What you did today

Tale

I know a way to gurantee the cancer won't kill you.

We hire a Brazilian to shoot you.

Cheered my mum up.

~

I hesitate to say this because I don't exactly have all the facts, but IL2 sounds like a bum deal. Survival in these medical terms usually means lasting more than 5 years. For an equivalent risk of dying immediately I don't see the advantage, really.

~~

We adopted the immune deficiency paradigm for my mother's treatment, which hit stage three soon after being diagnosed. The foundation of this response is that cancer arises from a weakened immune system failing in its daily job of weeding out cancer. And that in instances where patients beat cancer taking (for example) holy water it's the immune system doing the work.

This means having as simple and sensible a diet as you can stand without compromising your morale, taking exercise, plenty of water, and keeping a positive fighting outlook. The issue of morale is key since we know that depressive or subordinate people often suffer weakened immune responses. It also meant applying chemo and alternative treatments where their action would not critcially compomise the imune system. Where it did so at all we would act to renew the immune system as fast as possible following completion of the treatment.

Obviously, as you know, my mother only lasted just shy of five years so didn't technically survive. But on the other hand her initial prognosis was only six months.

The biggest advantage of the immune paradgm is that irrespective of the efficacy I can attest to its creating a high quality of life in the end period. Which, compared to people who get banjo'd by a bus sucks but is better.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

LOL. I haven't done that since school. Shredded 8 large boxes to get over being dumped, one time. Hell of a mess.

Happy days...

Lucky thing about not bothering with this whole 'relationship' nonsense :) Anyway need to get these into tiny bits for recylcing purposes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Drank a large glass of water.. then read online that Copenhagen's water supply is contaminated with E-Coli.. promptly drank a pint of Coca-Cola to remedy to situation.

I prescribe a pint of gin.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Drank a large glass of water.. then read online that Copenhagen's water supply is contaminated with E-Coli.. promptly drank a pint of Coca-Cola to remedy to situation.

I prescribe a pint of gin.

I wish.. I'm stuck with cheap vodka, which I'm currently pouring down like there's no tomorrow - given the fact that my stomach started to complain. I foresee incoherent babbling in about 20 min.

Fortune favors the bald.

kidney cancer

I think you should change your kidney cancer to more masculine testicle cancer. That's what true men have... in both of their testicles.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Well, one of my friends is stuck in that his sweety happens to be in the middle of her postgraduate thesis. So he's been warned of foul happenings if he turns up to distract her.

So I went with movies and distracted him with explosions and such as we drank port and smoked cigars. First Battle Los Angeles, and then Conan The Destroyer.

Although technically, the port and cigars was during the first movie. Conan had us on the tequilla shots from the good tequilla his gf's mother had sent him from mexico city.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, one of my friends is stuck in that his sweety happens to be in the middle of her postgraduate thesis. So he's been warned of foul happenings if he turns up to distract her.

So I went with movies and distracted him with explosions and such as we drank port and smoked cigars. First Battle Los Angeles, and then Conan The Destroyer.

Although technically, the port and cigars was during the first movie. Conan had us on the tequilla shots from the good tequilla his gf's mother had sent him from mexico city.

I heartily approve of this message. I'm trying to temporarily abandon my thesis and go watch cap'n america next week. Maybe.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Don't trust any water just yet. I'm on round two with stomach cramps and the runs because a certain buddy of mine thought he was sure he wasn't in an effected area.

Flat full fat coke. Drink a tonne of it. Only problem in serious cases is it makes it harder to tell when your guts start bleeding. :lol:

Commiserations, anyway.

-Elwood Blues

Chest muscles are so tight been having trouble breathing. It's like I'm running a race against my body, can I finish this thesis and start working out again before it kills me?

Chest muscles are so tight been having trouble breathing. It's like I'm running a race against my body, can I finish this thesis and start working out again before it kills me?

Surely you have time to work out a BIT? twenty minute brisk stroll with a notepad?

-Elwood Blues

Well hopefully you don't die.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Surely you have time to work out a BIT? twenty minute brisk stroll with a notepad?

On most days I do just that, but obviously it's not enough... Happily have some muscle relaxants, feeling a lot better now.

Well hopefully you don't die.

Gee, thanks. :ermm:

Edited by Nepenthe

So, working as usual. The worst part about weekends is that people don't post on forums as much, so I can't flush my brain at regular intervals. :lol:

You could always argue with yourself. Sure a moderator may complain, but eh. Today is cleaning day, the tireless battle against dust continues.

You could always argue with yourself. Sure a moderator may complain, but eh. Today is cleaning day, the tireless battle against dust continues.

But that's too proactive, I can barely hold one opinion at the moment, never mind multiple ones. :lol:

Actually kind of had a fairly peaceful day so far.

A bit of a snooze in, some idle pc game time, some reading. Nothing that's really called for much hassle...

I finally had an email from BT 'apologising' for my poor service and decision to leave them. They asked if we could discuss my remaining a customer ...then told me that if I left I would be charged ?24 for leaving my contract early.

I did consider ringing you back to discuss this, but the information that I would be charged ?24 if I did leave was just the icing on the god damned cake. You may inform your superiors that charging me for leaving BT is as certain a method as I can conceive of for making me not just leave, but never come back. Does no-one see how insulting and futile such a measure is? If you can identify the half-wit who devised that little jig, then I would be obliged if you would convey my heartfelt and bottomless contempt.

-Elwood Blues

Well the night ended yesterday with the cat managing to slip out of the house..so there was the fun of trying to catch a black persian at night.

Then I had that morning start where I woke up early..and ended up slipping in and out of sleep, consciousness and half-daze for an hour or so before I could stir myself.

Other than work, just reading the news. Killing myself laughing at the comments on news articles about Jack Layton's death. Politician dies from cancer, now endless grief across the nation for the loss of this now great man, heh.

This one takes the cake :

"We lost a truly great Canadian today, and with his loss comes time for Canadians to do what we do best ? come together and support each other in this time of immense loss."

People sure are funny.