Joss Whedon's endorsement of Mitt Romney

JayDGee

He should stick to what he's good at.

Shooting movies and videos? Witty satire? Light comedy without being over the top?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Everyone, Joss Whedon included, is entitled to their opinion. They also have the right to express that opinion. Just irks me sometimes when those in the acting profession, or others like Joss or Bruce Springsteen, who naturally can access a larger audience, have the hubris to believe that their fame endows their political opinions with some extra gravity.

sigsar1.png

Everyone, Joss Whedon included, is entitled to their opinion. They also have the right to express that opinion. Just irks me sometimes when those in the acting profession, or others like Joss or Bruce Springsteen, who naturally can access a larger audience, have the hubris to believe that their fame endows their political opinions with some extra gravity.

Sorry I'm confused. People have the right to express their opinion unless their a celebrity?

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

I think there's a big difference between someone using their fame as a soapbox in a really serious "i'm going to bludgeon you with my morals", and someone who's doing a more humerous take on presenting their views..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sorry I'm confused. People have the right to express their opinion unless their a celebrity?

No he's not saying celebrities can't express a political opinion. He is against celebrities using there fame and status to influence people. A decision to vote shouldn't be decided on what your favorite actor thinks but rather who you believe is the correct candidate, and sadly some people will be influenced by what celebrities think so there vote isn't based on objective opinion.

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Have the hubris to believe" how on earth do you know what Bruce Springsteen believes about what he's allowed to do? This is the utmost stupidity. If you had the resources like they do to help things go the way you want you would use them too, end of story. There is no question of 'hubris' and 'belief'. They have an opinion that they want to convince people of, and they have the resources and following to reach people. End of story. How dare you have the hubris to try and convince me of your opinion on this public soapbox that everyone can read? Ridiculous!

I kinda think actors and musicians and the like should stay out if politics. In my opinion it's a somewhat unsavory way to use whatever goodwill and recognition they have accrued. Better spent doing charity work at least. Wheldon is a director, that's not quite the same. You would expect someone like that to be opinionated.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

And I thought that the Clint Eastwood thing was crazy, did the blonde seem high or something?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Some people get very hard over that whole republican fembot Ann Coulter look.

Honestly, how anyone can think that Coulter is an attractive woman is beyond me.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

And I thought that the Clint Eastwood thing was crazy, did the blonde seem high or something?

"did the blonde seem high" :grin: , thats funny

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"did the blonde seem high" :grin: , thats funny

I've seen more energy in mannequins.

John Milton