Movies you've seen recently

Tale

Watched a film called Dead Mans Shoes, directed by a Mr Shane Meadows. It's set in the midlands of england (which is a nice change of pace) and to be honest it trounces many Hollywood revenge movie i've seen, highly recommended.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Just watched the Dark Knight Rising.

Great movie. Only bad part... well... the singing of the kid at the football game.

I can imagine some execs;

"Well, we got people complain about Bane and Batman... What are we going to do about it?"

"Well, we can add some real ear-bleeding voicework in the movie, so people are glad Bane and Bat sound okay"

"Awesome. Hey, what about having Bane say sarcastically "what a great voice" to make it truly obvious it's a FU to the voice-hater"

"Yes. Let's do it!"

without taking into account innocent people like me would suffer too. That's the only part I have to fast-forward or mute when I get the blu-ray though (HAVE. It's that bad). Can't really think about any other bad points really. It didn't feel that long to me, honestly. Also Scarecrow's cameo what kinda flat, was hoping more when I saw him appear.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Before anyone blows their fuses over that article, bear in mind that critic is the same guy that made Naked Lunch and Videodrome. Memento is a "simple" movie compared to those.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think I'm the only one who doesn't care about the Dark Knight Rising. Batman Begins was cool and the Dark Night was ok (the Joker performance was the best thing about it) but left me with no desire to see a third. I like dark, broody films and don't need happy endings (Seven is still one of my fave films ever) but I'm tired of brooding superheros.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watching The Room. I already realize this is a bad idea.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Before anyone blows their fuses over that article, bear in mind that critic is the same guy that made Naked Lunch and Videodrome. Memento is a "simple" movie compared to those.

Even though I agree with him, I would had hoped that one of the creators of the body horror genre would be more open minded about the potential of marginalized genres.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Batman is a giant money making machine, there is a super hero movie every other week. I would hardly call it marginalized.

I'm talking about comic books which much like Horror films is considered to be teenage entertainment.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I'm pretty sure comic books have jumped way past the teenage entertainment genre. They are mostly family entertainment, or summer action entertainment. They are hitting a very large audience right now, and you have the more adult tones of the recent Batman's and the Watchmen, plus you have the more family friendly tones of Avengers and Iron Man. They haven't really been focused on the teenage demographic for decades.

Watching Daybreakers again. Has it's problems but at least it tried to do something a bit different than the usual vampire/horror.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm pretty sure comic books have jumped way past the teenage entertainment genre. They are mostly family entertainment, or summer action entertainment. They are hitting a very large audience right now, and you have the more adult tones of the recent Batman's and the Watchmen, plus you have the more family friendly tones of Avengers and Iron Man. They haven't really been focused on the teenage demographic for decades.

Boobs and Gore does not an adult book make. You seriously expect me to believe that the target demographic for comics is not teenagers?

village_idiot.gif

It's all manga and anime nowadays for kids. The fact that American comic industry has always been oversatured with the superhero genre hasn't helped matters at all either. Nobody but die-hards give a crap about the 262th reboot of Superman or Batman anymore.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

A shame really. Like books it's something a single person or maybe two or three people can do on their own, leaving less room for the 'vision' if you will, to be diluted by others. Too many cooks spoil the food, the best result is often one guy (or gal) with an idea who is not willing to compromise.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The Bourne Legacy - Great action, good performance by Jeremy Renner. It was a very solid movie, and it didn't feel odd without Damon. But the ending was abrupt. Like, oh, that's it? Ah well, I look forward to a sequel.

God bless America

This movie is too dangerous to watch for most people. The lingering feeling of fulfillness, love and serenity would be too much for anyone's mind.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEFj0Pngu_E

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy