What you did today

Gorth

Some Vet was telling me that she once had a cat brought in that was 27.  But typically cats live around 10-15 years.

Melk I would not feel guilty about the cat that disappeared.  Some cats are just like that, it sounds like she was close to ten years old.  She probably knew something was wrong and preferred to wander off to be alone for her last moments.  It is very common for cats to do that. 

Sorry to hear that Hurlshot, my old cat died a few years ago, she was 20 and had more life than most cats but her death was quite messy, I still miss her now and then :(

My cat is 19, but she isn't doing too well.

Still miss her sister who vanished nearly 10 years ago :/

And sitll feel that nagging guild that I should not have let her out, should have searched more etc

It's hard not to blame yourself when anyone or anything dies, I remember giving my cat some flea drops a few days before she died, she was infested and I figured it was worth the risk but I'll never know for sure...just gotta suck it up and accept that not everything is under your control.

My cat died at 17 due to kindey problems (which is common with inbred animals)

I still miss him. He was the type of cat who would come sit on your lap, let you pet him, then got up, turned his ass in your face, and fart an elephant fart.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

My two cats are still around, I believe the older is getting into double digits. I'm sad that in all likelihood I will no longer be in the same country as them before they die, but hopefully I can see them when I visit for the next few years. 

Speaking of vets. My mother took the cat to the vet and he suggested annual blood cleansing/replacement procedures as preventative measures for kidney failure. His reasoning: many cats develop kidney problems at old age and therefor all blood should be swapped once a year before problems arise... and he should be paid a hefty sum to do so.

My reaction was: Never take the cat to that charlatan again.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

well today was Wellington Anniversary, so I had the day off

however any enjoyment of my 3 day weekend was quickly stifled today when I heard that a friend who'd only just been back in the country a couple of days had fallen off a fire escape and is in intensive care and will be getting her life support shut off

I've been in a bit of a daze all day 

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Thread getting way long. More thread here

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein