Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Hey guys look! The mako is back! :D

Don't even joke about that. That is not cool.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not sure what form it takes but your ending apparently depends on preparedness level. One way to get it is via Mult-player (don't ask me I don't know the logic behind it) the other is to do side quests. Again I don't know how many or what sort of quests they are. Logically it should be something that helps with the war effort rather than rescuing cats from trees.

I'll take planet scanning over mountain climbing in a fidgety dune buggy any day.

They sped it up with a patch for everyone. Then there was an upgrade to make it go faster. On the PC it's not bad.

The MAKO is so atypical Bioware. Being able to go ANYWHERE within a square map.. That's Bioware pushing themselves beyond their own limits, which IS GOOD!! Not to mention being able to choose freely from which side to attack.. Mindblowing.. But of course that had to go, because everything has to be so goddamned polished, streamlined, linear, predictable and scriptable.. :bat:

(Signatures: disabled) 

What do we know about the side missions/openess of ME3?

I know the premise is not exactly perfect to take a stroll on some random planet to save a bunch of colonists while Earth is burning, but if they make this even more linear than ME3 then...then...

They've been pretty quiet on the substance of the side missions, but they're definitely in there because of the way the "best ending" is reached... which I think the other already alluded to. Personally, knowing that the planets now have multiple entry points, suspect that they're going to be separate areas (like in me3) but just on different parts of the planets you are already visiting.

I didn't mind mako, the problem where the environments where you drove it. That was a crappy paste job.

I quite liked the story-related mako missions (and Bring Down the Sky). It was certainly better than that abortion, Hammerhead. In fact, just writing "hammerhead" makes me wince. Again.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

http://twistedsinews...mire-debriefing

Oh man. This would be so easy to troll with.

Somebody pasted together some audio-files in order to make it sound like both Ashley and Kaiden surviving Virmire? Why?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://twistedsinews...mire-debriefing

Oh man. This would be so easy to troll with.

Somebody pasted together some audio-files in order to make it sound like both Ashley and Kaiden surviving Virmire? Why?

Sounds too good to be a cut/paste. It looks like they may have intended, or at least considered, you to be able to save both when they did recordings. I vaguely recall hearing about it previously.

I didn't mind mako, the problem where the environments where you drove it. That was a crappy paste job.

I quite liked the story-related mako missions (and Bring Down the Sky). It was certainly better than that abortion, Hammerhead. In fact, just writing "hammerhead" makes me wince. Again.

The only problem with the Hammerhead was that claiming it had paper thin armour is insulting to paper. I wasn't a huge fan of the homing missles either, but it was the only way to make sure you didn't get blown up when piloting the thing. Controls were pretty good though.

The story missions for the mako were fine because those were the ones that didn't have any weird 90 degree cliffs that you had to climb inch by agonizing inch.

The story missions with Mako were fine, but they weren't fun. They were a solid C effort. You just snipe all the geth from long range while moving an inch back and forth to dodge. That's so far from good gameplay, if it exploded, I'd reuse a joke I saw on TV last night. Wait, I think I said it wrong.

The story missions with Mako were fine, but they weren't fun. They were a solid C effort. You just snipe all the geth from long range while moving an inch back and forth to dodge. That's so far from good gameplay, if it exploded, I'd reuse a joke I saw on TV last night. Wait, I think I said it wrong.

Ok, I can't really disagree with you here, but to me those parts did serve to break the monotony in a welcome way. Unlike the hammerhead, which, unlike my esteemed colleague above, I consider to be an utter and abject failure from the ground up.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I prefered to just use the Mako like an APC and get out and snipe everything. You get an XP bonus too , which is handy for getting rid of that sway asap.

I tried that until I realized that assault rifles on the ME universe have the same range as the snipers..in other words I got my ass shot

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well.. The Mako was part of a whole different game, than the Hammerhead. There was actually a point in hunting Thresher Maws in ME and killing random stuff, because you were getting exp, loot, credits and gear for it. Sure the Mako could be 'exploited' to snipe enemies from afar with rockets or the rail gun.. There is a lot of freedom to play as you like in that way, which has been removed from ME2.. You can even fall off the map and die.. Whew.. In ME2 you are just dropped at the beginning of a one-way tunnel, where all the doors close behind you.. You are being herded through the game.. That works for that game, because there is so little else to do than just pushing forward..

It's a bit odd that it's so limited and confined considering the scenery. Quite a shame really. There was a time that I would like to take time to enjoy and explore the that more, but you can't do that either, in ME neither, because it's confined to what you see and you can't 'jump' out there.. Can't jump in, if you are lost out there either. Sucks to be stuck in geometry without a way to 'jump' off.

In ME2 there is no point in killing anything and whenever I am too bored I rush for the main objective, because when you hit that 'finish' button the script kills the rest.. Like on the collector ship where you have to hit all the big buttons to secure passage for your lone hacker.. Just run for it and all the collectors disappear.. That's okay in a way I guess, but it could have been made a choice, no wait, Bioware is not into choices it seems.. Ugh, who let the troll out.

(Signatures: disabled)