Duke in G.I Joe Retaliation

Cutlock

Not sure if a topic on this has been brought up, haven't been here in a while, but as some of you already know: Duke Hauser is going to die in G.I Joe, or maybe now he isn't, that is why the delay happened. But what does Duke mean to G.I Joe that Roadblock doesn't? Well for one he is the stereotyped white male buff dream boy Channing Tatum lead that we've all hated to see but still watched. For starters he has literally been the main character of the G.I Joe franchise, in the show, in the animated movie and the movie that was created only to serve as a prequel to this film (so it's ignorable). But now he gets killed off in 13 minutes of the film?

He's probably back in a coma now, but still, he was the G.I Joe franchise for a while and now their making that Snake Eyes and Dwayne Johnson.

While killing the first films main character would work for a sequel to Green Lantern (shut up Hal Jordan fanboys), not really for G.I Joe.

Thoughts?

Do you want Duke dead?

Didn't they cancel this movie? Or at least push it back so far as to allow for reshooting the entire thing?

Pushed it back to make it 3D.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To make 3D and extend Duke's appearance in it. Test screenings claimed he didn't get enough time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It actually looked pretty good in the trailers, you've got Bruce Willis making a cameo and The Rock always puts on a decent performance. I liked the first movie, it was a fun action movie that didn't take itself too seriously. It's based on a toy line for goodness sakes, it doesn't have a real high bar set.

Transformers suck, Gorgon. Only the lame kids played with them :fdevil:

Hey, I funded a trip to America for a friends wedding by putting some of my old boxed Transformers on ebay a few years ago. (Technically, that was a year or two before Michael Bay released his film..)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hey, I funded a trip to America for a friends wedding by putting some of my old boxed Transformers on ebay a few years ago. (Technically, that was a year or two before Michael Bay released his film..)

That's just because those lame kids grew up to have a lot of disposable income.

That's just because those lame kids grew up to have a lot of disposable income.

I got about

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Snake Eyes was the only good part of the G.I. Joe movie.

What with the Crysis suits, Baroness being a fake blond ex-girlfriend of Duke's, Scarlett having self-esteem issues, Destro being a squeaky puny Asian guy, and Storm Shadow looking like a member of a J-pop boy band.

G.I. Joe is serious business.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Destro being a squeaky puny Asian guy

the_ninth_doctor.jpg

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Duke? Snake eyes? Destro? Who the heck are you guys talking about? This is the real GI Joe from when I was a kid:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe_Adventure_Team

Oh God how did I ever get so old!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Duke? Snake eyes? Destro? Who the heck are you guys talking about? This is the real GI Joe from when I was a kid:http://en.wikipedia...._Adventure_Team

Oh God how did I ever get so old!

Your not old, your on the Internet. Your digital! You can be as old as you want!

And they only shot an extra week with Tatum. The studio is working things out to see if they need to add extra seens with Dwayne and Channing!

Oh and to the Cenation: WE WHOOPED YOUR ASS IN FAKE WRESTLEING! WOOT!.

They killed him off originally because Jon Chu was a GI Joe fan and thought the first one sucked and the best way to go forward was to kill everyone and start fresh. Dwayne Johnson playing Roadblock meant that Flint couldn't be the leader because no way was The Rock playing second banana to a nobody.

Turns out killing Duke didn't sit well with focus groups and Channing Tatum is some sort of box office draw since he had two successful movies this year. Add to that that overseas people are sucking up the 3d like its going out of style (please let it be going out of style) judging from the large overseas gross from various 3d re-releases and such, so they figured pushing it back for 9 months to allow for Channing Tatum's return in a 3rd one and to double their overseas gross was a good investment.

Thats my understanding at least.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I used to love the cartoon as a kid, Cobra Commander's downfall in the feature length cartoon was very memorable, I can't bring myself to watch the movie though, the international black ops style doesn't appeal to me at all.