The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Messier-31

If it turns out well I'll assume Nightshape did his work rather than waste time here.

<.<

I have time between compilations.

Shut up and get back to work, you monkey.

(I'm not serious, and actually find the trend of chastizing devs for having free time a little bit troubling.)

Getting back on topic, I'm replaying The Witcher 2. I have to say I'm enjoying the story a lot more this time around, and some of the subtle additions from Enhanced Edition, such as the brief cutscenes narrated by Dandelion, help tie things together and set the mood in a way that the original v1.0 lacked. However, even with all the improvements, combat still feels like an annoying chore I have to get through rather than something I enjoy, itemization feels like it's in a really bad spot compared to the original with simply too many items and don't feel meaningfully different, the dialogue can feel slightly unpolished at times*, and there are points where I wish CDPR took a slightly more naturalistic approach to design quests (they're well designed, but they feel a bit artificial in their branching sometimes).

The branching story is impressive though, no matter what the Codex says about it.

Hopefully the itemization, combat and those little niggling quest design problems will be solved. I'd have been happy if CDPR focused on that, but they jumped at the opportunity to do open-world. I hope that turns out right, but meh, still not seeing how it was a good fit for the series: at most I find myself wishing "maybe this area could have been larger and included a few more optional secret" not "I want to ride to that spot in the horizon!".

* not nearly as bad as TW1's pre-EE dialogue though

Does it have sex cards?

Well, one of the cards seems to be about Zoltan. So I'd think so, since he's the sexiest character in the whole series

Habahaba

(Though seriously, the sex card "quip" is getting so stale now that I'd eye roll till my veins popped if this board game didn't actually have cards. Be creative!)

Edited by Nordicus

As long as it doesn't have dice poker. God, I'd trade for ALL the QTE if it meant I didn't have to sit there rolling and rolling until I got a favourable outcome. Even the horribly laggy armwrestling is an improvement.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

(I'm not serious, and actually find the trend of chastizing devs for having free time a little bit troubling.)

There is a trend for this ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There is a trend for this ?

Sure. This isn't the first time I've seen people complaining about *gasp* devs spending time on Twitter WHEN THEY COULD BE WORKING ON THE GAME, or commenting about stuff like, I don't know, having enjoyed a videogame on social media. Either implicitly or explicitly, the underlying question is always "why didn't you spend that time WORKING?!".

Didn't see anyone actually complaining about such.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've seen such things, but I don't think it was meaned seriously.

Oh well, gotta use those smilies I suppose.

Just seen the latest render/concept art of Eredin Breac Glas and i've just got to say I think it's appropriately terrifying and otherworldy, a nice fantastical change of pace from the generally realistic armour we saw in Assassins of Kings, you can see why the peasantry are rather leery of the hunt. Nice work Nightshape and colleagues.

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/36447-have-you-seen-this-yet/

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Just seen the latest render/concept art of Eredin Breac Glas and i've just got to say I think it's appropriately terrifying and otherworldy, a nice fantastical change of pace from the generally realistic armour we saw in Assassins of Kings, you can see why the peasantry are rather leery of the hunt. Nice work Nightshape and colleagues.

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/36447-have-you-seen-this-yet/

Sweeeeeet, that is cool

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why does he look like Sauron?

Dread lords all shop from the same clothing/armor catalog.  It's convenient, they get discounts depending on how many souls they've enslaved, and they usually get free shipping.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, sometimes it's clearly joking.  Other times it's not.  Most of the time it's in that ambiguous "I'm not sure if they are or not" state.  Stupid writing words on internet!

I actually stopped caring many years ago what people thought - truth is, I'm a human.

• Like 1

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Yeah, sometimes it's clearly joking.  Other times it's not.  Most of the time it's in that ambiguous "I'm not sure if they are or not" state.  Stupid writing words on internet!

I actually stopped caring many years ago what people thought - truth is, I'm a human.

I have seen no evidence of that. :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif