RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Hmm, the one on the right looks like the female detective from Hawaii 5-0.

Well, they are the same actress, no ?

Ah yes, must refresh page before posting.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wish I could say something about my state after seeing that picture that wasn't obscene.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I like TB, but Cyberpunk is so 80s and 90s.

This is the 2010's so it's bound to make a comeback.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If this new IP turns out to be like a Blade Runner RPG, CD Projekt Red will be my new favorite developer (sorry Obsidz). Loved Witcher 1, loved Witcher 2, and am very intrigued about their new IP.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If this new IP turns out to be like a Blade Runner RPG, CD Projekt Red will be my new favorite developer (sorry Obsidz). Loved Witcher 1, loved Witcher 2, and am very intrigued about their new IP.

No way.

While CDP is definitely a competent developer, their games tend to lack soul and "character", unlike Obsidian games. CDP just cannot into engaging writing. Not that I'm blaming them, being Polish and not 100% acquainted with the English language sorta makes it difficult to compete with the Gods of RPG writers/designers.

• Like 1

being Polish and not 100% acquainted with the English language sorta makes it difficult to compete with the Gods of RPG writers/designers.

Yeah, what do they know, being plumbers and all.

How many languages do you know by the way?

, "their games tend to lack soul and "character", unlike Obsidian games."

Only if you discount soulless and characterless Obsidian games like AP, DS3, or SOZ. Of course, Twitcher series is even worse and at least Obsidian has some gems. Twitcher makers can't make any games but Twitcher games.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

being Polish and not 100% acquainted with the English language sorta makes it difficult to compete with the Gods of RPG writers/designers.

Yeah, what do they know, being plumbers and all.

How many languages do you know by the way?

There's always going to be a difference in writing in your native language and some other. From personal experience, I'd say it's a massive one. According to my boss, I'm exceptionally adept in my native language (Finnish), and I do have essentially every possible qualification a foreigner can get in English, but the differences between the two are absolutely staggering. (And for the e-peens, I speak a total of 7 languages).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Shin Megami Tensei IV announced (3DS)

http://andriasang.co...3/megaten4_3ds/

Is that a remake of a PS2 game, or a completely new one? I once played a Tensei game via PS2 emulator...suffice to say, it was "interesting". And hard as ass.

Seems like the 3DS is now slowly but certainly picking up some speed. New Castlevania, this, and who knows what else might come down the road. As a handheld, the 3DS certainly seems to be more interesting than the PS Vita.

(And for the e-peens, I speak a total of 7 languages).

:thumbsup:

Shin Megami Tensei IV announced (3DS)

http://andriasang.co...3/megaten4_3ds/

Is that a remake of a PS2 game, or a completely new one? I once played a Tensei game via PS2 emulator...suffice to say, it was "interesting". And hard as ass.

Are you talking about this? (There were multiple other Megaten games as well on PS2)

208458-35993_2_2_super.jpg

If so, that was the third. This is a new one, yes. Though, Megami Tensei games can generally get hard.

Edited by C2B

Enough to survive, son.

Are you ashamed of your cute little chauvinistic remarks all of a sudden? How disappointing.

There's always going to be a difference in writing in your native language and some other. From personal experience, I'd say it's a massive one. According to my boss, I'm exceptionally adept in my native language (Finnish), and I do have essentially every possible qualification a foreigner can get in English, but the differences between the two are absolutely staggering. (And for the e-peens, I speak a total of 7 languages).

Sure, but that's what interpreters are for. And when they did they job, that's what writers are for, to correct stylistics etc, to transform the text into pure English. You know how popular books are translated into 20 languages, etc, right?

Edited by Delfosse

Sure, but that's what interpreters are for. And when they did they job, that's what writers are for, to correct stylistics etc, to transform the text into pure English. You know how popular books are translated into 20 languages, etc, right?

Yeah, and the reason I always read original versions is that the translations suck.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

New Hitman Absolution trailer. Not really sure what to make of that, but oh well.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That is sad.

They're turning out licensed download titles now. That's sounding like Gotham City Imposters - Middle Earth Edition.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

While CDP is definitely a competent developer, their games tend to lack soul and "character", unlike Obsidian games. CDP just cannot into engaging writing. Not that I'm blaming them, being Polish and not 100% acquainted with the English language sorta makes it difficult to compete with the Gods of RPG writers/designers.

On the other hand, I don't think Obsidian could manage to build the atmosphere, where the designers being Polish seems to have worked preferably. I'd rather be happy with the variety. Not sure of the cyberpunk genre, though. :ermm: