Happy Valentines Day

BruceVC

Happy Valentines Day All :w00t:

So has anyone got any Romantic plans for there partner, or do you feel that Valentines days has become far too commercialized and its just about the retailers making money. Do share your plans?

I am in a bit of quandary. My ex-girlfriend works at Hooters and I really feel like visiting her. But if I go to Hooter after work I won't be able to go to gym, I have been to gym 3 times this week so I suppose its not a crisis. I just don't like breaking my routine. And I go to gym at least 4 times a week. If you were me would you go visit her at Hooters or rather leave it till the weekend? Its Valentines day so I am thinking its okay to break my routine?

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So has anyone got any Romantic plans for there partner, or do you feel that Valentines days has become far too commercialized and its just about the retailers making money. Do share your plans?

I am in a bit of quandary. My ex-girlfriend works at Hooters and I really feel like visiting her. But if I go to Hooter after work I won't be able to go to gym, I have been to gym 3 times this week so I suppose its not a crisis. I just don't like breaking my routine. And I go to gym at least 4 times a week. If you were me would you go visit her at Hooters or rather leave it till the weekend? Its Valentines day so I am thinking its okay to break my routine?

Visitng an ex on valentine's? Sounds like a bad idea right there.

Breaking routine is always good. That's what routines are there for.

Food at Hooter's is 'sposed to be good.

Valentine's Day is a silly holliday.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

never really bothered with the valentines thing

just got home from work and my gf has been out all afternoon drinking with her old flatmates

i ordered some pizza because i never got a chance to eat while i was at work, and because i know she'll be drunk when she gets home and want greasy hangover preventing food :p

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Now you're just showing off.

Thats not my intention, I just respect the advice of many people on these forums

Visitng an ex on valentine's? Sounds like a bad idea right there.

Breaking routine is always good. That's what routines are there for.

Food at Hooter's is 'sposed to be good.

Valentine's Day is a silly holliday.

This is what I wanted to hear, some insight. Whether I agree or not. Thanks Melk

This is a serious scandal, good find. I'll be following this story :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

In order for os to properly advice you, it would be prudent to.. see some pictures.. of this ex-girlfriend.. for research! and stuff..

Also happy valentines to those who celebrate that and "a nice thursday!" to the rest.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't think I'd visit an ex in this case either, at least not without calling to say you're coming first. But I don't know what the situation is between you and this ex, so ....

It's just another day for us, as always. We're madly in love but we're not very stereotypical romantic people. Wining and dining, gifts, occasions etc...not our thing. We just cuddle on the couch or toss spitballs at each other on a daily basis, whatever fits our mood.

P.S. Not that I mind the holiday existing or others having fun with it or anything. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Meh, I'm rather ambivalent about the holiday this year. While, on one hand, I'd like to do my normal routine of not doing anything and basically ignoring everything until the candy goes on sale, that's a bit harder to do with the recent separation, it's been about a month but it still hurts, and I'm finding all the hearts and things more than a bit annoying (not that I begrudge people being happy, I'd just wish that it wasn't pushed onto everything). I'll likely end up spending the night in, ignoring the world until the display of hearts and nauseating lovey-stuff has subsided.  Of, course, that would change if she changed her mind and wanted to get back together - but I'm not holding my breath on that, I might ask her if she's still sure in another month or so but, even then, I'm not expecting a good outcome. 

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I have one question running around in my head, hammering against the walls and shouting: Ask Bruce about this! Ask Bruce about this!

So, what about the chef?

:) Good question, she is working on that documentary so I can't see her at the moment as she is too busy

John Milton 

I had a pretty unusual Valentine's Day. There's this woman who I am very interested in, who is in the process of separating from her current boyfriend. Nothing's really happened between us on that level though. Well... I spent the day at her house and whaddyaknow... Spent most of it making out rather passionately with her and only just managed to stop it from progressing even further.

Now I'm both glad and frustrated about what happened (we obviously should've waited until she was "officially" broken up, moved out and so forth).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

A rose for everyone!

@)}---'-,------

However one spent the Valentine's, hope it was a good day, and may your dreams be pleasant. Nighty nite.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had a pretty unusual Valentine's Day. There's this woman who I am very interested in, who is in the process of separating from her current boyfriend. Nothing's really happened between us on that level though. Well... I spent the day at her house and whaddyaknow... Spent most of it making out rather passionately with her and only just managed to stop it from progressing even further.

Now I'm both glad and frustrated about what happened (we obviously should've waited until she was "officially" broken up, moved out and so forth).

You need to write a song about it and upload it to youtube. My personal youtube updates are getting boring ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Thats not my intention, I just respect the advice of many people on these forums

I wasn't being entirely serious... ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wasn't being entirely serious... ;)

Hi Nep :)

How did the move go?

John Milton 

It didn't. Next week. Have a million things to do, instead of the "inform service providers of new address" I have to terminate contracts and make new ones. We have a fairly advanced system in Finland where "official" address info automatically propagates to major companies you're registered with... except in my case, due to my past as a prosecutor all my address data is (in theory) secret, so I have to call everybody personally, then explain why I am calling them etc. A bore.

Did some therapy shopping today, picked up Arkham Horror, so maybe Shub-Niggurath will be my valentine next year (trying to remain on topic here...)

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif