Deus Ex 3

So, after the enthusiastic first impressions, I've already started seeing people arguing that it's overhyped, not really enough Deus Ex-y, and clearly flawed. When will it start to suck, so that it goes down in price and I can buy it? :)
Have you actually read their comments? Most are kinda gibberish...and even some who give actual "examples" of how DXHR is lesser than the original don't seem to notice these factors are existent in the original Deus Ex...such as ventilator crawling...some even claim that modded Deus Ex has much better graphic...there are some more but, read them by yourself if you don't value your time. I have no idea why they need to bother writing such "reviews"... Personally, I found people who write overall positively about the game tend to give keener criticisms.

I would have liked to have seen lock picking, melee and another city hub. That would have made it as good as the first one. Well apart from the fact that the plot wasn't as interesting, but plots are overrated anyway. It's how you get there.
Plot has its ups and downs. I, personally would like it better without cartoony villains and similarly cartoony conspiracy theory, which would have gotten rid of boss battles, too. Some factors felt mutually exclusive but I guess they needed to balance the content with mainstream standards. While some factors try to be taken seriously, some other factors won't allow the players to take them seriously.

That's a pretty good analysis.

I guess I like it so much because I have so much trouble taking anything seriously. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Eidos Montreal had planned more City Hubs

An interview with JJB and Frank Lapikas, mentions how they'd actually planned there to be streets in Montreal, a seperate hub for Upper Hengsha (most of which had actually been built), and even a small hub in India somewhere.. but due to constraints they'd had to cut them down.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Eidos Montreal had planned more City Hubs

An interview with JJB and Frank Lapikas, mentions how they'd actually planned there to be streets in Montreal, a seperate hub for Upper Hengsha (most of which had actually been built), and even a small hub in India somewhere.. but due to constraints they'd had to cut them down.

I guess we can expect some, if not all, of these in future DLC then.

Fortune favors the bald.

Quite a lot actually. Segue was the wrong choice of word as I'm looking forward to whatever DLC is upcoming for HR and I think the way they're discretely attaching it to the main story is a nice way of doing it. The story works just fine without the Tong or Missing Link segments but if I can get more missions to play through then I'm all for that.

Edited by Serrano

I guess I like it so much because I have so much trouble taking anything seriously. :p
. Well, I understand black humor but I think game industry is full of it now.

The video is overexaggerating a bit, though. :>
That's a point of humor, which makes less accurate as an analysis but better for a catharsis. :)

I guess I like it so much because I have so much trouble taking anything seriously. :)
. Well, I understand black humor but I think game industry is full of it now.

I've seen worse things.

Well, the plot takes a huge nose-dive after Heng Shai/Heng Shan/whatever. Gotta love cutscene-induced stupidity.

Yup, Jensen's a dolt in that scene. Just finished it, and yeah it does go down after you finish up in China.

Fighting zombies in Panchea, woo.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Where the heck can you buy more of those stop and nuke software things to slow down the hacking? I'm out, and I cannot finish this current quest because the timer just goes down too fast for me to possibly finish without using those things.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Can get a lot of them in datastores, nuke mostly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

it took me a while to realize something obvious. There is no limit to how many takeovers you can do at the same time other than what paths are open. Same goes for fortify. So the minute the alarm triggers you should attempt every open path at the same time, and then fortify whatever nodes are not captured. it requires some fast mouse clicking, but you get used to it.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Also, some of the hacks let you hack the registry. If you do, you automatically "win" the hack and pick up all the datastores, even if you haven't captured them yourself.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I enjoyed the Panchea section, I thought it was suitably creepy at first. The zombies were pretty easy to get around too.

Eh, wasn't that creepy, just annoying, but to each his own. Would have preferred if some would ignore you due to their state (maybe they do I dunno, I gassed them, typhooned if I had to push through them). Wasn't a terrible level, but just a grade lower than everything else. The end with the

three buttons and the audio explanation

was a comedic moment at least :)

Personally I have to say that the zombies wouldn't have been so bad if you had the ability to get in a fist fight.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I enjoyed the Panchea section, I thought it was suitably creepy at first. The zombies were pretty easy to get around too.

Agreed, the slow build-up was IMO suitably atmospheric.

I don't know what "running yourself a wolf" means but I much prefer my hud without them, even if I did get lost in Heng Sha a couple of times.

There are also a lot of people who prefer the highlighting on, saying how difficult it can be to find things amongst the clutter. Personally I like using my own two eyeballs to find stuff, but maybe that's the Thief fan in me.