What you did today

Tale

.. and I keep hearing the argument between the Cthulhu cultists "It's a star!" "No! It's a tree!" "It's a star!!" "Tree!!" "If you try using a tree sign to summon the great evil one you'll be...."

Edit: Okay.. maybe I've listened to a Shoggoth on the Roof a few times too many..

:sorcerer:

Still waiting for the cd's to arrive in my mailbox. Bought it together with the two Cthulhu carols cd's (and a tentacle)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's being projected as rolling up the east coast and gathering steam. It's currently a Cat 2/3 and is expected to hit Cat 4 before landfall last I knew.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That worries me more than some earthquake.

Aren't you from California?

Anyways, today I lit a candle to wish Steve Jobs a happy retirement. May death come swiftly to his enemies (except Bill Gates[he dies slowly])

If you've any spare candles, bung my enemies in as well, would you. i'll return the favour some day.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had some crappy dreams which didn't start me off in the best of moods this morning, then I found Amazon had done a bit of a balls up so I'm its quite likely I'm going to have to wait several more days for my copy of Deus Ex to arrive.

The puppy keeps trying to eat the cat, and I'm trying to not let it get on my last nerve and vent my general air of irritation on him unfairly.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had some crappy dreams which didn't start me off in the best of moods this morning, then I found Amazon had done a bit of a balls up so I'm its quite likely I'm going to have to wait several more days for my copy of Deus Ex to arrive.

Care to share? Might lessen my annoyedness at having lost out on the Aug Ed from them... ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Anyways, today I lit a candle to wish Steve Jobs a happy retirement. May death come swiftly to his enemies (except Bill Gates[he dies slowly])

I can't wait to see what happens when Jobs dies. The poor Apple faithful will be devastated, there'll be black turtlenecks of mourning everywhere.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I can't wait to see what happens when Jobs dies. The poor Apple faithful will be devastated, there'll be black turtlenecks of mourning everywhere.

Dude. Seek help.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Care to share? Might lessen my annoyedness at having lost out on the Aug Ed from them... :wowey:

Eh, nothing too bizarre. Although I consider it freaking weird. I pre-ordered it back in December. Since then, my credit card expired, and I updated my amazon account with my new one.

But apparently, when you update a credit card on your Amazon account, it doesn't actually link it to any open orders you have. you have to go into any open order you have and change the details within it, rather then just your overall account details...

So when it was supposed to have been posted.. I suddenly find out that they're having credit card issues because they're trying to charge the expired card rather then the new one (and by new, I mean, several months old..)

And then, even though I'm supposed to get free next day delivery, they're doing the "delivery estimate 27-30" ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thta's because the 'authorisation' when you placed the order is the one used to process the order.

What?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*stretches*

*thinks: Stretching is great. I haven't had a good stretch in ages. I wonder wh...*

SNA-CRUNCH

*thinks: Oh yes, that's right. I have airfix ribs*

;)

-Elwood Blues

Dude. Seek help.

Ahh come on, it's a joke on Apple zealots. ;)

Deaths of public figures does tend to produce rather silly displays. MP died here, have people crying in the street, leaving messages to...er the dead guy, candlelight vigil, the whole works. Today is another fun day of listening to the smart developers bitch about how dumb the clients are, their wives (bunch of whipped bastards) and the application being sucky. :wowey:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Found out that my school is doing a "survive the zombie apocolypse" lecture and a mythbusters lecture.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Anyone know anything about Hurricane Irene? I'm assuming the media is hyping it up but today I found out we're being forced to move into University a few days early to avoid move in day being drowned out by it.

From what I understand, NJ guv' just declared a state of emergency not long ago.

edit: voluntary evacuations for pretty much all shore areas.

Edited by Syraxis

Anyone know anything about Hurricane Irene? I'm assuming the media is hyping it up but today I found out we're being forced to move into University a few days early to avoid move in day being drowned out by it.

From what I understand, NJ guv' just declared a state of emergency not long ago.

Holy clagnuts! Hope you guys are going to be OK.

-Elwood Blues

Thanks :) We've dealt with hurricanes before, though not often. I still have small recollections of what I think is Hurricane Andrew when I was young.

I live on the western side of NJ close to the border of Pennsylvania and the now mandatory evacs are mainly for those who live on or near the ocean (as the eye of the storm is expected to hit Cape May). My house has plenty of water and canned goods just in the case the worst happens. I'm going to run out first in the morning to get batteries and a few other things. Other than that we'll just have to wait and see.

Believe it or not; despite mandatory evacuations being called, some living in those areas think it's cool to "ride it out". Well, those who are doing so were given a good suggestion...

This thread on reddit /r/NewJersey is good for anyone interested.

Commute took way longer today, not sure where this traffic came from though. Sad that people can't even road rage right here, on the way home, in front of the bus stop one guy can't go into the intersection due to traffic, guy 3 cars behind him gets out and yells "Move! you...you...YOU WHITE BITCH!" and shakes his fist. Everyone started laughing, then the guy started cussing us out, heh.

Today I found inner peace and reconciled with the fact that my PC's repairs will take another week, on the other hand it frees me up to invite random classamates to dinner. Which went swimmingly, another week without a high end PC and I may actually reproduce.

Oh the Humanity! :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Thanks :) We've dealt with hurricanes before, though not often. I still have small recollections of what I think is Hurricane Andrew when I was young.

I live on the western side of NJ close to the border of Pennsylvania and the now mandatory evacs are mainly for those who live on or near the ocean (as the eye of the storm is expected to hit Cape May). My house has plenty of water and canned goods just in the case the worst happens. I'm going to run out first in the morning to get batteries and a few other things. Other than that we'll just have to wait and see.

Believe it or not; despite mandatory evacuations being called, some living in those areas think it's cool to "ride it out". Well, those who are doing so were given a good suggestion...

This thread on reddit /r/NewJersey is good for anyone interested.

Last hurricane I remember was Floyd..But I couldn't have been more than 9 or 10.

Rutgers moved their move-in day up to this saturday...boy a bunch of college kids locked in a dorm during a hurricane, what ever will we do!

another week without a high end PC and I may actually reproduce.

Oh the Humanity! :no:

:):lol: :lol:

-Elwood Blues

Rutgers moved their move-in day up to this saturday...boy a bunch of college kids locked in a dorm during a hurricane, what ever will we do!

Hmm...ever read Lord of the Flies ?

Today's on another fun experiences when browsing the web with another's PC journal : "Yahoo. seems fixated in searching for the Obsidia forums Futa, somehow"

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Update from HURRICANE DANGER ZONE NORTH NEW JERSEY:

everyone is overreacting. went to the super market to go food shopping (not emergency, bomb-shelter food shopping, just regular "i need food" food shopping), and almost got run over by sheltered suburban mothers buying every last bottle of water.