What are you playing now?

Saints Row The Third...

I just performed a breakout at an S&M club where the guy i needed to break out was turned into a "ponyboy" and harnessed to a cart... and we had a slow speed chase with him running, me in the back seat shooting at two other carts.

Then I beat somebody to death with a giant sex toy........

This is a very strange game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

No offense Hurlshot, but not all people around here like perverse...uhm, stuff?

For me, Saints Row 3 is so over the top about it, that its hard to really see it as smut. It's not just sophomoric humor, it lampoons that humor and makes everything ridiculously charming. It's brilliant.

But not everyone is into lampoons. I enjoyed Airplane, Naked Gun, Hot Shots, and Scary Movie. I think the Wayan's Brothers are awesome. So clearly this movie is in my wheelhouse.

Beating someone with a giant sex toy is satire?

I'm guessing you haven't watched "A Clockwork Orange"?

I have. I get how it's a reference to a film.

Now, how is it satire?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Beating someone with a giant sex toy is satire?

I'm guessing you haven't watched "A Clockwork Orange"?

I have. I get how it's a reference to a film.

Now, how is it satire?

Lampoonery is probably a better word. Asking me to explain this is like asking me to explain the humor of fart jokes. I'd rather not.

There's also the guy who talks ENTIRELY in auto-tune. Leaping out of a plane, floating down, jumping back through the plane (going through the front windshield then out the back again), diving to catch a girl, and landing...

And a few Indiana Jones references about a giant metal ball that is just rolling down the streets and the cops can't figure out how to make it stop.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There's also the guy who talks ENTIRELY in auto-tune. Leaping out of a plane, floating down, jumping back through the plane (going through the front windshield then out the back again), diving to catch a girl, and landing...

And a few Indiana Jones references about a giant metal ball that is just rolling down the streets and the cops can't figure out how to make it stop.

Wait until you get to the ending.. depending on just which choices you make.. there's going to be some really, really silly and overblown things happening.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Don't get shot.

That's part of the problem. I can't seem to avoid it. Even when I cause a distraction, after I've jumped down and beaten on Two Face, he's not dead yet. And next thing I know, his guys turn into snipers that can't miss me from across the room.

To win that part, all you have to do is take out Two Face. I knocked out two of his patrolling goons and when no one was around him, I swooped down and smacked him around. He dropped before anyone could get close enough to shoot me.

There just doesn't seem to be enough time. I beat this part on the easiest level the first time through because, if I recall, it basically took one time putting Two-Face down to finish him off. But on normal and above, you have to do it more than once. And that's where my issue arises. The gunmen all seem to return to his side and riddle me with bullets before I have a chance to put him down a second time and finish him off.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You could either try to take out all goons silently first, or raise the alarm and wait until Two-Face is isolated, then take him out. If Catwoman is fully upgraded there is enough time (use critical hits).

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

it took me about ten tries to beat that part, the attempt where i finished it felt so easy it was laughable. i have no idea what changed, my advice: just keep trying, sooner or later it will work.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Back to Jedi Outcast. Those Cortosis Reborn are enough to make me cheat my way through the game. Dance around, randomly swinging until one guy dies. Usually it'll be me and reload the save.

One on one I can handle. I can hope for a saberlock then push and get them while they're on the ground. But now they like to do two at a time and that's simply not enjoyable.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, Salvatore doing the writing = I have zero hopes for writing.

^^ what he said. The man's a hack, the icewind trilogy was pretty good (but I was like 12 at the time I read it, so YMMV), but even my teenage nerd self was unable to tell his later efforts apart.

Actually I think RA Salvatore might be a good fit for video game writing. He has simple and clean dialogue in his books, and he creates memorable characters.

Eh, like once and dined off it for, what, two decades?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well he does carry a sword called Twinkle.

I guess that makes him memorable.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I know it's cool to hate on things that are popular, but given that 90% of video game writing is absolute garbage, me thinks you folks are being a bit too picky.

I read his books over a decade ago and I remember a decent amount about a few of the characters. Considering my age and senility, he must have done something right.

I know it's cool to hate on things that are popular, but given that 90% of video game writing is absolute garbage, me thinks you folks are being a bit too picky.
90%, absolute garbage, and we are picky? :lol:

That's not picky, that's just the 10% rule.

Drizzt is obviously memorable, otherwise he wouldn't have spawned a legion of copycats.

One of my ridiculous parody runs of BG2 involved a dual Scimitar wielding Drow Ranger named Drizzl.

Then again, it also involved a Wild Mage named Schnorck, who stocked up on Reckless Dweomer's and almost nothing else.

Edited by TrueNeutral