RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

I feel saddened by that. Anything Sony I ever bought was high quality and long lasting. My Trinitron CRT TV has been running for almost a decade now and has buried at least two Samsung TV's in its lifetime along with having superior picture quality. My PS2 dropped at least a meter from a table to a bare floor, busted a corner and damaged the button for opening the dvd tray and it still works perfectly. The original Dualshock 2 controller I got with it, outlived a more expensive Logitech counterpart by several years. That piece of trash broke down just after the guarantee expired, and it was poorly designed too.

It seems anyone who tries to keep a high standard of quality for hardware is doomed to failure against garbage pushers.

Of course, my Sony stuff is old now, maybe this is no longer the case. (I'll find out soon as I'm considering buying one of the Bravia series of LCD TV's)

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Some Ubisoft games to be unplayable for a time

Don't imagine it'll be too long, though.

That's really horrible towards people who work and have a very limited time to play games.

The Last of Us - GameInformer March Cover

Expect some screenshots later this day.

This has some real potential. Hope though it isn't just a cutscnene fest with mediocre gameplay, a'la Uncharted?

It seems anyone who tries to keep a high standard of quality for hardware is doomed to failure against garbage pushers.

Agreed. It's not the best who get rewarded these days, it's the fastest. I fear they'll have to push out the PS4 quicker due to the competitors than it actually needs to be.

Edited by Morgoth

I feel saddened by that. Anything Sony I ever bought was high quality and long lasting. My Trinitron CRT TV has been running for almost a decade now and has buried at least two Samsung TV's in its lifetime along with having superior picture quality. My PS2 dropped at least a meter from a table to a bare floor, busted a corner and damaged the button for opening the dvd tray and it still works perfectly. The original Dualshock 2 controller I got with it, outlived a more expensive Logitech counterpart by several years. That piece of trash broke down just after the guarantee expired, and it was poorly designed too.

Of course, my Sony stuff is old now, maybe this is no longer the case. (I'll find out soon as I'm considering buying one of the Bravia series of LCD TV's)

That's probably the whole problem, their stuff is actually built to last unlike, say, Samsung's (which is of similar quality... for the limited lifespan).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's probably the whole problem, their stuff is actually built to last unlike, say, Samsung's (which is of similar quality... for the limited lifespan).

I admire that. Its the only fair approach towards the consumer. Unfortunately since big business has free reign to decide what the consumers deserve to get, exactly no one is surprised that we get turd in the end.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I admire that. Its the only fair approach towards the consumer. Unfortunately since big business has free reign to decide what the consumers deserve to get, exactly no one is surprised that we get turd in the end.

As do I, which is why I won't let anyone buy any other tv than a Sony. :)

I wanted to buy a PS3 so much, but the game selection (the exclusives) never seems to get to the point that I'd consider the cost justified. I'm more interested in playing Team Ico games in HD than playing actual PS3 games.

A damn shame really.

demons souls and uncharted vs halo and gears of war

i have both systems, but really, the ps3 imo has better exclusives while the xbox has the better (but more expensive) online gaming

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Does the 360 even have any exclusives. Each time I looked through its list to see if it was worth getting I remember seeing that all the better titles got PC ports or were multiplatform to begin with.

i think halo and gears of war were xbox exclusives not sure about anything else. i personally don't like halo OR gears of war, but got an xbox originally because i wanted a console and it was a lot cheaper than sony's $600 console.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Gears of War got a PC release I think. Some of the Halo games did too.

The reason I never seriously considered buying the console though, was its high malfunction rate. Getting it fixed or worse having to send it to MS from these parts would be at best a pain in the ass, at worst a nightmare.

Having ultimately played almost everything of worth from 360 on the PC I'd say it was no great loss.

+, while the new Oppo might give it a run for its money, its still, for the moment, the best blu-ray player out there.

In fact, that's how I got back into gaming four years ago, I bought it for movies and thought I could do some gaming while I had the hardware... :p

(I'll find out soon as I'm considering buying one of the Bravia series of LCD TV's)

Let me know how it plays out, I am in considering a new bigscreen TV as well but the only one which looked fine cost over 9000 EUR :S some Sharp ****e... Little bit over the top IMO...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Generally, if you are getting an actually large tv, it's worth coughing up extra for the models with local dimming led backlighting. Side illuminating ones are IMO inferior to the traditional ccfl backlit ones, so there's actually been a regression in picture quality over the past few years.

Rage Patch 1.2 released

...for those 3 people of you who still care.

RAGE Patch Release Notes - February 2, 2011

The 1.2 update adds new features and addresses various compatibility and performance issues. At this time, if you have an ATI card, we recommend using these preview drivers.

Read the release notes from id below

Bit too fast paced for my kind of mech game, but still looks like it could be fun. Time to register in vain!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Very nice, although I'm yearning for a real simulation.

If the game is really a standard FPS that just includes mechs I wouldn't bet on its long term longevity.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor