STEAM!

Gorth

I see that Defiance is super cheap in the Steam Sale right now.

Check my post above and try the free trial first. Why spend money when you can test for free ;) Apparently its still on sale on Steam for 22 horus.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've grabbed Blood Dragon, Super Scribblenauts, Brave New World, and 400 Days (not on sale).

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This sale has been really yawn inducing for me so far.  Hopefully some of the stuff I want comes up in the next few days.  Come on La Mulana at 75% off.  You know you want to do it, GabeN, you know you do.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Í'm broke and I was really looking forward to getting Left 4 Dead 2 for cheap.

Damn.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'vr been waiting for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and call of pripryat to go on sale. $20 for a PC game that old is pretty crazy.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Cave was 75% off yesterday. You're supposed be able to boot straight from the exe so I was going to pick it up for that reason, but PayPal wouldn't let me use my account when I tried.

Or Sega could release it (and a bunch of their other games for that matter) on DRM-free platforms, and I'll be happy.

$3.75 in $M makes up for the $P for me for the only game I kinda want on there.

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/LarsDoucet/20120222/91144/Piracy_and_the_four_currencies.php

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Labadal just cast summon L4D2 into my inbox.

Give it up for the man. On three:

Cheering.gif

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well that's fun. I decide Far Cry 3 is tempting at that sale price and pick it up, get it downloaded, and think that I have enough time to give it a brief play before I call it a night.

Then for the "first time run" it spends 15 minutes dowloading and installing stuff, including uplay. Then when it starts up uplay, it then spends another 10 minutes dowloading updates for uplay. I finally get into the game, 5 minutes in and it crashes out. I try running it again, and it immediately crashes. >_<

I think I'm going to call it quits for now and see what it's looking like in the morning.

Still a wee bit annoyed you have to be running both steam and uplay at the same time to get the damn thing to work.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Gave in and got Sleeping Dogs. Friends want to play Vegas 2 so I have to defile myself and give Ubisoft my money too. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Cave was 75% off yesterday. You're supposed be able to boot straight from the exe so I was going to pick it up for that reason, but PayPal wouldn't let me use my account when I tried.

Or Sega could release it (and a bunch of their other games for that matter) on DRM-free platforms, and I'll be happy.

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/LarsDoucet/20120222/91144/Piracy_and_the_four_currencies.php

You didn't miss out on anything :(

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Well that's fun. I decide Far Cry 3 is tempting at that sale price and pick it up, get it downloaded, and think that I have enough time to give it a brief play before I call it a night.

Then for the "first time run" it spends 15 minutes dowloading and installing stuff, including uplay. Then when it starts up uplay, it then spends another 10 minutes dowloading updates for uplay. I finally get into the game, 5 minutes in and it crashes out. I try running it again, and it immediately crashes. >_<

I think I'm going to call it quits for now and see what it's looking like in the morning.

Still a wee bit annoyed you have to be running both steam and uplay at the same time to get the damn thing to work.

Uplay is why I haven't bought FarCry3 - not because of crashing but I just don't want Uplay. The sale price is a bit tempting tho. :)

...and yes, I looked at Steam today. Couldn't help it. Luckily, nothing interested me. Maybe because I already have more games on my plate than I have time/energy for, heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You didn't miss out on anything :(

That bad, eh?

Maybe I'll watch a bit of a 'let's play' first. I was looking forward to basically another Maniac Mansion game.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

It is a very short game made longer by motivating the players to replay it several times with different combinations of characters and two endings for each character. But half the experience will always be exactly the same, with unskippable monologues. While the cave's narration may be charming or witty the first time round, after you have heard it a couple of times it gets annoying really fast. Not that there is all that much story when it comes down to it. Add to that that the platformer gameplay is rather bad.

Enough people enjoy it and it got a lot of praise from the reviewers. But especially comparing it to previous work, I found it very disappointing. It looks very pretty though.

Then again the two of us have different tastes in games :)

But having to do exactly the same thing just so at the very end I can choose B instead of A doesn't count as replay value for me ;)

**** yes!  Tomb Raider 75% off ($12.49).  Perfect timing too, as I'm about to go for a bike ride and can just let this download while I'm out riding.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tomb Raider and Mars: War Logs, yeeesh. And I grabbed the Hitman bundle because why not.

All I'm waiting on now is Metro: Last Light.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I bought Payday: The Heist on impulse. and it turned out to be a pretty solid game, I'm very pleased with my purchase. 

one problem though, it brought my plastic card below 10 bucks, and then suddenly Borderlands 2 had to go on sale for $10.19, and it's a daily deal, and my bank will be open on monday... and Borderlands 2 was the only game I was waiting to go on sale. FML

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I bought Payday: The Heist on impulse. and it turned out to be a pretty solid game, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

one problem though, it brought my plastic card below 10 bucks, and then suddenly Borderlands 2 had to go on sale for $10.19, and it's a daily deal, and my bank will be open on monday... and Borderlands 2 was the only game I was waiting to go on sale. FML

While I don't even slightly doubt it'll come back again before the sale is through, if it doesn't pan out, or if you just want it earlier, I have a couple copies I can lend or trade. Either to a Gamersgate account if you have one, or I can just PM the Steam code, I think.

Ironically BL2 is one of those games with regional pricing making it uneconomical for me to buy on Steam directly, heh.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G