean augments instead of mods, since you can swap armors/mods/enchancements anywhere by clicking ctrl + right mouse button on gear. Augments need mod station.

Really? :huh:

I thought that was for display purposes, so you could quickly check what mods you had on a piece. I'll have to try that (as in actually dragging something in or out of it) :)