Mass Effect 3

Gorth

I just think they tried to come up with Mr Average McCrewcut and unfortunately gave him the voice to go with it :(

I love Mr Average McCrewcut, immersion really goes out the window for me when they try to make dramatic character backstories. I still remember that I almost didn't play Dead Island because I made the mistake of reading the sob stories of an excuse that were the character description. But I soldiered on nicknamed the game "Drama Island" for the first few hours until I didn't care that my ex-alcoholic, born again Christian, ex-football player character was chugging down whiskey bottles like water.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I just think they tried to come up with Mr Average McCrewcut and unfortunately gave him the voice to go with it :(

I love Mr Average McCrewcut, immersion really goes out the window for me when they try to make dramatic character backstories. I still remember that I almost didn't play Dead Island because I made the mistake of reading the sob stories of an excuse that were the character description. But I soldiered on nicknamed the game "Drama Island" for the first few hours until I didn't care that my ex-alcoholic, born again Christian, ex-football player character was chugging down whiskey bottles like water.

If there is one thing that is likely to make you fall off the wagon it's an island full of zombies.

I agree in principle though, the less fleshed out they make things, the more room you have to add your own elements.Not really sure if that applied to ME , the whole "elite" Shepard goes out of the window when you try to snipe something like he's in withdrawal. It's a bit of a stretch to see someone who is less competent than me who would never be an elite sniper qualify as a SPECTRE.

Your complaint about this indicates that you're exactly the type of player to whom BioWare was catering with this change - you didn't make that decision, you simply used your abilities every time they were off cooldown. Of course, if you play in such a manner, you will be ineffective.

This is certainly the intended design, not a bug. I'm saying it's a stupid design.

You come off sounding awfully elitist.

Welcome to the Gaming Hipster Community.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Don't have an argument? That's OK, ad hominem works just as well!

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

What's wrong with being elitist ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What's wrong with being elitist ?

Exactly. Since when should someone strive for banality and celebrate mediocrity?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't have an argument? That's OK, ad hominem works just as well!

I obviously did a poor job of teaching that expression to you earlier in this thread, since you keep misusing it. ;)

Everything worth saying on the matter was said several pages ago, I only regret not having the self-restraint of stopping back then.

Well, apart from Hurlie's comment above. Guess it was just me, then. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

There is a difference between high standards and unrealistic standards.

Well, usually those are one in the same with this industry :lol: Shame the demo's not leaked yet, would have preferred it today to tomorrow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Am I late to the party? I'm hearing rumors that weapon holstering is not in. That seems strange. It implies they don't mix exploration areas and combat areas.

Anyone confirm or deny?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I really hate that STEAM can't keep track of my DLCs for ME2, I am forced to deal with BIoware's juvinile and inept store again. No I don't remember the passworld, I never envisioned looking at it twice. ugh,, screw it, not going to replay ME2 now.

What? You download the stuff from bioware social/registered game promotions, you don't need to go anywhere near any of their stores.

Or from anywhere really, it'll do the authentication automatically.

I had trouble with my login information a few months back. I actually ended up calling customer support. They were fairly helpful and I was able to setup a new login with my old registered games.

Not that I can see, although I think I recal they hid the DLC download secton somewhere hard to find. I see options to download patches and options to buy DLCs. Nothing to get you to a list of DLC downloads. I hope they haven't associated my email with authentication, then I'm screwed. Was a hotmail that got hacked and I can't get into it.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I really hate that STEAM can't keep track of my DLCs for ME2, I am forced to deal with BIoware's juvinile and inept store again. No I don't remember the passworld, I never envisioned looking at it twice. ugh,, screw it, not going to replay ME2 now.

What? You download the stuff from bioware social/registered game promotions, you don't need to go anywhere near any of their stores.

Or from anywhere really, it'll do the authentication automatically.

I had trouble with my login information a few months back. I actually ended up calling customer support. They were fairly helpful and I was able to setup a new login with my old registered games.

Not that I can see, although I think I recal they hid the DLC download secton somewhere hard to find. I see options to download patches and options to buy DLCs. Nothing to get you to a list of DLC downloads. I hope they haven't associated my email with authentication, then I'm screwed. Was a hotmail that got hacked and I can't get into it.

http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

Nothing ME2 related there, despite having just registered the game with the code provided by steam and being logged in. There is some free DA2 junk on offering, and that's it. Must be keyed to my old login, which is lost to the ages.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I obviously did a poor job of teaching that expression to you earlier in this thread, since you keep misusing it. ;)

Last I checked, calling someone a "hipster" in place of actually debating their point is certainly an ad-hominem attack. Keep up the whole smug/superior thing, though, it certainly reflects well on you.

Everything worth saying on the matter was said several pages ago, I only regret not having the self-restraint of stopping back then.

Several pages ago? The subject of current discussion was only introduced on the previous page - I don't suppose you'd know that, though, as you're repeatedly showing you're far more interested in verbal ****-flinging than discussion.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Oh? Where's the line then? Care to point it out? :p

(hint: The greatest visionaries in their respective fields have never been content with their creations)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think it's fairly obvious they went for a more mainstream approach with ME2. In the end it's not about standards it's about selling as many units as you can (especially true under EA's flag).

Only the best/luckiest games can do both.

FIFA for example is much improved over what it was, but while sports games seem to be getting more involved everything else seems to go the other way.

Oh? Where's the line then? Care to point it out? :p

(hint: The greatest visionaries in their respective fields have never been content with their creations)

I don't really consider myself a visionary gamer. I play games to have fun, so I guess that's where I draw the line. :dancing:

login consists of a dead email as username and a passworld i can't remember. They can't reset the password because they have no email to send it to. Besides, all that will likely take days. No patience for it.

I called EA support and they were actually fairly quick at pulling up my information and helping me update it. Seems a lot easier than trying to crack it.

Thread Pruned. I appreciate that DRM and security processes can actually affect legit ownership, but discussing/describing any form of piracy is not permissible by the direction of Admin.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: