Bicephalous (Two-Headed) Creature Variants:

- ...and so on.

The second head could provide options ranging from extra bite attacks or gaze attacks, to additional spellcasting or taunting, to a better chance to avoid combat flanking.

And if there's multiple heads, we should be able to cut them off :devil:

• Like 1

a monster that looks like sloth from the goonies but with two heads!

Would you have to give it TWO quarts of Rocky Road ice cream to toggle its hostility to neutral? :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

An enormous arthropod snake: basically a large, legless insect with a long segmented body and a toxic stinger tail. It has a similar ecology as the terrestrial snake, but is generally stockier and not quite as stealthy.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Mageripper.jpg

Mageripper Swarm.  Tiny tentacled creatures that hunt down wizards and feed on their magic.

• Like 2

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

Well, a few thoughts:

- Some manner of moving tree creatures, for example stumps. At first glance like any other tree stump, but then it gets up and comes at the player(or tries to sneak on the player, I can only imagine the feel if I'd find myself surrounded by tree stumps because I haven't paid that much attention to what's happening in my characters surroundings)

- Then another tree creature thing-y, an immobile tree, that has roots with what to attack from distance. Could be defensless up close but efficient from "range"

- A two headed ogre(or the sort) would IMO be nice as well, especially if there's an option to have it argue with itself or otherwise take advantage of it's two heads

- A big lizard with an extending and strong tongue(think chameleon hunting an insect, only the insect being replaced by the player and the chameleon being real big)

- As a weak undead type, maybe severed limbs like hands, heads and even feet moving on their own. A hand creeping towards you would be... well creepy, while a head bouncing at you even more so, and a lone feet jumping could prove a slight comedic relief(especially when it starts kicking the player)

- Hostile enviroment creatures, like attacking vines slashing at you from trees, something more of a trap than an actual creature actually

- Possessed animals? Becoming something like a

maybe?
  • Like 2

Dude, I can see my own soul.....

Mageripper Swarm.  Tiny tentacled creatures that hunt down wizards and feed on their magic.

You ripped my Mage! I just bought that Mage! -____-
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Peace Trolls. Mercenary bands capable of hospitality and festivity.

You send them in to lull your foes into a false sense of security and non-danger, then BOOM! The War Trolls leap out of the shrubbery! u_u

• Like 4

Speaking of trolls, how do you guys like your trolls to look? Seems that in most CRPGs, trolls either tend to look like D&D's version (green skin, lanky bodies, high speed & agility) or more like the Lord of the Rings movies (fat ogres). I tend to prefer the later when it's done well. Didn't like Dark Age of Camelot's trolls that looked exactly like Thing from Fantastic Four, but I do like the idea of giving them a sort of earthy affinity.

I really like the LOTR trolls, with their scraps of steel or hide armour.  It gives them a hint of intelligence and "culture" if you can call it that.

Here are some other designs from a quick google search.

640x412_15661_Troll_3d_creature_fantasy_troll_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Scary Troll.

the-troll-hunter-2.jpg

Hairy Troll.

2545767_Troll_620.jpg

Scaly Troll. (LOTR Concept Art).

original.jpg

Thorny Troll.

troll.jpg

And an on-all-fours Troll.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

Speaking of trolls, how do you guys like your trolls to look? Seems that in most CRPGs, trolls either tend to look like D&D's version (green skin, lanky bodies, high speed & agility) or more like the Lord of the Rings movies (fat ogres). I tend to prefer the later when it's done well. Didn't like Dark Age of Camelot's trolls that looked exactly like Thing from Fantastic Four, but I do like the idea of giving them a sort of earthy affinity.

While I like the D&D edition troll, I'm not totally partial to it. When I hear troll, I think ugly and gnarled. I don't need agility, nature affinity, or even green skin. Give me warts, skin that looks thrice baked, and long, crooked noses. As long as they're an ugly sight to behold, I'll be happy.

Being giant doesn't hurt though.

• Like 2

I'm hoping there will be a viable food chain/economy (probably using the wrong word) eco system -man I'm stupid- in PE instead of random monsters infesting everything and you just sit there and wonder why they haven't trampled every city to dust with their pathetic level 1 guards.

Also, proper creatures instead of monsters.

And personally, I'd be happy if not every creature was "combat ready". Succubbus turns into a human, charms someone, then gets found out. No combat, no fancy spells. She runs or dies. I just don't see why players can be combat/stealth/diplomacy boys and enemies can't.

Edited by Oner
  • Like 2