obyknven

I'm holding high hopes for Russia at the moment. They've got tank racing. Tank. Racing. Do you know how long the step to Death Race is from there?

Do something good with all those surplus guns you've been hoarding, instead of selling them to rebels and turdflies all over the world!

They've already got a government so corrupt and the amount of crazy billionaire mobsters that they can go for it. Just let a mobster buy an old complex (Russian government has already sold military bunkers before, so hell, it's not that far off) or something of that sort, big in size though - that's important - and start building a massive prison out of it, build a racetrack on the grounds and get some internet cables pulled there, then mine the hell out of the area surrounding the prison; Voila! Let criminals build monstercars with guns and then have the various criminals duke it out for their freedom while livestreaming to the internet!

Save us from bad reality TV!

Please, Mother Russia, you're my only hope! :(

I suggested tank racing in 2004. On this forum, iirc. Like a biathlon.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hear you but in many cases the world can't leave countries to decide there social responsibilities. They need influence and pressure to change.

Agreed, for example there's an influence and pressure that all women should cover their faces and Piglet is an offensive character and should be banned. Or pressure that people should believe in the right god. We have social responsibilities to teach those uneducated masses how to live! It is insulting to assume they can decide for themselves how to live in their countries. Next thing they say is that oil deposits belong to them alone. Ridiculous!

In South Africa do you think Apartheid would have ended if it wasn't for sanctions and the fact that the Western world refused to accept discrimination?

And just look how happy and prosperous Africa now.

MzpydUh.gif

I hear you but in many cases the world can't leave countries to decide there social responsibilities. They need influence and pressure to change.

Agreed, for example there's an influence and pressure that all women should cover their faces and Piglet is an offensive character and should be banned. Or pressure that people should believe in the right god. We have social responsibilities to teach those uneducated masses how to live! It is insulting to assume they can decide for themselves how to live in their countries. Next thing they say is that oil deposits belong to them alone. Ridiculous!

In South Africa do you think Apartheid would have ended if it wasn't for sanctions and the fact that the Western world refused to accept discrimination?

And just look how happy and prosperous Africa now.

It doesn't seem like you taking this topic seriously?

Also I am not talking about the whole of the African continent and its current  economic prosperity, I agree there is loads of work to be done. I am talking about how Apartheid ended in South Africa and the external pressure that was put on the South African government that forced them to change the political system

My point is that if you want certain countries to change there social views you can't rely on them to "do the right thing"

Without external influence you won't see the right steps to a society that doesn't discriminate against certain groups. This discussion is about equality and how we get countries to accept that.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Also I am not talking about the whole of the African continent and its current  economic prosperity, I agree there is loads of work to be done. I am talking about how Apartheid ended in South Africa and the external pressure that was put on the South African government that forced them to change the political system

If you are taking something written on internet forums seriously, then you are having a mental problems.

SA's post-apartheid fate is a great example of consequences of external pressure. Free shantytowns for everyone! Shaman medicine is not that free but at least it's everywhere.

My point is that if you want certain countries to change there social views you can't rely on them to "do the right thing"

Maybe it's because nobody asks them if they like your "right thing"?

Without external influence you won't see the right steps to a society that doesn't discriminate against certain groups. This discussion is about equality and how we get countries to accept that.

What makes you think they are right? Great Britain waged war because they thought smoking opium is the right step for China. Monarchies waged wars to restore deposed monarchs.

If you want other to change because you can force them to do so - you are welcome, might makes right. But pretty please, don't colour your intentions with "morality", "right things" and other moralistic stuff.

MzpydUh.gif

If you are taking something written on internet forums seriously, then you are having a mental problems.

SA's post-apartheid fate is a great example of consequences of external pressure. Free shantytowns for everyone! Shaman medicine is not that free but at least it's everywhere.

Maybe it's because nobody asks them if they like your "right thing"?

What makes you think they are right? Great Britain waged war because they thought smoking opium is the right step for China. Monarchies waged wars to restore deposed monarchs.

If you want other to change because you can force them to do so - you are welcome, might makes right. But pretty please, don't colour your intentions with "morality", "right things" and other moralistic stuff.

Yes I take every discussion seriously, I wouldn't waste my time responding if I didn't believe what I posted. I'm sorry you are so bored with your life that you make comments and engage in debate that you don't take seriously ( of course this is not true because you do make some relevant but incorrect points so its obvious you do think about what you say or believe, I hope you can see the contradiction when you make a comment like " people that take discussions  seriously on forums must be mental" because this applies to you :) )

Your view of the current state of South Africa and its problems is incorrect, but that's a discussion we can have another time.

Almost every time I have this debate with people around equality throughout the world they make similar points to you. They typically

• Quote how the West historically use to behave. Colonialism and how belligerent Western countries use to be comes up.  But we are not talking about the past. We are talking about the current state of equality in countries like Russia. Western countries believe in equality and practice it nowadays. This is not whats best for them but what is best for there citizens as they like to be inclusive of all groups of people in there respective countries that pay taxes and contribute towards the growth of the country. Western countries also take seriously the principles of Human rights which are part of most constitutions

We need to keep what is happening in Russia simple, do you personally feel that a gay person should have less social rights than a straight person. And if you do can you explain why?

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes I take every discussion seriously, I wouldn't waste my time responding if I didn't believe what I posted. I'm sorry you are so bored with your life that you make comments and engage in debate that you don't take seriously ( of course this is not true because you do make some relevant but incorrect points so its obvious you do think about what you say or believe, I hope you can see the contradiction when you make a comment like " people that take discussions  seriously on forums must be mental" because this applies to you :) )

You mistake having fun with "it is very important, someone is wrong on the Internet"

Your view of the current state of South Africa and its problems is incorrect, but that's a discussion we can have another time.

Almost every time I have this debate with people around equality throughout the world they make similar points to you. They typically

• Quote how the West historically use to behave. Colonialism and how belligerent Western countries use to be comes up.  But we are not talking about the past. We are talking about the current state of equality in countries like Russia. Western countries believe in equality and practice it nowadays. This is not whats best for them but what is best for there citizens as they like to be inclusive of all groups of people in there respective countries that pay taxes and contribute towards the growth of the country. Western countries also take seriously the principles of Human rights which are part of most constitutions

Colonialism is bad? Lol? Colonialism is normal and healthy. Strong eats the weak.

Again, what makes you think it is best for the citizens? From videos it is definetely the opposite - police standing around groups of gays, protecting them from being lynched by the citizens. Human Rights is no different from "Kissing Hank's Ass".People live as they want in their countries. If you are Angola or iceland, then you could be pressured into anything. If you are USA, Russia or China, then you spit on all "pressure" and do as you want. I would have a good belly laugh if some country would demand USA to dismantle their mexican border fence, or Israel to open border with Palestine, "becuz freedum fur peepolz". 

We need to keep what is happening in Russia simple, do you personally feel that a gay person should have less social rights than a straight person. And if you do can you explain why?

We discussed it before and mods closed the topic. Go search it in your content.

Edited by Cultist

MzpydUh.gif

You mistake having fun with "it is very important, someone is wrong on the Internet"

Colonialism is bad? Lol? Colonialism is normal and healthy. Strong eats the weak.

Again, what makes you think it is best for the citizens? From videos it is definetely the opposite - police standing around groups of gays, protecting them from being lynched by the citizens. Human Rights is no different from "Kissing Hank's Ass".People live as they want in their countries. If you are Angola or iceland, then you could be pressured into anything. If you are USA, Russia or China, then you spit on all "pressure" and do as you want. I would have a good belly laugh if some country would demand USA to dismantle their mexican border fence, or Israel to open border with Palestine, "becuz freedum fur peepolz". 

We discussed it before and mods closed the topic. Go search it in your content.

Okay we will have to agree to disagree about the importance and relevance of equality in places like Russia

Also I have had many discussions around topics like gay rights, so if you could provide the links that explain your opinion that would be very helpful

Finally if you feel strongly enough about topics like the USA border facing Mexico and how this could be a human rights issue then start a discussion around this? I'll support you if its a real issue around discrimination

John Milton 

I'm holding high hopes for Russia at the moment. They've got tank racing. Tank. Racing. Do you know how long the step to Death Race is from there?

Do something good with all those surplus guns you've been hoarding, instead of selling them to rebels and turdflies all over the world!

They've already got a government so corrupt and the amount of crazy billionaire mobsters that they can go for it. Just let a mobster buy an old complex (Russian government has already sold military bunkers before, so hell, it's not that far off) or something of that sort, big in size though - that's important - and start building a massive prison out of it, build a racetrack on the grounds and get some internet cables pulled there, then mine the hell out of the area surrounding the prison; Voila! Let criminals build monstercars with guns and then have the various criminals duke it out for their freedom while livestreaming to the internet!

Save us from bad reality TV!

Please, Mother Russia, you're my only hope! :(

Google ANNA Syria. 8)

http://youtu.be/z2_YQKcZRsA

Okay we will have to agree to disagree about the importance and relevance of equality in places like Russia

Also I have had many discussions around topics like gay rights, so if you could provide the links that explain your opinion that would be very helpful

Finally if you feel strongly enough about topics like the USA border facing Mexico and how this could be a human rights issue then start a discussion around this? I'll support you if its a real issue around discrimination

It's how Freedom of Speech in holy democratic US looks like. After this Western oligarchic Republics and medieval Monarchies  try teach us about democracy etc.  :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/ZC3Kw1P6FX0

She has an annoying voice - it was justified.

Also, isn't it a bad idea to have two tanks just idling in a street with no infantry around, with two building adjacent to them ?

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I 100% agree with Bruce on the debate for this page.

If you don't engage seriously in this particular forum then you're sitting wanking in a perfectly good whorehouse.

Taking the stand that because some nation HAS been bad means it will always BE bad, that is the manifesto of abject darkness. It condemns all nations equally, and perpetually.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What's so special about this forum, though ? As for the level of engagement, heh, see the UK Muslim thread ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

She has an annoying voice - it was justified.

In the provided clip, its impossible to say if it was justified or not - there's no context for what happened prior to the police moving in to arrest the woman.

I'm not saying the police didn't overreact - they're prone to with regard to the SOA - but you couldn't really prove it by what was provided in that clip.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I wasn't being serious in it being justified or not on the basis of her voice being annoying, I hope you realize. As you say, what went on before the clip wasn't shown. What is the SOA, by the way ?

Also, isn't it a bad idea to have two tanks just idling in a street with no infantry around, with two building adjacent to them ?

Left building swarmed by Assad troop's,  tanks just move to positions, shot to targets all ammo, after this they retread to base, while other tank unit replace them at position. Assad troops quite experienced now.

Yeah I didn't think you were serious.

SOA = School of Americas.  There was a protest at Ft. Benning Georgia that RT and others were covering, a bunch of people got arrested (and RT wasn't, from memory, the only reporters arrested).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Left building swarmed by Assad troop's,  tanks just move to positions, shot to targets all ammo, after this they retread to base, while other tank unit replace them at position. Assad troops quite experienced now.

And meanwhile, in Daraya, a Syrian T-72 cooks off after a rebel attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxFn7u6Y_RE

And meanwhile, in Daraya, a Syrian T-72 cooks off after a rebel attack

Show is more interesting when both sides can destroy each other. This is RPG-32, nice weapon,  Russians sell them to rebels also, tank have no chances to survive. Cooked jewish tanks from second Lebanon war approve it.

http://youtu.be/ourK4C355G8

P.S. And  this video not meanwhile. It's video from February 2013, Syrian troops fight much better now. 

That is one inappropriate soundtrack.

This is RPG-32, nice weapon,  Russians sell them to rebels also, tank have no chances to survive.

P.S. And  this video not meanwhile. It's video from February 2013, Syrian troops fight much better now. 

1)  Wow, great allies you make.  Selling RPGs to Assad and then turning around and selling them to the Rebels so they can fight Assad.  Priceless.  Russians even backstab their friends.  :cat:

2)  Doesn't look like the Syrian army isn't learning that fast. You want more current?  Try these on for size:

The Sham Falcons Brigade of the Syrian rebels compiled some of the most noteable tank engagements from the year in high quality.   From 4 days ago.

Skip to the 1:20 mark to get past the introduction.

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/antitank-weapons/sham-falcons-brigade-tank-strikes/2769328449001/

Concourse missile system strikes SAA tank in Hama, Syria. Skip to the 40 second mark to see the missile hit the tank. 10/18/2013.

http://www.military.com/video/guided-missiles/antitank-missiles/concourse-missile-unleashed-on-tank/2753429801001/

October 6 Another Syrian Army tank bites the dust .....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=700_1381025725

Syrian rebels attack a Syrian Army tank with an ATGM and completely destroy it.  Sep 24, 2013

http://www.military.com/video/guided-missiles/antitank-missiles/atmg-cooks-syrian-t-72-tank/2688311113001/

Antitank Missile Direct Hit on SAA Tank Sep 06, 2013

http://www.military.com/video/guided-missiles/antitank-missiles/antitank-missile-direct-hit-on-saa-tank/2654418025001/

And you know this exactly how? 

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 2

So I guess we are learning that anti-tank missiles can actually destroy tanks.

This is RPG-32, nice weapon,  Russians sell them to rebels also, tank have no chances to survive.

1)  Wow, great allies you make.  Selling RPGs to Assad and then turning around and selling them to the Rebels so they can fight Assad.  Priceless.  Russians even backstab their friends.  :cat:

Yes, and we'll now get a comment from Fox News Special Correspondent and totally not convicted criminal Ollie North on how the US would never, never in a million years do such a thing themselves. The russians are fairly honest about arming both sides because they know if they don't arm the rebels as well (albeit through intermediaries), someone else will.

Bought/ donated by supporters (Turkey, Qatar, Saudi) for the most part, with a dollop of quid pro quo expected in the event of them winning. That is why there's been some fighting over the (very limited size) oil fields amongst the rebels as they allow more flexible purchases on the open market via bootlegged oil.

The situation is actually pretty similar for the government at this point, I'd fully expect them to be buying entirely on credit with the understanding that Chinese and Russian firms get reconstruction contracts, and getting donations from Iran/ Hezbollah. I very much doubt Assad is getting much at all in the way of taxes or custom duties at this point...