Judge Hades Character

I really wanted to put in a full $1k, but I didn't think cancelling a family vacation to cover the cost would go over well with my family. That being said, if I did have the money to drop, I would create a character based on Visceris/Hades. I do hope he gets a little something special in this game, he was a big fan with a big heart and I know he'd be going nuts over this news :)

• Like 15

Thought had crossed my mind, as well. Wonder if we can't do it somehow.

Maybe he could be found wandering the countryside in obsessive fear of canines, sending the player off on a quest to defeat the terrible wolf that turns out to have 4 health and half a tooth.

• Like 5

That's a great thought/idea. A small quest npc would be perfect, but even the small shrine idea, or some other naming thing, would be something.

I couldn't quite justify going up to $1000 myself, either (yet), to do it that way, alas.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Visceris, 6 foot Rabbit, Hades. I know I'm missing a few of his other handles. Assuming this could happen, which would it be?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Visceris, 6 foot Rabbit, Hades. I know I'm missing a few of his other handles. Assuming this could happen, which would it be?

I'd go with simply "Visceris," personally. Probably his least-derivative handle, and the first one I that I clearly identified with his distinctive personality. IMO, the "item" perk is a little more attractive for this purpose than the "character" perk. It'd be a little weird to see him up and walking around as some character, but it'd feel absolutely appropriate to find, say, the "Helm of Visceris" in some forgotten ancient stronghold. (In whatever the Eternity-world equivalent of Iowa is.)

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

but it'd feel absolutely appropriate to find, say, the "Helm of Visceris" in some forgotten ancient stronghold. (In whatever the Eternity-world equivalent of Iowa is.)

FTW right there.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm brand new here, so I have no clue who we're talking about or what happened to him (though I'd assume it's not a happy story), but as long as it's a cause worth supporting, I'll gladly chip in some money to get him an item or NPC named in his honor.

I haven't earned an entertaining and meaningful signature yet. But I will. Oh yes, I will indeed.

Short version: Visceris was an eclectic, but fundamentally nice, guy who hung out in the Obsidian forums, and before that, the Black Isle forums - about a decade, really. He was telling us in his last years about his determination to change his life for the better, and seemed to be working hard to take those steps, but his health struck him down with an untimely death. He was a staple that pretty much any BIS/Obs forumer at the period knew, and it would be nice to commemorate him in some small way.

If we can't do anything else due to $, I'll make my Kickstarter pledge in his name - that is, I'll ask Obsidian to put Visceris in the credits instead of mine.

• Like 8

I signed up when New Vegas was announced so I never got to know him in the glory days, even so I remember him as a guy brave enough to ask for help at his lowest point, it struck a chord in me, it's a shame things couldn't have turned out better, it certainly would be nice to get something in there for him.

Maybe have a quest that revolves around him and several other long time forumites? Have it start at a bar where people are telling tales and maybe a bar fight... and end up sending the player on a quest to visit the grave and do something special.

(In whatever the Eternity-world equivalent of Iowa is.)
If you really want to get the feeling of where he lived... it's a college town surrounded entirely by cornfields. Make it a magic school in the middle of the standard fantasy farm? And have the final boss be a werewolf that you kill with a portcullis? Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Short version: Visceris was an eclectic, but fundamentally nice, guy who hung out in the Obsidian forums, and before that, the Black Isle forums - about a decade, really. He was telling us in his last years about his determination to change his life for the better, and seemed to be working hard to take those steps, but his health struck him down with an untimely death. He was a staple that pretty much any BIS/Obs forumer at the period knew, and it would be nice to commemorate him in some small way.

If we can't do anything else due to $, I'll make my Kickstarter pledge in his name - that is, I'll ask Obsidian to put Visceris in the credits instead of mine.

Hmm. Perhaps some people should join forces-like?

Never knew the guy, but I'd be down for joining in on some manner of let's-get-a-thousand-bucks-together-and-make-this-character scheme.

jcod0.png

Actually, that's exactly how it would work. E.g. Codex raised a few thousand dollars internally for a Wasteland 2 location; NeoGAF and GameBanshee are doing the same for Eternity.

I didn't realise how many people might contribute, but we could give it a try, an Obsidian Forum drive. It wouldn't necessarily have to be all about Hades, though definitely featuring him in some form.

An optimal thing would probably be to find someone who can afford something south of a $1,000 donation, someone who wouldn't be ruined or go hungry. Assuming regulars could chip in $10 at least you could probably get about half of that reimbursed. It's definitely possible, it just depends on the will of the forum.

I'd be willing to throw in $40 or so on top of my personal pledge, for old times' sake.

Edited by Pop

Maybe he could be found wandering the countryside in obsessive fear of canines, sending the player off on a quest to defeat the terrible wolf that turns out to have 4 health and half a tooth.

Oh, and when the player has completed the quest and comes back for reward Hades has changed his name to Sand and claims he doesn't know the player.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So much yes.

You should just make the NPC a Six foot tall Rabbit to boot.

Edited by alanschu