SW: The Old Republic Part 4

Rosbjerg

I haven't played it in the last few weeks.  I'm probably going to wait until the expansion comes out.

While I'm on Red Eclipse, I've been out since late November. Might get something done when my holiday starts in a week, might get some done when I start the new job, might not play it again. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

For that next batch of info from the developers blog:

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

reputation_gui_900x563.jpg

Game Update 1.7 will introduce Galactic Reputation to all players. This is a new way for your character to advance in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. In a time of widespread conflict and political strife, disparate organizations throughout the galaxy seek allies in the struggle for peace... or conquest. Reputation measures how your character is perceived by these organizations it reflects the prestige you've earned through your heroic contributions to each cause.

The Reputation track for each organization is divided into six ranks - Outsider, Newcomer, Friend, Hero, Champion, and Legend. You will start with no rank at all, but as you earn Reputation Points, your rank will increase. When you've earned the top rank in a particular organization (i.e. Legend), you will no longer earn Reputation Points with that particular organization. You will have become a living legend among those represented by that organization; an avatar of their cause.

As your Reputation Rank increases, new rewards will become available to you. Throughout the galaxy, you will find Reputation Vendors associated with each organization. Special rewards with Reputation Rank requirements can be purchased from these vendors. Items and equipment with a Reputation Rank requirement can only be purchased, used, or equipped if you meet or exceed the rank requirement.

legacy_titles_436x480.jpg

Legacy Titles

When you achieve specific Reputation Ranks, you will earn a new type of reward called a Legacy Title. Legacy Titles are a new kind of title that is displayed beneath your character's name, in place of your Legacy surname title (e.g. "The Skywalker Legacy"). For example, by achieving Friend rank with The Voss, you will unlock the Legacy Title, “Honored Voss-Friend.” Unlockable Legacy Titles are displayed in the Galactic Reputation tab of your Legacy window.

A Legacy of Heroism

A key feature of Galactic Reputation is the fact that it is bound to your Legacy instead of your character. In Star Wars: The Old Republic, the consequences of your character's actions can span generations, and heroism is hereditary. This means that all Reputation Points and ranks that you earn are shared across your entire Legacy, and all characters in your Legacy contribute Reputation Points to the same shared pool. Once you've unlocked rewards or titles, all characters in your Legacy will have access to them.

hyperspace_republic_900x443.jpg

Reputation and the Galactic War

Certain organizations represent one side of a two-sided conflict in the Galactic War. For example, the "Republic Hyperspace Armada" represents the Republic's war effort in space, whereas the "Imperial First Mobile Fleet" represents the Imperial opposition in the same conflict. The Reputation track for these two conflicts is shared, even though the Republic and the Empire have competing goals. A Republic character advancing his rank with the “Republic Hyperspace Armada” indirectly advances the rank of Imperial characters in his Legacy with the “Imperial First Mobile Fleet.”

Your Reputation Rank measures the impact that characters in your Legacy have had on the conflict - even if they were on the opposite side of the war. You will never lose Reputation Points by aiding one side of the conflict - you will only increase the notoriety and political significance of your Legacy in the conflicts to come.

reputation_trophy_360x187.jpg

Earning Reputation Points

Reputation is earned by collecting a new kind of item called a Reputation Trophy. Reputation Trophies are consumable items that grant a small, medium, or large amount of Reputation Points when consumed. The amount of points granted by a Reputation Trophy is indicated by the quality of the item - Premium (small), Prototype (medium), or Artifact (large). Every Reputation Trophy is tied to a specific organization. For example, to increase your standing with The Voss, you can collect Gormak Power Cells, which are rewards for completing Heroic Missions on Voss.

The amount of Reputation Points you can earn with each organization is limited by a weekly cap which provides a natural endpoint for your Reputation Trophy collection each week. You can still acquire Reputation Trophies after you hit your weekly cap, but you will not be able to consume additional Reputation Trophies for points until your cap is reset. If consuming a Reputation Trophy would put you over your weekly cap, you will still be granted the full amount of points from that Reputation Trophy. Weekly caps are specific to each organization, so even if you hit your weekly cap with one organization, you can continue earning points with others.

Subscriber Bonus

You can earn additional Reputation Points each time you consume a Reputation Trophy if you have a Reputation Bonus in effect. All Subscribers get a natural +50% bonus to all Reputation Points earned. This value is displayed in the Galactic Reputation tab of the Legacy window.

Reputations in Game Update 1.7

Game Update 1.7 will launch with four organizations represented in the Galactic Reputation system:

Organization                                How to Earn Reputation

The Voss                                     [WEEKLY] Defending Voss-Ka

Voss Heroic Missions

The Gree Enclave                       "Relics of the Gree" Event Missions

"Relics of the Gree" Event Bosses

Republic Hyperspace Armada     Hard Mode Space Missions

Republic Fifth Assault Battalion   [WEEKLY] Section X Crisis

Section X Missions

Imperial First Mobile Fleet           Hard Mode Space Missions

Imperial Guard on Belsavis          [WEEKLY] Section X Crisis

Section X Missions

And that’s our new Reputation System in a nutshell. Players can look forward to us adding more Reputation organizations in the future that will include new and familiar locations!

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So, with the help of a sub I got an artifact unlock (use purple items) for 1M of the GTN. Should make my life a lot more bearable (and myself more useful in engame ops and flashpoints), I thought.

After paying that huge sum (especially for us f2p), I find out... the item wont function. Dammit.

So mailing support, get a reply I have to call with VoIP. I hate skype. I hate calling. But I guess I have no choice.

Dammit.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

As it may be someone else has the exact same issue;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=596077

As I can't post there ( :() can somone mention I also have the issue? I really would ask myself, but since I can't. I would appreciate anyone who would help.

I just hope support reads it, and if they help us both at the same time instead of just the OP.

Account name Hassat-Hunter, char name Jaellan.

(asked the same on LucasForums and Deadlystream. I spam, but really want to fix my issue. If only BioWare allowed us to actually properly contact them then I wouldn't need to, but I guess that's too much to ask for)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Why can't you post on the forum?

EDIT:  Also, this doesn't work? http://www.swtor.com/support/form

Let me know tomorrow if you're still having issues ( just reply to this thread)

Free2play players have no posting privileges.

And that support form returns automated responses.

If this is anything like my activation issue then to have any hope of getting things fixed you need to phone support and hope you won't need forwarding to level 2.

I've already had a friend reply to the thread, so thanks for offering, but hopefully support will read it tomorrow (since the forums one seems the only active ATM).

F2P (nope, not even us preferred players who paid them cash) can't post on the forum.

F2P and preferred can't post ingame tickets.

And as pmp said, using that form I just got the automated reply to call in using VoIP.

I'd rather make absolutely sure I have no other solution before doing that (yeah, I really hate making phone calls).

^

If it's any consolation, the times I've had to call in (when I replaced my phone and needed my security key app reset, and when my wife's password got locked because someone tried to steal her account) the customer service on the other end of that phone line was stellar. So at least there's that.

I'm shocked that f2p folks can't submit tickets!  That doesn't make any sense to me.

I agree, its probably done as a way to encourage people to pay for the game.

But it would just annoy me, either offer people free to play with certain functions, like logging calls, or charge for the game.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's not like when I was a sub the ingame tickets really did anything.

I must have reported about 50 bugs. Look, 2 months later... they're all still in. Even the insignificant little typo's that should take 10 sec tops to fix...

^

I must have reported about 50 bugs. Look, 2 months later... they're all still in. Even the insignificant little typo's that should take 10 sec tops to fix...

I'm surprised you, who've worked on some fairly extensive mods, would be ignorant enough to write something like that.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ah don't feel too bad, from my run with release they must ignore their official QA people as well (either that or they just suck too :p)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I can understand why people who are pure f2p can't, but preferred players absolutely should be able to.

Odd for them to just ignore issues from free players entirely though, would be sensible to mark them at a lower priority unless it's something client breaking.    I guess they figure the filtering is too much work, maybe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm surprised you, who've worked on some fairly extensive mods, would be ignorant enough to write something like that.

And if a single guy in his spare time can fix more issues on a game he's barely familiar than a paid full-time tech team that worked on a game for 6 years, that doesn't raise questions or makes you wonder... "WTF"?

I have been playing for a few months now. Can't see I ever seen a considerable fix in their patchlog.

But there's just no way around the many extra issues each patch introduces.

Let's take last month as example.

Week 1: "We modified Taral V to fix something"

Week 2: "Yeah, we totally broke Taral V. But we fixed that now."

Week 3: "Taral V is still not functioning 100% correct due to our week 1 tweak, no patch this week."

Week 4: Well, that's tuesday with 1.7. We'll see if they can finally get their freakin' fix right in a month, or if that's too much to ask.

It's like they not even test what the hell they're doing anymore too.

And it concerns me that so many vary gamebreaking issues are left hanging...

And yes, text issues take 10 sec tops in KOTOR2 (just open the dialog.tlk editor and tweak). I would expect a MMO to update and fix text issues each week. But all I notice is more and more text plainly missing. Or being broken.

And like above, it's 2 months since they changed a function, and it's discription is still not corrected. I mean, what the hell?

From my point as modder, I can't understand that at all... and it's not like issues mentioned by others on the forum are fixed either...

Or they just have other priorities than you. Fixing one bug means you're taking time away from fixing another one, and maybe there are others they deem more important, regardless of how trivial some would be to fix.

How I wished they fixed the crashing, the lag, the broken flashpoints, the broken items, the broken quests, the broken systems, UI elements who aren't working at all and confusing everyone, mail system breaks (GTN mails anyone? Started recent apparently)... it just doesn't stop.

And they have been there months. MONTHS.

^

Is the game really that broken for you Hassat? Can't imagine it would really be that bad and to have gotten worse than when I played :p

PvP is unplayable to due to lag. Players get kicked around each 2 hours to infinite loading screens. Teammates dissapear. Insanely expensive items dont work, the Cartel Market is a mess.

Just stuff you're confronted with each and every day you play the game...

It can get pretty tiresome. And it really doesn't need to be that way :(

^