RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

That sounds pretty cool, means there'll be a need for those sneaky lights (and teamwork, but that never happens online :p)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That sounds pretty cool, means there'll be a need for those sneaky lights (and teamwork, but that never happens online :p)

There's other blog posts and wo Q&A sessions, they're fairly interesting.

If this hasn't a story mode/campaign I'm not interested.

It does not. Why my interest in waning but I want to be excited.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

It does not. Why my interest in waning but I want to be excited.

I knew that already, actually. I just wanted to see how people are reacting, calling be a loser and all 'cause I don't have friends to play with them online.

Seriously though, what's wrong with having AA+ or AAA PC exclusive games nowadays featuring a beafy singleplayer campaign? We can't all just play browser games, MMOs and Anime-inspired Diablo clones to get our PC fix.

Edited by Morgoth

Single player campaigns have a logical progression that hopefully does something worthwhile (like telling a good story) in a reasonable amount of time. Its somewhat like reading a book or watching a movie.

Online gaming amounts to doing the same thing over and over for ages on end with none of the tight pacing of a single player campaign, no true progression through anything and no gratification because it all feels like an experiment in math and statistics.

Thus, I lost interest in MW when no 5 tanked.

****ing MMO's they just had to ruin everything. Can't get an online game that isn't based around a bloated RPG model of some sort.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Monies, yes.

Plus the "you need to be level 20 and pay 50 gold for training and vehicle" sounds suspiciously like real life to me.

I mean, I want to ROLE PLAY FFS, not stand in line at Azeroth Traffic Department for my giant lizard driving license.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

You loser, get some friends to play with online.

Is a shame it went F2P.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Single player campaigns have a logical progression that hopefully does something worthwhile (like telling a good story) in a reasonable amount of time. Its somewhat like reading a book or watching a movie.

Online gaming amounts to doing the same thing over and over for ages on end with none of the tight pacing of a single player campaign, no true progression through anything and no gratification because it all feels like an experiment in math and statistics.

Agreed, also why I do basically no online gaming at all.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yes, I agree. Plus multiplayer doesn't require the same level of skill for designers like a well-paced and well-though-out story campaign does.

Plus it's cheaper to make.

It's always about the moniez in the end, isn't it.

Different kind of design skill require for multiplayer, I wouldn't say its easier, but its much heavier on play-testing.

Certainly should be cheaper to make though.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Judging from the screenshots, the visual design is very uninspired but I'll play it anyway.

i think that xcom game looks pretty awesome.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If released in 2005 maybe

DeepWoods1280.jpg

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

One thing that would add to XCOM would be an engine like Silent Storm's. Physics for the win.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

god, that looks awful :(

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

i think the screenshot looks bad (bad angle, weak graphics), but the game "looks" good, ie the makers are saying things that have me interested

presumably the camera angle can be changed, so that shouldnt be an issue

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/10/arts/vid...?pagewanted=all

while not directly about a video game, this is somewhat big news, as D&D is maybe a tiny bit important to rpg's :(

Just like I said in the WH topic. DnD is dying (for the right reasons btw) and they are unable to revitalize it. The simplification in the 4th edition was a disaster and there's no return to the older variants, so they're stuck because their cash cow just might kick the bucket.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

i think the screenshot looks bad (bad angle, weak graphics), but the game "looks" good, ie the makers are saying things that have me interested

presumably the camera angle can be changed, so that shouldnt be an issue

I agree and I have faith in Firaxis. They earned a lot of respect for Alpha Centauri.

So I'm looking forward to finally trying this series for the first time regardless of the graphics.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Alpha Centauri happened in another lifetime :( that was a different Firaxis back then

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.