SW: The Old Republic Part 5

Yeah, I forgot that and added it in an edit.

Another thing I forgot, if you want to go the crafting route, but don't have slicers, have a look at augmentation kits. They will always be needed and they sell for about 80-100k a piece, and cost roughly 30-50k a piece to make iirc. Less if you can get scavenging mats yourself (much less).

They're a pain to make though. (craft and reverse engineer 10 crap items to craft one).

I have a duo of level 19-20 toons doing nothing but slicing/treasure hunting (a mix of lockboxes, companion gifts for the criticals giving schematics and generally just sticking with the "rich" missions) and then sending the stuff to the "real" crafters. Mainly it's what Hassat mentioned though, keep an eye out for high value items that people try desperately to get rid of, hang on to them for a few months and then sell them. Also bought a few hypercrates over the last 6 months. Didn't get any lizards, but got a shipload of the rare and pricey crystals (hot orange and similar). Tried the last shipment and ended up with almost 3 complete sets of Cassus Fett armour. Sold for ridiculous credits on GTN. I still don't know who Cassus Fett was, but I thank him for allowing me to get some riding lizards.

Good bargains in the past includes dyes (bought pink/purple and purple/pink dyes for less than 5k at one point), bastilas armour, handmaiden (bought a few dozen cuffs and boots for 2-10k on the old Apac server before moving) etc. bought for very cheap and now selling for outrageous prices to people with credits but no access (or no real world money) to get the old crates anymore.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ehh, I'm thinking of getting into this. Is the F2P decent?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Guest Slinky

Yes if you only intend to play the for the story. Hell no if you want to play pvp/flashpoints/operations.

Also some might disagree on me with this, but in my opinion SWTOR's "single player" is quite crap. But check it out, it's free.

Spend $5, get pref, and you even got yourself a better deal than subscribers!

And I agree, TOR is most fun with 2 playing the storyline. If you're alone, too much killing, healing, killing, healing. 2 somewhat counters.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Spend $5, get pref, and you even got yourself a better deal than subscribers!

And I agree, TOR is most fun with 2 playing the storyline. If you're alone, too much killing, healing, killing, healing. 2 somewhat counters.

Yep, the most fun I've had in the game was last year when I ran to a fairly entertaining British guy and we ran most of the planets from hoth onwards. Wish I could get something like that with my imp assassin, I'd love to finish that story.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm always playing the story with Zbyl.

I would have definitely stopped playing Loooooooooooooong ago, not even finishing my first char, if not.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I would say yes. If you just want to have a look at it, that is the way to go. If you want to play it for more than a few days...

Spend $5, get pref

Then this is the way to go.

You get a virtual lot for those $5. Heck, even if it's just buying an expansion for your inventory or an extra crewskill when you reach level 10.

Also takes your default number of creatable characters from 2 to 6, so you try out a few more classes without having to delete your previous creations.

If you then decides it sucks, You've lost the equivalent of a burger meal and some hours of your life.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

We successfully beat the first two bosses on a 16 HM man Terror From Beyond Run. 

You guys use VOIP (Mumble, Ventrilo etc.)?

I suppose I can answer my own question with certainty now. Hard mode 'The Foundry' will do for the HK part. I did start to worry though, after playing all the way through it an no drops with it until final boss fight. Lo and behold, it was sitting on a shelf next to the loot treasure chest, disguising itself like a Korriban lore object.

Well, one more down, single part left on the list. There's probably more to do afterwards, but at least it should be possible to do a hard mode 'False Emperor' next weekend if I time it correctly (busy hours on the server).

I suppose I can answer my own question with certainty now. Hard mode 'The Foundry' will do for the HK part. I did start to worry though, after playing all the way through it an no drops with it until final boss fight. Lo and behold, it was sitting on a shelf next to the loot treasure chest, disguising itself like a Korriban lore object.

Well, one more down, single part left on the list. There's probably more to do afterwards, but at least it should be possible to do a hard mode 'False Emperor' next weekend if I time it correctly (busy hours on the server).

if gorth and companion is in level 53 or 55 gear, then final step is ez. that being said, Gromnir were surprised that the final h2 is a wee bit tougher than were the initial h2.

this all reminds o' one o' Gromnir's initial complaints... is probable back on an early page o' this thread. once you get hk, how does you raise affection so that he is actual getting use from that universal +1 craft crit? some small # o' dailies give rep boosts. is annoying that belsavis (not section x belsavis) is the bestest dailies for getting rep boosts for some companions, but even then, is a slow freaking journey from 0-10k rep. you can do some low level fps solo-- a few give companion dialogue rep boosts. *sigh* as we noted in earliest complaints, the game compels you to indulge in gift-giving to raise affection with your companions. in point o' fact, the most mathematical beneficial route to take is to use gifts to get companions all to 8K through grade 1 and 2 gift giving Immediately 'pon acquiring the comp. gift benefit diminishes as you increase affection, but dialogue boosts is constant. it probable costs upwards o' 200k in grade 1 and 2 gifts to get a comp to the 8k mark, and it is stoopid repetitive, but it probable takes less time than 2 solo lowbie black talon runs. 

the makeb quests (not dailies) does have a couple o' extreme high companion rep dialogue payoffs... 

*shrug*

regardless, we thinks paying for gifts to raise affection is stoopid. that being said, if you have the credits and patience, do as Gromnir suggested and boost comps through grade 1 and 2 gifts asap. some toons wont be subject to advancing past point X until you reach planet Y, but regardless, use "cheap" gifts as much as is possible is your best strategy... which is stoopid.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

regardless, we thinks paying for gifts to raise affection is stoopid. that being said, if you have the credits and patience, do as Gromnir suggested and boost comps through grade 1 and 2 gifts asap. some toons wont be subject to advancing past point X until you reach planet Y, but regardless, use "cheap" gifts as much as is possible is your best strategy... which is stoopid.

HA! Good Fun!

:lol:

Agree. That particular game mechanic is a bit silly. Like an emergency "win" button (Dragon Age Origins had it too).

Been doing something similar though *), if nothing else, because I had a humongous stockpile of gifts. Two toons had an entire cargo bay page (or tab or whatever) each full of companion gifts. At one time, I wasn't really sure what crafting material I was going to need, so my crew would craft gifts if nothing else, just to raise their crafting skills. Still got the equivalent of a cargo bay section with gifts of all qualities (green, blue and purple).

While companion affection comes slowly in the beginning, some of the last dialogues gives surprisingly many affection points. The last 2k points does indeed come relatively easy through ship dialogues.

Not sure if my Bounty Hunter is going to max out HK's affection, but if not, hopefully some other toon will eventually. In many ways, my BH is my guinea pig, boldly going where no Gorth has gone before and testing the waters for those toons that follow through the game. Probably made every mistake in the book along the way. Currently in the middle of the Voss story line, so still a bit of way to go (never been to Corellia yet).

*) I noticed that the affection level has brackets where you get more bang for your buck for gift levels. 1-2000 for level 1, 2000-4000 for level 2 gifts etc.

Edit to add:

Without getting too spoilery, after you get the last part, there is some more to do, but not alot. You're getting close to the end.

Good to know. Some of the digging wasn't so bad, but the dark temple area was pretty big and pretty tedious. Didn't really expect him to magically jump out of my pocket, fully reassembled, once getting my hands on the last part ;)

Yay, double post... No idea what the future brings for the smuggler story line, but somebody must have had a blast writing chapter 1. Some of the wittiest dialogue and funniest incidents in the game so far (finished chapter 1 over the weekend).

Kotor reference:

The story about Trask Ulgo, mighty hero of the republic who saved it by fighting off the Sith Lord Darth Bandon in an epic battle on the Endar Spire.. :grin:

Just so happens to be the only "girly" character I play (in an otherwise all male roster). The voice acting was outstanding from the outset on Ord Mantell and made me stick with the character, even if gone into hiatus for a while, leveling up my two "soldier" types (BH and trooper). Put the trooper on the backburner, dusting off some of the "mid level" characters (my smuggler) that had been parked for a while.

Female smuggler was my only character, really, none of the others I tried (granted I only had the free trial month) made it past 15-ish. And I flat out disliked the smuggler gameplay. But the story kept me in it, at least until the end of act one. After that, well, I'll just say I never made it to 50.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Hmm, so the next expansion coming up is not only free, but also "free flight" 12 vs 12 PVP space combat. Consider me at least intrigued.

I wonder if it will support joystick controls. My current Saitek 52 pro stick/throttle is only being used for MS Flight Sim X and Ego Softs "X" games at the moment.

(completely unrelated, but why the &^%^#$ did Microsoft never map the reverse throttle to a key??? It means you can't brake the big planes without switching to the virtual ****pit during landing and start fiddling around with your mouse pointer, pulling the levers into reverse).

I like the space missions as a diversion (although some of the heroic ones are effin challenging). Gives a few extra credits and xp for levelling up toons. Not interested in the current PVP though, as the combat mechanics are just not suited for it, not because I'm adverse to PVP per se. I loved the old Unreal Tournament and the original Delta Force. Sometimes playing 48 hours straight at Lan parties  (just napping a bit when my head hit the keyboard for a few hours, then more coke, coffee and adrenaline and get going again).

The controls and mechanics are going to be the deciding factor whether or not I get to do more than just satisfy my curiosity with the new add-on.

There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!) smile.png

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

Free games updated 3/4/21

There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!) smile.png

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

I really should cancel my sub.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif