What you did today

Gorth

One day, my pet Tyrannosauruses will give me world domination... :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Rain today, and I think...mind you, this is just a guess...that it might rain this weekend too.

might-rain.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Rain today, and I think...mind you, this is just a guess...that it might rain this weekend too.

might-rain.jpg

This calls for one of those "meanwhile, in Finland" pictures. We have the snowstorm of the decade or something going on. And, obviously, I'm at work like everybody else.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Meanwhile, down under 8)

32+ and blue skies over the weekend. Better check the air-conditioning (rubbing it in)

Edit: That's approx. 90F for our North American friends.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's so tough living in Southern California... hahaha Sorry, it *is* sprinkling down here.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

http://www.weather.com/weather/right-now/Ames+IA+50014

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Ames+IA+50014:4:US

Before you get all "Aww it's not that bad" A) It's Fahrenheit muthaforker! and B) look at the wind speeds.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Highest waves in recorded history on the gulf of Finland... so obviously, someone has a stroke on a cruise ship and the coast guard chopper has to evacuate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU9aXQ-hdR8

Doesn't look all that dramatic. It's kind of like Finnish chase videos. Cops are cool like smoke off dry ice. Makes for ****ty tv.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm definitely glad I don't live in snowstorm territory. :p I like the rain, even if it does create a giant puddle in our garage sometimes. My litter-boxed challenged cat Mr. Grey, however, hasn't been too happy about it, since he was banished outside early this year. All huddled in his small outdoor hut - it makes me feel so terrible. ;(

...but not terrible enough to bring him inside to pee all over my floors/walls again. Still, need to build him a small partially covered area that isn't just for sleeping. There's not much covered area in our yard.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, it's actually gotten to be a bit rainy here. I passed a crazy accident in the canyon involving several cars, a couple of them crunched pretty bad, and a firehydrant that was knocked out of the ground. Police, Fire, and ambulences. I hope nobody died.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Speaking of traffic fatalities, every day on my way to work I drive under an electronic highway sign that changes from travel times to various exits, to reminders not to text and drive, to a current total of traffic deaths on Illinois roadways. Thats right, we have semi-real time traffic fatality updates. Wtf...

Were currently at 853 if anyone was wondering.

Bad weather so often ends up with more frequent automobile accidents. :/

...be safe people.

This evening: sparkling cider (don't like alcohol, but I love sparkling cider), a good meal, a movie, a comfy loveseat, and a spouse to share it with. That is all. :wub:

Morning: Gym session with friend. Did many many overhead presses

Lunch: Had some tasty Shanghai style dumplings

Afternoon: Worked and studied some

Dinner: Korean food

Evening: Resisted invitation to go drinking. Spent a nice evening drinking tea and watching some TV.

Soon: sleepy time.

Overall: Good Day.

Made an account here to hang around with the guy above me; after some butthurt idiots got him banned on another site of no importance. :devil:

hell yeah homie. +brosfistsurface+ tbh (':

Welcome, its good to see loyalty amongst forum friends :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And then my body decided to reject my meal for the day

yay for painful belly because of very hard ab usage

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There is either a huge gunfight going on downtown or some kind of explosion effect. Horizon flashes (can see them from backyard), fireworks sounding rapid booms, a few sirens. :ninja:

I've spent the last hour and a half shoveling the snow pile so I could finish doing the driveway. After a ten hour work day, it's quite the chore.

I guess it's karma for living in a condo for more than a decade and not having to shovel at all.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.