How do you edit a post on here?

SilentBob420BMFJ

There should be an EDIT button right next to + QUOTE and "REPLY." I do not recall if we have a time limit on editing or not, that may be preventing you from doing it to your earlier posts.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If I do editing it's always in the first few seconds of hitting "post." Usually from typos or wanting to clarify a sentence or two.

The time limit was implemented a while back....I can see how it'd be bothersome if you're trying to edit the first post of some info/link thread I guess, but generally not an issue here. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This seems like a relevant thread that's going to go on for 50 pages.

Seriously can we type whatever we want here as long as we edit?

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What boggles me is that I can't spot typos until after I post something, but as soon as I do, to the microsecond, all the typos jump out at me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What boggles me is that I can't spot typos until after I post something, but as soon as I do, to the microsecond, all the typos jump out at me.

But then it's too late, because if you fix the typos, your post is forever tainted with that ugly little edit message.

I wish they'd make it like on other boards where the edit message doesn't pop up if you edit within a few minutes of posting. It's unnecessary.

But then it's too late, because if you fix the typos, your post is forever tainted with that ugly little edit message.

I wish they'd make it like on other boards where the edit message doesn't pop up if you edit within a few minutes of posting. It's unnecessary.

Nay, the edit message separates the men from the boys. How else are we supposed to know who kept rewriting his post into something eloquent and who's a bona fide natural at it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yep. Except these days, I find 50 % of them after I can no longer edit the post.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Nay, the edit message separates the men from the boys. How else are we supposed to know who kept rewriting his post into something eloquent and who's a bona fide natural at it.

I have to agree with Orogun.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.