The Drizzt Do'Urden Film and Video Game

Cutlock

For the Film:

Drizzt - Matthew Broderick, the character of Drizzt completely resembles Simba from Lion King to me. CGI Drizzt or Motion-Capture

Jarlaxle - Kevin Spacey, Bald works best

Artemis Entreri - Vin Diesel, I just find that Vin works out for this role, considering the fact that it kind of mirrors Riddick

Roddy McGristle - Tony Goldwyn, just grow a beard Tony

Morkai the Red - Michael Rooker

Wulfgar - I would say the John Corbett from 1992, but since that is not him anymore it has to be Keannu Reeves for me

Regis - Jay Mohr

Catti-Brie - Carla Guginio (Red-her bit*h)

Story: Probably a mix between Sojourn and Streams of Silver for me

For the game: Something Dragon Ageish

am recalling a guy we played ball with in high school. we can still 'member him going into painstaking detail 'bout how he would spend his 100 million dollars if/when he won the lottery. he had plans 'bout how to deal with taxes and how he would choose between lump sum or payments. am recalling he had a car picked out... and not just the car but all the features and which dealership 'n such. would set aside some for college, and some for his mom. he were seriously considering the benefits o' stocks over real estate investments. etc. dork. the guy were a dork. were kinda funny to watch him seriously debate that which were never gonna happen. anyways, for some reason we is recalling the guy from high school who were planning out how to spend his anticipated lottery winnings.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

i think as i get older, i start liking gromnir more and more.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Personally, Drizzt should be CGI. Why would I chose Broderick as him? Its simple, I love his voice and the character of Simba reminds me of Drizzt a lot. I mean look at it: Simba, exiled from his home due to its treacherous inhabitents (Ed and Scar); Drizzt, exiled from his home due to its treacherous inhabitants (Matron Malice and his sisters).

Now I chose older actors for this very reason: I like the developed Drizzt in a Thousand Orcs far better than the one in Sojourn, but I like the story of Sojourn and Streams of Silver better than a Thousand Orcs story.

Keanu Reeves - I guess he is not the right choice for a live-action movie (seeing that picture up there), but he can pull of an animated film.

Vin Diesal - Yes, he can pull of Entreri, I mean in Fast 5, he has a motif for vengeance, seen very clearly, in Pitch Black, he has a motif to escape, in this he has a motif to best Drizzt. His characters just need a motif.

baldurs gate movie would be atrocious.

and as much as i love torment, it would make a terrible movie too.

most video games would make bad movies.

That doesn't stop Uwe Boll.

Uwe Boll doesn't even follow the games he makes movies of...he castrates them and then uses the remains to create some sort of bloody mess.

Though I do have an unnatural liking for Name of the King or whatever their Dungeon Siege movie was called...probably just because I'm a fan of the main actor and Reynolds...

the only video game movie i can think of that wasn't terrible was Silent Hill, that was merely "not very good"

the first two resident evil movies are fun to watch because they are so bad, same as mortal kombat and street fighter: the movie. but as far as genuinely good film-making goes, there are no good video game movies.

edit: alone in the dark is HYSTERICAL. watch it with friends, drink a lot. make a double feature out of that movie and The Room

The animated Street Fighter Movie was actually surprisingly good. I'd rate that as a good movie. It was even anime, and I'm not a huge anime fan like some are.

am recalling a guy we played ball with in high school. we can still 'member him going into painstaking detail 'bout how he would spend his 100 million dollars if/when he won the lottery. he had plans 'bout how to deal with taxes and how he would choose between lump sum or payments. am recalling he had a car picked out... and not just the car but all the features and which dealership 'n such. would set aside some for college, and some for his mom. he were seriously considering the benefits o' stocks over real estate investments. etc. dork. the guy were a dork. were kinda funny to watch him seriously debate that which were never gonna happen. anyways, for some reason we is recalling the guy from high school who were planning out how to spend his anticipated lottery winnings.

HA! Good Fun!

Fictitious update...5 years ago that dork won the Multi Millions lottery for 50 million dollars...unfortunately despite all his planning I think he spent it all...on lottery tickets and didn't win again.

Edited by greylord

I knew a guy who was a poisonous opinionated buttwad, whose only pleasure in life was urinating on other people's dreams.

Sorry. What were we talking about?

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I knew a guy who was a poisonous opinionated buttwad, whose only pleasure in life was urinating on other people's dreams.

Holy crap, long time no see, man!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Holy crap, long time no see, man!

:( :(

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

fictitious update:

that dork is probably an investment banker now and rolling in dough. meticulous planner obsessed with money...

wait, maybe he is a bank robber.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Perfect story for the film (Its a mix of Streams of Silver and Sojourn):

Drizzt Do'Urden is relentlessly pursued by his family out of the Underdark and rescued by Mooshie. Out of Mooshie's neighbors, Roddy McGristle grows deep resentment to the Drow. Eventually, the black elf accidentally gets McGristle's dog killed causing the black elf to flee Mundalbar. After meeting up with a ragtag group: a halfling, a human girl and a barbarian, Drizzt escapes McGristle. Unknown to him, the halfling is being pursued by a Artemis Entreri who takes an intrest in Drizzt. When they come to a rest at Citadel Adbar, Entreri kidnaps the halfling and takes him down a tunnel of Adbar where he is pursued by Drizzt. They end up in Mithral Hall where an epic fight scene occurs and eventually Drizzt ends up victorious. When Drizzt and the gang enter Icewind Dale, Drizzt is attacked by McGristle who is sent off with his dogs. Bruenor and Drizzt gain a friendship but unknown to Drizzt, he is being watched by Entreri.

Now, who could make this story good: Peter Jackson.

Put a part in there for Biff Hardcheese and you got yourself a deal, buddy.

-Elwood Blues

Here's a good contender for Drizzt:

arts-graphics-2008_1130787a.jpg

He's got the moves and the looks, he just needs different face paint.

I don't know who that is, but in that getup at least, he's definitely more how I'd envision Drizzt.

Vin Diesal - Yes, he can pull of Entreri, I mean in Fast 5, he has a motif for vengeance, seen very clearly, in Pitch Black, he has a motif to escape, in this he has a motif to best Drizzt. His characters just need a motif.

Oh, I didn't mean that Diesal couldn't maybe act the part....but he does not, in my mind at least, look the part at all.

I just cannot picture Entreri, who is a very agile, very fast, "lean," "wiry" and not very tall swordsman being played by tallish, large-biceped, muscular, somewhat broad/rounded face Diesal. I guess I think of someone more along the lines of, say, a Bruce Lee body type. (same for Drizzt, really, who's supposed to be even shorter than Entreri)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

that dude would probably make a better dantrag

I don't know who that is, but in that getup at least, he's definitely more how I'd envision Drizzt.

Name's Luke Goss and he plays the prince monster with incestuous affections towards his sister in every Guillermo del Toro movie. Since Guille is making a game I expect he will be there. :yucky:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Luke Goss???

No. If you put him in another theatrical film, the film industry will die. You see, all these characters can pull it off, I once knew a guy that did not believe in evolution. I told him that it was just the concept of one thing becoming greater, not necessarily an ape becoming a man, but rather lets say a video game in which a player controls a dwarf, a sequel in which the player can control either a dwarf or a human and a third game in which the character's sex can be chosen. He did not believe me, whilst I made money off of Evolva.

True Story.

You see, as movie actors go through more films the actors develop a much better sense as to acting as better characters. In a sense they evolve. So now in his career, Toby Maguire can only play the protagonist, but ten years from now like Orlando Bloome, he will play an antagonist, it can be vice versa as well. Look at how long Broderick has been in the game. I think he can act as Szass Tamm if necessary, but his voice puts him in as a perfect Drizzt.

Now, if you say that Vin cannot be stealthy then watch Pitch Black.

Kevin Spacey is old enough to have developed a variety of different characters in his HEAD. Now read this: Jarlaxle is always more cunning than action-necessary, he is also over 500 years old. Watch Superman Returns, Kevin is over 50 years old.

I'm a sucker for Christopher Lee. Always thought he would have made a good "Fizban" in a Dragonlance dramatization.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

fools..... ;P

it should be either live-action trilogy or tv series

here is the line-up:

Drizzt - Christian Bale (just imagine his face covered in Drow skin makeup) or Sam Worthington

Zaknafein - Russel Crowe

Bruenor - hard choice, i would say Ray Winstone

Wulfgar - this should be Vin Diesel or Tom Hardy

Catti-brie - Scralett Johansson or Bryce Dallas Howard

Regis - Simon Pegg

Artemis Entreri - Christian Bale or Sam Worthington

i think it would be easy to pack a book trilogy into one 3-hour long movie

[EDIT}

when it comes to a video game - it should be open world action rpg based on first 3 books with combat and platforming based on PoP Warrior Within

Edited by cheyyen

Regis - Simon Pegg

If the digitally shorten a fat Simon Pegg, I could maybe see that.

....but I have a feeling I'd like an animated/anime film version/s of the books much more than a live-action one. Knowing Hollywood they'd try to figure out how to cast Justin Bieber as Regis or something.

While I loved LotR film trilogy as a fantasy/action epic, to this day I still can't stand who they picked to be Frodo. Every time he's on screen I get annoyed. Something like that would happen to me while trying to watch a live action Drizzt series film and I'd start to rage and throw things against the screen. ;)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts