SW: The Old Republic Part 4

Rosbjerg

It sounds more like there was a looting exploit that had not been fixed, and rather than reporting it, the person went out of their way to take advantage of it.

Most of that stuff is pretty typical policing in an MMO, which is trying to keep the economy stable and deal with gold sellers, bots, etc.

The only one that would actually bother me is the person who was censored for using swear words in private tells. Unless the person e was sending the /tell to reported him, I don't see how that is a problem worth policing.

I remember the chest thing being a big deal a while back but I don't remember what they did to "fix" it. It wasn't much of an exploit as all you had to do was fly to the planet and make your way to the chests and loot them. The planet is level 50 but going to planets outside your level range for better loot doesn't really sound like something you should get banned over. You still have to compete with everyone else on the planet for the chests and everything kills you in seconds.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Was messing up the game economy or something along those lines with gold farmers. I think that was their reasoning for labeling it as an offence.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I remember in Asheron's Call 2 you could get these big worm creatures stuck on the terrain and then pelt them from afar. They were worth a ton of xp, so my buddies and I would just farm these for hours to gain levels. You could actually get up and leave, then come back 20 minutes later and the fight would be over. Different times, I suppose :p

Yeah, some of the complaining if you aren't in "good gear" or perfectly doing your 'job' or something surprise me... where did fun go for some people?

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Died after having to repeat a raid the nth time because someone messed up, I guess?

Whining starts a long way before anyone's come close to dying. But sure, sometimes people are catastrophically bad.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Died after having to repeat a raid the nth time because someone messed up, I guess?

Whining starts a long way before anyone's come close to dying. But sure, sometimes people are catastrophically bad.

I mean the fun died.

Yeah, some of the complaining if you aren't in "good gear" or perfectly doing your 'job' or something surprise me... where did fun go for some people?

Well in raids you being bad can impact other people's enjoyment. Although players are tending to be less patient or understanding - healing is a ridiculously high pressure role with some players in your raid, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I haven't even done operations, just the flashpoints...

Have seen many a ragequit... and that can be problematic. Especially if you wait 2 hours to find a flashpoint in the first place.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

It is and it isn't. The tone of the article is a bit off.

Yes there will be a DLC coming this spring, and yes in that DLC there will be content that contains SGR.

But by no means is this content targeted specifically at the gay community, and I'm sure there will also be characters for straight people to jump in the sack with.

It's a content update with an increased level cap, and a new planetary quest series. So it's aimed at everyone, it's just that they've finally had content where it makes sense for them to deliver on a promise they made a long time ago. Nothing more, nothing less.

For now. Like I said, they didn't have it in any story content from the beginning, and haven't added any story content until now.

I am sure the next time they add content with romances SRG will be included in that content as well.

For now. Like I said, they didn't have it in any story content from the beginning, and haven't added any story content until now.

I am sure the next time they add content with romances SRG will be included in that content as well.

Don't you find "putting your gays" in one planet a bit regressive?

• Like 1

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

What happens on Makeb, stays on Makeb!

Seriously though, they are just introducing the relationships at the same time as they are releasing a new planet, and since they have to expand the story to allow the relationships to happen, it makes sense that all the new story stuff will happen on the new planet.

• Like 1

That this is the #1 wish of most BioWare fans really tells me they get their priorities wrong.

The BW romances are hilarious, I can easily do without them. Why want more...

They should have formed a pack to add pazaak or something. Much more people would be suited by that :/

^

That this is the #1 wish of most BioWare fans really tells me they get their priorities wrong.

That's hardly an issue with BioWare fanbase.

Project Eternity forum quickly became about nothing but romances/gender issues/sexuality.

Those are the expectation of modern RPG gamers.

• Like 1

I'm actually more surprised it wasn't part of the base game, it shows how incomplete the game really was at launch.

Bioware has made it clear that they are committed to recognizing and respecting the gay community in their games. I applaud them for that. Although I think Obsidian was a lot better at it in Fallout: NV.

• Like 1

And for the prospective of what 1.7 will be bringing to the game..

GET READY TO HELP THE GREE - YOUR PROWESS WILL BE GREATLY REWARDED!

Adventure with other Level 50 players or journey alone to assist the Gree in their continual pursuit of information. Those who are brave enough to help the Gree will be rewarded for their service.

Events are available to Free-to-Play Players and Subscribers at no additional cost.

Visit the Cartel Market and find items to add to your arsenal.

NEW RECURRING EVENT: RELICS OF THE GREE

•Explore Ilum's contested area in the Western Ice Shelf to uncover the mysterious purpose of the Gray Secant, an enormous ancient Gree starship.

•Get ready to face a powerful opponent that awaits you at the center of this ancient vessel.

•Earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly-advanced weapon and armor!

•Look for opportunities to join this recurring event throughout the rest of the year. More details to come

NEW SYSTEM: GALACTIC REPUTATION

• Check out an all new exciting way to level up your character.
  • Advance through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend".
  • Earn Reputation Points by completing missions for allies such as the Gree and the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire.
  • Galactic Reputation is tied to your character’s Legacy, so enjoy earned Reputation Points and ranks across all characters in your Legacy

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What use Galactic Reputation is... it doesn't tell.

Also, they apparently think they fixed enough bugs last week, and the "patch" is a single line.

I think they're plenty of buggies left Bio... :/

^

• 2 weeks later...

So, anyone else here lost 3 hours of gaming when they rolled back The Red Eclipse?

:/

^