Cheering the f*** up

Walsingham

Well ok, happens with my hobbies if I just overfocus on it then it becomes a habit and not as much fun, hehe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On the subject of *ahem* romance, my main trouble at the moment is that at least three women have expressed a keen interest recently, but IMO they're far too mad. Evidence 1: they are keen on me.

Become a Mormon and marry all three. Problem solved :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On the subject of *ahem* romance, my main trouble at the moment is that at least three women have expressed a keen interest recently, but IMO they're far too mad. Evidence 1: they are keen on me.

Is this meant to flow along the lines of "I would never join a club that was willing to accept me as a member"?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well 'too many' can be a lot. Do something enough and it loses all appeal, no ?

I dimly recall this not being the case.

While I have a somewhat larger ego, as in I don't believe an interest in me to be symptomatic of insanity, unfortunately the young ladies who have recently professed an interest towards me are, indeed, barking mad.

Maybe he's f***ed too many people and got bored with it?

Oh you feminist-brainwashed misguided fools. You don't get bored from ****ing many people. You get bored from ****ing the one and the same.

I'm pretty sure plenty of feminists would agree with you.

No, they would say that I'm a male chauvinist pig, and their right to choose and keep choosing is completely irrelevant to the subject. Then they would proceed to run this website through: http://regender.com/index.html

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I really don't know how one would go about cheering the f*** up. I'm always quite cheery when I'm f***ing, so I've never thought to ask.

Maybe you're f***ing the wrong people?

am gonna admit that there has been a handful o' times we were not particular cheerful while f***ing. wrong person. wrong situation. just plain wrong.am hardly proud or happy to recollect, but not every ****ing encounter has been devoid o' immediate or future regret. perhaps if Gromnir drank alcohol it would reduce the immediate regret factor we has suffered infrequent. such situations has been few, but they has been noteworthy.

also, am to think that the real challenge is to be genuine cheerful when you personal f***ed up. am conversely jealous of, and angered by, peoples who can makes a mess o' things and move forward blissful and w/o any o' that maudlin self-recrimination we typical indulge in for some indeterminate period o' time.

'pon reflection, the Gromnir f***ed up events and the cheerless f***ing moments frequently occur sequential for us. yet another reason to take up drinking... or not.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I like the word f***. I think it shows a bit of a disconnect with modern society that these boards still censor it.

you realize that the disconnect may not be with the boards and modern society, right?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I like the word f***. I think it shows a bit of a disconnect with modern society that these boards still censor it.

you realize that the disconnect may not be with the boards and modern society, right?

HA! Good Fun!

F*** that!

My friend's favourite word is c***. I almost agree with her, but it's harder to say that around your boss without getting a reprimand.

HA! Good Fun!

F*** that!

My friend's favourite word is c***. I almost agree with her, but it's harder to say that around your boss without getting a reprimand.

am thinking you just proved our point. today, profanity is more acceptable in popular entertainment, but even in australia we suspect that profanity-filled discourse is frowned 'pon in business context. some clown calls up asking if you wanna change your f***ing cellphone provider? you want f***ing fries with that? these boards IS advertising space.

oh, and we can just imagine using profanity in meetings with some o' our asian, arab, and those devoutly christian african clients.

*snort*

people often sees their little corner o' the world as representing modern society. am thinking it is a mistake to do so.

HA! Good Fun!

oh, and we can just imagine using profanity in meetings with some o' our asian, arab, and those devoutly christian african clients.

*snort*

people often sees their little corner o' the world as representing modern society. am thinking it is a mistake to do so.

HA! Good Fun!

It's entertaining, isn't it. Took me weeks to drop out all the extras I'd picked up from mostly talking with cops after I switched jobs. :)

HA! Good Fun!

F*** that!

am thinking you just proved our point. today, profanity is more acceptable in popular entertainment, but even in australia we suspect that profanity-filled discourse is frowned 'pon in business context. some clown calls up asking if you wanna change your f***ing cellphone provider? you want f***ing fries with that? these boards IS advertising space.

*snort*

HA! Good Fun!

What a load of f***ing rubbish. Nothing wrong with a good f*** every now and then.

My dear Krez, it is precisely because f*** is so commonly used that it is good to have it banned here. Forces one to think a little more than usual.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I like to use the words they use in crappy dubbing. So forget you monkey-loving fuddy duddies. My favourite was "Judas Priest!" instead of "Jesus Christ!" :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like to use the words they use in crappy dubbing. So forget you monkey-loving fuddy duddies. My favourite was "Judas Priest!" instead of "Jesus Christ!" :)

Lt. Hunter used to use that for real in Hill Street Blues.

My favourite approximation is 'feth'. because I'm unstylish, even for a nerd.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well 'too many' can be a lot. Do something enough and it loses all appeal, no ?

I dimly recall this not being the case.

Wals... you live in a nation that was ruled by a syphilitic King who managed to produce at least 20 bastards, had a best friend who wrote homo-erotic and regular erotic poetry, and had women throwing themselves at him even as his previous mistresses were dying from what they contracted in his bed... oh, and he screwed two mistresses on his wedding night.

I don't think that having three women interested in a slightly grumbly old fuddy duddy is evidence of insanity.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

some clown calls up asking if you wanna change your f***ing cellphone provider? you want f***ing fries with that?

:lol:

Maybe you should consider a career in marketing. I'm only half-joking - there's a lot of people like Krez.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

profanity is most frequent a convenient conversational shorthand for the uneducated and the unimaginative. some urban-dwelling baboon with an internet connection and a driver's license finds himself unable to hurl fecal matter at fellow apes due to entrenched social mores or the threat o' criminal prosecution... so instead resorts to throwing the verbal equivalent. certain stressful situations may reduce the more advanced primate to krez-like status, which is why profanity is so common 'mongst cops and soldiers. similarly, alcohol and drugs numb the brain so that profanity leaks forth like verbal diarrhea. if one gets the opportunity, listen to a group o' sloshed irish litigators in a bar... is amusing. regardless, even when profanity is appropriate given the circumstances, (e.g bob gets pushed off a 30-story building and yells, "Oh, f***!") it is still little more than a crutch.

that being said, am recalling a lady o' ill repute we had the misfortune o' interviewing once. although her hygiene were more than a little suspect, her profanity filled verbal acrobatics were as overwhelming as were her breath and body odor. some o' her more colorful curses has left permanent stains on our memory... were genuine awe-inspiring. uneducated she may have been, but there were no doubting her creativity. felt a near uncontrollable urge to applaud once she ran out o' steam.

HA! Good Fun!

ps keep in mind that we ain't saying that there is something wrong with using profanity. while we feel little urge to indulge, is not as if profanity use makes a person bad. sure, it does show lack o' creativity, and it ain't near as commonplace or as acceptable as krez suggests, but is nothing immoral 'bout profanity... 'least not as far as Gromnir is concerned.

Edited by Gromnir

I dunno, I think it depends partly on the language (and culture, of course). Swearing in Finnish, all those lovely rolling Rs... very therapeutical and soothing. And as anyone who's seen the first Matrix sequel (y'know, the one where you still thought they could salvage it with a good third installment?) knows, swearing is French is like wiping your ass with silk...

Hm, they swear a bit much at my office, usually when complaining about a client or something. Does seem a bit off putting to me not marking them as stupid or low class really, but just something about it seems wrong to me, heh. I've decided to cut down on my swearing as a result, working quite well at least if I use "fark" as a substitute :lol: