Mass Effect 3

Gorth

They're doing a War of the Worlds 'live cast' of the Reaper invasion on Twitter. Alliance News Network.

And indeed, it looks like Emily Wong won't be seen in game for ME3 now...

And of course the reviews are now out..

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-mass-effect/727641

IGN ME3 Review

Gamespot ME3 Review

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I found out the hard way that there's way too many cutscenes you can't skip. Replaying a section for any reason? Using that restart mission button? Uh-oh, you'll find yourself seeing the ending cutscene from the last mission with no way to make it go faster.

I'm not sure how I feel about the gameplay. It's faster, it's more hectic, it still feels easier. Biotic detonations seem easier and with a larger boom. All I need is Liara to drop a Singularity, then I'll use warp and it's like a bomb went off. Or I can warp, wait a second, throw, and same effect. The loss of protections on hardcore make this really noticeable. It's just singularity/warp all day every day. With an occasional overload.

Enjoying it despite those minor issues.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, I find it a little unbelievable that ign have pretty much put the entire game up on video already.

"You too can watch every section of every mission, as desired via our IGN YouTube connection!!"

Edit: And dammit, I still have to wait till Friday for the UK release. Bloody hell, even Russia gets the game before us. Where's the logic?

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well then maybe I won't need to download the game, just watch it on IGN :p

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/5411/article/bioware-institutes-zero-tolerance-policy-on-community-forums/

Gotta love the trolling.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I found out the hard way that there's way too many cutscenes you can't skip. Replaying a section for any reason? Using that restart mission button? Uh-oh, you'll find yourself seeing the ending cutscene from the last mission with no way to make it go faster.

I'm not sure how I feel about the gameplay. It's faster, it's more hectic, it still feels easier. Biotic detonations seem easier and with a larger boom. All I need is Liara to drop a Singularity, then I'll use warp and it's like a bomb went off. Or I can warp, wait a second, throw, and same effect. The loss of protections on hardcore make this really noticeable. It's just singularity/warp all day every day. With an occasional overload.

Enjoying it despite those minor issues.

Are you playing an Adept or Sentinel?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

http://www.gameranx....mmunity-forums/

Gotta love the trolling.

I cant believe they felt compelled to include a transvestite NPC. Seriously, I had no idea the transvestite community had such numbers! I guess hermaphrodites will have to wait until ME4.

Are you playing an Adept or Sentinel?

In my free time I like to hunt down the X-Men.

Gotta love the trolling.

Ahahahahahhahahahahah, poor Ashley.

Mark my words people: You will be nostalgic for daddy issues and gay sex come the next franchise.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well hopefully my hinting that it was in all likelihood totally false didn't go unnoticed :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gotta love the trolling.

I cant believe they felt compelled to include a transvestite NPC. Seriously, I had no idea the transvestite community had such numbers! I guess hermaphrodites will have to wait until ME4.

Gay is so ten years ago, how are you going to shock with that. Trans gender rights, or whatever, is in vouge. Probably since they more than any other group still experience the sharp end of discrimination (pun intended). Which is all good, live and let live and all that.

Too bad they aren't all as hot as Ashley Williams. There is this one 'girl' who goes to the same supermarket as me. Ugh...

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Really? Really? Where the **** am I living?

I feel bad for poor Ashley, it's like she lost at RPS and got publicly humiliated for it.

I probably shouldn't have posted that, oh well, just found it funny the weird stuff some people do. Right now game's getting the usual slam treatment on Metacritic too.

Really? Really? Where the **** am I living?

I feel bad for poor Ashley, it's like she lost at RPS and got publicly humiliated for it.

Nepenthe had it right. The SNR with Bioware games is pretty ridiculous.

DA2 had problems. So how does the internet react? Does it say what those problems are? No, it makes fat jokes about developers. The human race will be destroyed by GIFT.

• Like 1

Well not like sagely pointing out the flaws is going to matter much to the developers for whatever game follows, so doubt the noise is all that bad. It's really easy to filter through for the most part, as well.

Well not like sagely pointing out the flaws is going to matter much to the developers for whatever game follows, so doubt the noise is all that bad. It's really easy to filter through for the most part, as well.

I'm pretty sure it does matter to the developers. That's probably why the romances are so prominent. Because it's where they get consistent constructive feedback. Bioware is clearly trying to adjust to fans when it can see issues that aren't hidden by belligerence. Weapon modification in ME3, the larger weapon list and progression, backing off daddy issue missions.
  • Like 1

Well I had thought you meant noise like fat jokes about their developers, not angry posts on a legitimate issue. Even so, it's still easy to filter those, so I think they can harden up and manage if they want to. Doubt the amount of noise in commentary about the game(s) is any worse than anything else people talk about.

And no fat jokes about them on their forums, they're strictly against bullying and all, now.

Someone is trolling the user metacritic score hard: It's 2.5 out of 10.

They're doing a War of the Worlds 'live cast' of the Reaper invasion on Twitter. Alliance News Network.

That's.... badly done....

Is that offical? Because that has like NOTHING of what made War of the Worlds so great.

It's official and it was quite good.

Well, no, it doesn't have what made War of the World's great. War of the Worlds was about mass, worldwide panic. This is about the reaction and death of a single person. It's a bit like the difference betweeen World War Z and Night of the Living Dead; they both use a zombie rising as the basis for a story, but one has a wide-ranging focus while the other is small and intimate.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That's.... badly done....

Is that offical? Because that has like NOTHING of what made War of the Worlds so great.

It's official and it was quite good.

Well, no, it doesn't have what made War of the World's great. War of the Worlds was about mass, worldwide panic. This is about the reaction and death of a single person. It's a bit like the difference betweeen World War Z and Night of the Living Dead; they both use a zombie rising as the basis for a story, but one has a wide-ranging focus while the other is small and intimate.

W....What?

How was that intimate? And do you even know the original War of the Worlds broadcast? The only thing that rememberd me of was some random action/slasher survival flick.

I mean

You want to see how a human dies? At ramming speed

Fighter drones closing. Gunships are down. Mom, dad, love you.

Edited by C2B