Mass Effect 3

Gorth

I quite liked the story-related mako missions (and Bring Down the Sky). It was certainly better than that abortion, Hammerhead. In fact, just writing "hammerhead" makes me wince. Again.

Those were done well enough, i agree.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The Hammerhead was a free DLC for everyone. But it was also included as part of Overlord, with Overlord having a new Hammerhead hub area.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I liked the Hammerhead more than the Mako... except for the missions. The Hammerhead stuff was so much always the same... kind of like the Mako missions. Man, Bioware for sure sucks at repeatable quest stuff.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I didn't mind mako, the problem where the environments where you drove it. That was a crappy paste job.

If they had made something with more believable physics (no rubberband gravity) and genuine variety, it could have been a valuable contribution to the game rather than feeling like "filler". Not that I think they did it because they hate people, but because it was what was possible within time and budget scope.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been hearing some rather interesting things involving earlier plans for ME2. So much missed potential.

MyWaifu.png

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm with Nep on the subject of the Mako. Just driving around on a planet's surface looking for your mission access point and whatever pieces of old technology lying around to salvage by playing Frogger was pretty monotonous. I didn't mind the segments like the one on Virmire, for instance. It wasn't as polished as the rest of the game but it was a nice change of pace. Sometimes you just need a few minutes of something different to get back into the grind.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Reminded me of the Halo Wars trailer with the serried ranks of guys behind them.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It seems to be out-of-character with the Reapers.. I don't think they'll bother about rounding up little girls, because they are more into massive crowd control and they make servants to herd them together.

(Signatures: disabled) 

The bit with the kid was kinda cute, but... Shepard getting real mad and personal with a bunch of soulless hulks is just silly. Reminds me of Starship Troopers, with all the soldiers getting worked up about silly bugs, except, there it was at least ironic.

well, the bugs didn't use to be humans, corrupted into something else. :p

Was good seeing Big Ben make a return.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I hope they give a good reason for why the Reapers don't just drop a nuke on Shepard.

Heck, why not nuke earth? At least nuke earth's military installations so its cities will be virtually defenseless against abduction.

Dude, if they'd start making sense, then there wouldn't be any EPIC battle for Shepard left anymore.

Arrogance forbids them from that solution.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hope they give a good reason for why the Reapers don't just drop a nuke on Shepard.

Heck, why not nuke earth? At least nuke earth's military installations so its cities will be virtually defenseless against abduction.

Every ounce of intelligence the Reapers may ever have possessed completely went down the drain with ME2.

gzUN9.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Official BioWare response to certain people recently bullying Jennifer Hepler (Bio writer)

Oh wow.

While I think Hepler sucks as a writer, making personal insults to developers and even harass them is just outright disgusting.

I agree, but telling gamers she wants an "I win" button so she can skip the game. That's probably something she would have been better keeping to herself.

Official BioWare response to certain people recently bullying Jennifer Hepler (Bio writer)

Oh wow.

While I think Hepler sucks as a writer, making personal insults to developers and even harass them is just outright disgusting.

Heh, that's pretty rich. What did they say about her exactly that was so disgusting ?

it was the internet. you know what it said.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"I just figure they're jealous that I get to have both a vagina AND a games industry job, and they can't get either."

Well I must say her counter-trolling's not that hot.