Movies you've seen recently

Tale

Just saw dumb-ass comedy 21 Jump Street. It was actually very funny. Johnny Depp's cameo was cool and Ice Cube just shouts and swears for a change. Channing Tatum is quite happy to send himself up, and pulls of the gag nicely, but FFS Jonah Hill looks double-spooky now he's lost all that weight.

It reminded me of any number of High School comedies with a dollop of Hot Fuzz.

My wife and I enjoyed it too. It really did a great job of lampooning the old TV show.

Oh god, my teen boyfriend at the time, who was into "kungfu movies" made me see that. It's hilarious. So 80's cheese. I have fond memories, but haven't seen it in ages. Still remember that scene tho.

I'm still watching Falling Skies. I think the 2nd season is better than the first, by a little. It's really more a character/survival show, not an alien-action show. And after a while, y'kinda start liking the characters. Especially the son Ben angle. It's still full of plot holes of course.

Breaking Bad final season is soon. I can't wait. Really curious what they come up to close the series.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I agree, though I think Peter should have been less "generic angsty teen", and more "nerd". And it needed more shots of Lizard in his labcoat.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watched Ralph Bakshi's animated Lord of the Rings today, got a cold so I fancied some comfort viewing. Surprisingly I like the film in some ways more than the Peter Jackson ones: The Nazgul are a rather disturbing bunch here, twisted, shadowy and terrifying. John Hurts broken but strong voice just suits Aragorn far more than Mr Mortenssons and Frodo's far less of a coward, more like the brave little fellow in the books.

Samwise's a bit odd though.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I really, really wish Bashki would have done a sequel to that movie. I literally watches that dozens of times as a kid.

Peter Jackson's Balrog was much more impressive, though.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Watched Iron Sky which I found very disappointing, especially after recommendations from friends. Good example of funny ideas not being particularly funny due to lackluster execution. Blonde nazi woman was a knockout though. <3

Also watched Mastermind and How to train your dragon, both of which I liked a lot, especially Mastermind. Sharp script.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I saw Ted in the theatre earlier this week. It wasn't bad, kinda funny in some spots.

And I just sat through Cannibal Holocaust from 1980. Pretty ****ed up, I must say.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I saw Ted in the theatre earlier this week. It wasn't bad, kinda funny in some spots.

And I just sat through Cannibal Holocaust from 1980. Pretty ****ed up, I must say.

I watched Ted and thought it was good for some laughs, but the funniest thing was the old couple next to us that were clearly misinformed about the nature of the film. I can't believe they didn't just walk out, they were aghast the whole time.

Just came back from the last drive in theater in the area. I wanted to take my wife because she had never been and I think she really enjoyed it, more the experience than the actual movies themselves. They were showing Age Ice: Continental Drift, Snow White and the Huntsman, and Prometheus. I enjoyed the first two but not Prometheus, I guess I was just expecting more... or maybe I was just ready to go after sitting through two other movies.

Also, saw the new Spiderman yesterday and I definitely enjoyed it more than the Raimi flicks if only for the fact that he had an actual web shooter

Free games updated 3/4/21

Just came back from the last drive in theater in the area. I wanted to take my wife because she had never been and I think she really enjoyed it, more the experience than the actual movies themselves. They were showing Age Ice: Continental Drift, Snow White and the Huntsman, and Prometheus. I enjoyed the first two but not Prometheus, I guess I was just expecting more... or maybe I was just ready to go after sitting through two other movies.

Also, saw the new Spiderman yesterday and I definitely enjoyed it more than the Raimi flicks if only for the fact that he had an actual web shooter

Snow White and the Huntsman was a lot better than it looked.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Underworld Awakening

Meh. I'd watch a fifth movie, but I wouldn't pay to watch it. There was absolutely no character development to the film. If I just want Vampires and Werewolves fighting, I'd go watch the first one.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Kate Beckinsale confirmed for the new Milla Jojovich, married to director that makes movies just for her.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm looking forward to Total Recall. If only because Bryan Cranston has a role in it.

I watched Superman vs. the Elite the other day. Story wise it was my favorite of all the Supes animated movies, but manoman was I let down with the visuals.

They'll get it right someday, I hope.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I can no longer tell Kate Beckinsale apart from Rhona Mitra.

Mitra always looks angry. That's how I tell them apart.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Savages. Let's see, Kick-Ass, John Carter, Benitio Del Toro and Salma Hayak all together in a movie directed by Oliver Stone. I really wanted this movie to be all kinds of awesome, but it was so totally not.

It would be a decent rental, but I'd stay away from shelling out the big bucks at the theatres. It's okay to meh at best.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif