The new Companion, give your feedback and let your voice be heard

I would go with a tragic character with a dry humor, he would be a suicide who had his soul forced back into his body against his will. So now he walks around reanimated and unable to truly die or be released. Class I am not sure about, could be a bard so he is charismatic and likeable.

Really what I want is a dog companion, but unfortunately it has to be a playable race/class.

So long as the character is not boring, the class and race are not important!

• Like 1

I would go with a tragic character with a dry humor, he would be a suicide who had his soul forced back into his body against his will. So now he walks around reanimated and unable to truly die or be released. Class I am not sure about, could be a bard so he is charismatic and likeable.

Or we could just have The Nameless One as a companion! :p I kid, I kid, but I do hope that they try to do new things with the companions as opposed to just, "This is the guy who's like Morte", "This is the guy who's like Minsc", etc. Of course, it's Obsidian. I trust them. :)

I would love to see a companion that you're never actually sure if he/she/it is really your ally. Perhaps something similar to Kreia would be interesting to see done.

~I am Torgo, Innkeeper of the Obsidian Order, I take care of the place while the Masters are away.~

Viconia AND Keldorn.

Or rather, companions that'll let you explore themes of prejudice within your own party. Only where you can jump in when one of them's being a jerk, unlike just sitting there while your people murdered each other in the BGs.

I would only like this if I could also be a "jerk".

Because seriously. Screw elves.

t50aJUd.jpg

Oh, I assumed the idea was influenced by Planescape: Torment (http://en.wikipedia....escape:_torment). Carry on, then. :)

No, I have no idea what you are refering to.

But if something similar is in that game, perhaps I should come up with something else I would like to see. :)

Well the main character (The Nameless One) is immortal, so that's why I was thinking of it. You shoud totally play it, though. Generally considered one of, if not the best, story in any game ever. Plus it was worked on by a bunch of the Obsidian guys.

• Like 1

A sentient elk or moose.

We would upgrade it's weapons by changing it's horns, similar to how you changed the teeth of Morte in Planescape: Torment. You would equip it by tattooing it with permanent tattoos on the skin and paint it's fur. Possible "jewellery" includes a nose ring, exclusive dental braces, and "elkshoes" for the cloven hoofs.

Class-wise, it would be akin to a Paladin/Ranger multiclass.

[...]

The special new class could be an Obsidian Knight.

I know it is a bit off-topic, but damn, we definitely need a Knight-class, with a wide range of different orders available, which could also influence where you start, or whether you're part of a certain (major or minor) faction from the beginning. Obviously, Obsidian Knight would be a Knight that is part of the Obsidian Order. Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

I'd like to see something more uncommon.

If the companion is not of one of the "standard" races, then how about a being with a more alien mindset or at least vastly different social/cultural norms.

Like a race of humanoid praying mantises that just don't get some of the emotions humanoids feel...

If that's too outlandish then I'd go for some kind of fanatic/extremist.

A good example for what I have in mind would be Vhailor.

I would like to see a grumpy old man/woman.

I think Anachronox had a really good example of what I want in Grumpos Matavastros.

Note [spoiler for Anachronox below]

he/she doesn't have to turn into the bad guy at the end

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

A sentient elk or moose.

We would upgrade it's weapons by changing it's horns, similar to how you changed the teeth of Morte in Planescape: Torment. You would equip it by tattooing it with permanent tattoos on the skin and paint it's fur. Possible "jewellery" includes a nose ring, exclusive dental braces, and "elkshoes" for the cloven hoofs.

Class-wise, it would be akin to a Paladin/Ranger multiclass.

[...]

The special new class could be an Obsidian Knight.

I know it is a bit off-topic, but damn, we definitely need a Knight-class, with a wide range of different orders available, which could also influence where you start, or whether you're part of a certain (major or minor) faction from the beginning. Obviously, Obsidian Knight would be a Knight that is part of the Obsidian Order.

That's a cool idea. Kind of like what D&D has with Paladins and Clerics (sometimes), but with orders instead of religions. Me like. :D

• Like 1

I want to see an intelligent, short, average looking, pale, magic using woman with long black hair in very conservative dress that has a serious deadpan 'Bored Now' approach to conversation who sarcastic remarks that are annoyingly insightful about everything you do. She will always find something wrong no matter your decisions, but always support your freedom to make the decision, her real intent being to make your realize the long term consequences of action and how they can be wholly different from the initially intended results. A young Kreia, in some ways, but less about manipulation and with much less experience to draw from. Where Kreia would have spoke with a bosessed surety, this character would speak with a gentle resignation that life cannot be controlled, that the harder you squeeze the greater the eventual backlash (regardless of up front success), no matter which way of thinking you lean toward.

As a character she'd act as a grounding device, of sorts, we're she pulls the party back down to earth, so to speak, when they get too full of themselves or they have a success, again, no matter which way they lean in terms of their intent be it aggresive and violent or kind and gentle or harsh and justified. Rather than a mentor, though, she'd be more of a student considering herself learning from the 'chaos of the world' and 'repeating what it's taught her'. She's the reminder that the man you just saved may, in fact, not pass the kind act on. That the hobo you gave money to may just beg for more money again despite being given plenty because he wants a free ride. And so on.

An observer, the observant.

Statistically she'd be geared toward those that support magic and of types of magic she'd be less about offense or defense and more about change. The transmutation sort of character delighted with actions, reactions, consequences and change.

In speech she'd be polite, but honest, even when people wouldn't want her to be. She's have a clear respectful tone, but despite that could get on people's nerves because, while invariably polite and respectful in 'how' she talks, the actual content, even when put politely, could be of the brand that would annoy, infuriate and so on. Whether she's aware that the things she says may offend people, no, she's honest and honestly thinks the things she says but looks to much at the large long term picture and has trouble seeing the immediate people and their feelings in front of her.

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"