What you did today

Tale

Cooked salmon with an herb butter.

Learned a few things making the herb butter. Ground thyme is remarkably dense. With the garlic powder, it turns it into an ugly brown-green goop. It is delicious. Rosemary leaves add absolutely nothing.

Should use more butter (not advised) or less thyme. Just cut the rosemary out entirely.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Picked up a bottle of Warre's Quinta da Cavadinha vintage port (1996) and some 12 year old Glenfiddich for the engagement party. Hm, of course now that means I'll probably have to figure out a way to take a proper glass decanter along since I don't think they have one ..

Have a bunch of potentially useful or possibly interesting work related documents to read through as well.

The german shephard has managed to break his front teeth by running/jumping into the stone bird bath in the garden (he was meaning to chase the frisbee and somehow lost direction)..

And I just blissed the cat out by giving him a rather thorough brushing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had a homemade Ruben for lunch. Mmm sauerkraut.

Currently getting ready to mop the floor, which is difficult when a cat keeps following you around trying to give you a hug. Someday I'm going to get a picture/video of this cat doing his hug-the-waist thing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The joys of furniture move-around, and putting a grandfather clock in a new place... and then the dog throws up. So even more joys added to the day....

I hate it when you wake up and you're too weak to open a twist-jar lid of a bottle of juice. And you're really thirsty. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got an echo-cardiogram done, kind of cool to watch your heart beat, see your aortic valve operate and so on. Had to be practice for an intern, she fumbled a bit but eh, gotta learn somehow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A stray dog took a liking to me on the bus stop so I took it home...she seems grateful.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's fed and bathed, on the downside we now found that our other dog that we had for years is a lesbian.

I blame my second mother.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I miss the days when I could pick up stray cats on a semi-regular basis until I had a full horde. This house is too small for that. Not to mention my energy level.

I was tempted to rent Soldiers of Fortune on VoD just to laugh at how bad I expect it to be - not to mention, to see if Sean Bean would end up dead - but I refrained. Still...it's tempting. If I go in expecting it to be laughably bad, maybe I'd find it entertaining. So many good people in it too...makes you wonder how they managed that.

"Takeaway"

Excellent. I'm learning new phrases to use to pretend to be english.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's fed and bathed, on the downside we now found that our other dog that we had for years is a lesbian.

Take it down to the nearest chicken takeaway and get them to lick each other!

:getlost:

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

"Takeaway"

Excellent. I'm learning new phrases to use to pretend to be english.

I am writing a book set in America featuring American characters. I am writing American dialogue, syntax and idioms. It is very, very tough but an interesting exercise.

Of course, I only need to sell a hundred-odd copies in every Wal Mart in the USA, and a few more online, to have enough money to pay off the mortgage. God Bless America!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Got back from the engagement party. The port recieved much congratulations on the choice all round. The cigars took over 2 hours to smoke, and were damn good. One of the groom's family drank about half the bottle of the glenfiddich.

Also, got the official invite to the wedding, which is in Mexico. So now I have till april to ensure I have a passport in good order and sufficient funds for a plane ticket and accomodation. Pointed out to the bride-to-be that I shall need spanish lessons, so I expect her to teach me as well as the groom.

Been on a mini "vacation" in Stockholm, though I'll go back next week also anyways.

Sunday was especially wonderful. Great weather, just spent the day out in the beautiful city, enjoying the sun, eating good food and just taking it easy. Then in the evening we went to the Stockholm Music & Arts festival to watch Bj

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Trying to read through JDP01 for a bit, conduct research on light armored vehicles for some comparison issues on a project, look at some news articles related to a potential work opportunity that an old project could be pushed for if we can talk to the right people..

And for some reason it's being one of those days where my mind's totally not focusing and linking things like I normall do. So it's making the whole thing even more effort to keep juggling.

Had a lot of fun in Hong Kong. Didn't get a lot of sleep, but then who cares. Got to visit the Po Lin monastery at Ngong Ping, did the walk up to the big Buddha statue (I think it was 288 steps or so). In 37 degrees and 80% humidity, you feel a bit hot when getting to the top :sweat:

Got to see sleepy fishing villages, Hong Kong Island and Kow Loons night life. Felt more dead than alive when leaving again.

Did brief stop in Helsinki airport before arriving in Copenhagen. Grey, cloudy and a constant drizzle. Only improvement during the morning was that the drizzle ceased and you could see the surround area. I wonder if the Finns live amongst those pine trees?...

Ended up in Denmark. Got some sleep. Enjoying holidays. So much to do and so few days off.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Had a lot of fun in Hong Kong.

But did you get a good suit? ;)

Nope. Not for lack of trying either... man those hawkers are persistent. I wonder if there isn't a market for a repellent spray :lol:

I must really have stood out like a sore spot, since they seemed to ignore all those that looked "local". Going in a beeline for me, offereing everything from Rolex copies to tailor made suits at absolute bargain prices (I don't think anybody ever mentioned a price). Anyway, shopping wasn't my purpose, much to the frustration of the local hawkers.

It may have been a British territory once, but apart from road signs and public buildings/transportation, Chinese is the dominant language, both verbally and written. In many places outside the cbd, it was a challenge finding English translations or even people who understood English. In four days, I think I counted maybe a grand total of a score "european" looking tourists, the rest I assumed was from mainland China.

The differences between Singapore and Hong Kong were staggering, like elemental order versus elemental chaos.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein