I had some problems with payment but I've managed to solve it (forgot about my credit card limits).

I'm curious how much money you will get from the amount declared by backers on Kickstarter. Hope it will be 100%.

From what I've heard Amazon or PayPal takes 5%, so that's for everyone, and KickStarter takes 5%, but that's justified considering what they do, and they do a pretty good job. If a small company had to host that many hits like at the end of a $4m KickStarter there would be problems.

Actually I meant how many backers will really pay what they declared. It will be a disappointment if some people will change their mind or has some paying problems which they can't solve within 14 days.

Any word on whether the extra $100k+ over the $4mil buys another level in Old Nua's?

Saw this idea batted around during the last day of the KS, and I think Feargus liked the idea but wouldn't commit at the time.

As for the physical option, we're not quite sure yet. We'll have to work that out still unfortunately (but we'll try to provide the same flexibility if we can.)

If you could set something up with Valve wherein we could use a CD product key from our physical copy to activate the game on Steam (a la Fallout: New Vegas - without making it a strict requirement) that would be fantastic. I backed at the $140 tier, and I am planning to give my digital copy to a close friend of mine who is currently serving in Afghanistan, but I generally prefer to launch my games through Steam, so if I was given the choice to also activate my physical copy on Steam, I'd like that.

Granted, I'm going to love the game regardless of how I launch it.

Any word on whether the extra $100k+ over the $4mil buys another level in Old Nua's?

Saw this idea batted around during the last day of the KS, and I think Feargus liked the idea but wouldn't commit at the time.

I think we have enough already

polish polish polish

and more Jim Cummings.

• Like 3

. I would rather not use Steam for my physical copy but I know there are many people out there that would.

Yeah, this is my wish as well.

I would rather not have to use Steam for the physical copy.

My digital copy is going on a different computer that has Steam (mostly played by my roomie), but my computer is Steam free.

TheCoffeeGod.jpg

My first post here. I put in $20 for shipping with my pledge, and I live in Canada. Now I see that there might be something about international shipping that needs adjusting? Does shipping to Canada fall in to the $20 safe category, or will there need to be more?

I see your Jim Cummings, and raise you David Warner. I want to hear the sweet, evil voice of Jon Irenicus once again.

Sure, but I think the re-use of Jim Cummings would be almost a given. The re-use of David Warner is highly unlikely.

I see your Jim Cummings, and raise you David Warner. I want to hear the sweet, evil voice of Jon Irenicus once again.

Sure, but I think the re-use of Jim Cummings would be almost a given. The re-use of David Warner is highly unlikely.

What about Cam Clarke? He voiced so many people in Baldur's gate (including almost all the of the PC male voice options) I just can't Imagine an IE style game without his amazing voice being in it.

"Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves."

"Simon! Let's see you grit those teeth!"

What about Cam Clarke? He voiced so many people in Baldur's gate (including almost all the of the PC male voice options) I just can't Imagine an IE style game without his amazing voice being in it.

As long as he doesn't use the Leonardo voice again. I've heard it far too much.

Raphael Sbarge is another one who uses the same voice over and over. And it's a voice I don't like too!

Edited by Sensuki

How'd we do

Most excellently, imo. Campaign well done...to quote Farmer Hoggett ... "That'll do."

Now I am left to tap my fingers in impatience over some long, long months.... ;)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Note that Steam just had a serious potential exploit announced. I hope they publish a fix very soon or that thing is gone from my system.

Do you use Safari?

Firefox. I no longer have a Mac.

I think what he's trying to tell you is :

Basically through the steam:// URL , completely unexpected, programs console parameters that were never meant to be exposed to the internet are just that. Of course you can make all kinds of cool stuff with that. But:

Browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox display an alert when steam:// URLs are called; only Safari passes them on without any warning. In their "Steam Browser Protocol Insecurity" report, the researchers also discuss ways of bypassing these alerts or at least hiding "the dodgy part of the URL".
from here: http://www.h-online....sk-1731562.html

So I'm not sure if they can even bypass the warning. But I guess you can safely assume that such a popup on any website is likely malicious. But if someone manipulated a site you actually trust, then you got a problem. You could disable the steam:// URL protocol, but that might brick steam.

Also, awesome, lots and lots of money for the game, congrats. And in the spirit of the stream: Woohooo

Edited by flami

OMG....15 levels.... :aiee: :aiee: :aiee:

I was thinking it might happen but didn't quite allow myself to believe it really would since I thought the chances were slim....and it was very close too. Came right down to the wire...but it happened, 15th level is a reality and this makes me very happy!!

If I remember correctly in a Q&A session someone at obsidian did say 15 was the goal(this was way back when the dungeon had like less than 6 levels and nobody thought it would reach 10....like a week ago lol).

Aside from that I am also glad to do a happy dance for the confirmation that the 4 mil goal was achieved.... :aiee: :aiee: :aiee:

And I am happy to be able to say I got confirmation from both Kckstarter and Amazon that my payment was processed without issues.

• Like 1

1zq6793.jpg

If I remember correctly in a Q&A session someone at obsidian did say 15 was the goal(this was way back when the dungeon had like less than 6 levels and nobody thought it would reach 10....like a week ago lol).

Man it is hard to believe those distant, dark, and barbarous times were just a week ago.

• Like 3

Man it is hard to believe those distant, dark, and barbarous times were just a week ago.

lol I know, right...I knew a spike in backers and funds was coming at the end but I never expected such an increase. Hell at one point I thought that hoping for an 11th level may be a bit too optimistic.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

OMG....15 levels.... :aiee: :aiee: :aiee:

I was thinking it might happen but didn't quite allow myself to believe it really would since I thought the chances were slim....and it was very close too. Came right down to the wire...but it happened, 15th level is a reality and this makes me very happy!!

Aside from that I am also glad to do a happy dance for the confirmation that the 4 mil goal was achieved.... :aiee: :aiee: :aiee:

And I am happy to be able to say I got confirmation from both Kckstarter and Amazon that my payment was processed without issues.

I know. It's pretty insane, right? 15 levels :w00t::yes:

Thanks for the official update and total $ and backer count. 15 levels is going to be a whole friggin game by itself. Can't wait!

Well I remember a rather popular old hack and slash RPG that had 16 levels.

PE might still get a 16th level but that depends on facebook now so if you haven't done so already it's time to get all your acquaintances to start liking Obsidian's facebook page.

1zq6793.jpg

That dungeon is gonna be DOOZIE!

Yeah that dungeon is going to be amazing. Heck I would be interested in this game if it was nothing but a 15 level dungeon. Instead we get two huge cities and a game world...plus that dungeon. That is crazy.