Bomb and shooting in Norway

Walsingham

You want us together but distinct, eh?

Oh, that would be so beautiful. Toilets marked "Christian Men", with the appropriate foreskin check at the door.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

One of the survivors at Utoya wrote an open letter to Breivik. I thought it would be good to repost it here to show what's going on in Norway right now.

Dear Anders Behring Brevik

Many of my comrades who I met at Utoya is killed, and it is you who is the perpetrator. You are the man who randomly did not kill me. I was lucky.

You may think you've won. You may think you've ruined it for the Labor Party and people around the world, which stands for the multi-cultural society by killing my friends and party colleagues.

You should know that it has failed.

You have not only assembled the world you have set our souls on fire, and we have never before been united as we do now.

You refer to yourself as a hero, knight. You're not a hero. But one thing is certain. You have created heroes. At Utoya, on that hot day in July, you made ​​some of the greatest heroes of the world has ever seen. You've gathered all the world's people. Black as a white man as a woman, a child as an adult, red as blue, Christian as Muslim.

You have made your victims martyrs, immortals, and you have shown the world that when a person can show as much hatred as you have done, think how much love we can show that when we stand together? People who I thought hated me, gave me hugs on the street, people I have not had contact with for years has written 3-400 word on how much it means to them that I survived. What can you say about that? Have you broken something? You have united us.

You have killed my friends, but you have not killed our case, our opinions, our right to express ourselves. Muslim women have received hugs from random Norwegian women on the street, and your goal was to protect Europe for Islam? Your work has acted against his intention, we have created a community.

You do not deserve thanks, you deserve just to hear how your plan worked. Many are angry, you are Norway's most hated man. I'm not angry. I fear you not. You can not touch us, we are bigger than you. We do not respond to evil with evil, as you would do. We fight evil with good. And we win.

By Benjamin Ostebo.

Lazy google translation.

A big **** you to intolerance and violence. I really like it.

May multiculturalism live on long after I am dead.

One of the survivors at Utoya wrote an open letter to Breivik. I thought it would be good to repost it here to show what's going on in Norway right now.

Dear Anders Behring Brevik

Many of my comrades who I met at Utoya is killed, and it is you who is the perpetrator. You are the man who randomly did not kill me. I was lucky.

You may think you've won. You may think you've ruined it for the Labor Party and people around the world, which stands for the multi-cultural society by killing my friends and party colleagues.

You should know that it has failed.

You have not only assembled the world you have set our souls on fire, and we have never before been united as we do now.

You refer to yourself as a hero, knight. You're not a hero. But one thing is certain. You have created heroes. At Utoya, on that hot day in July, you made ​​some of the greatest heroes of the world has ever seen. You've gathered all the world's people. Black as a white man as a woman, a child as an adult, red as blue, Christian as Muslim.

You have made your victims martyrs, immortals, and you have shown the world that when a person can show as much hatred as you have done, think how much love we can show that when we stand together? People who I thought hated me, gave me hugs on the street, people I have not had contact with for years has written 3-400 word on how much it means to them that I survived. What can you say about that? Have you broken something? You have united us.

You have killed my friends, but you have not killed our case, our opinions, our right to express ourselves. Muslim women have received hugs from random Norwegian women on the street, and your goal was to protect Europe for Islam? Your work has acted against his intention, we have created a community.

You do not deserve thanks, you deserve just to hear how your plan worked. Many are angry, you are Norway's most hated man. I'm not angry. I fear you not. You can not touch us, we are bigger than you. We do not respond to evil with evil, as you would do. We fight evil with good. And we win.

By Benjamin Ostebo.

Lazy google translation.

Fat chance, the eventual result of "multiculturalism" is the exact oppose, a worldwide mono-culture.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Still everything happy and dandy on the blessed island of Australia?

I don't know if this was sarcasm. I expect it from you but I can't see how it could be because Australia is an amazing place to study, live, and party right now and the issue that is most on people's minds is climate change and how to solve it - I think it says something quite positive about a society when the biggest political issue is something that has no short-term relevancy.

And to prevent this post going off-topic I want to throw out a statistic about Australia:

As of the 2006 census, about 50% of Australians were either born overseas or had one or both parents born overseas. I'm a quarter German myself. Multiculturalism is a beautiful thing and it makes for some really amazingly sexy women.

Still everything happy and dandy on the blessed island of Australia?

I don't know if this was sarcasm. I expect it from you but I can't see how it could be because Australia is an amazing place to study, live, and party right now and the issue that is most on people's minds is climate change and how to solve it - I think it says something quite positive about a society when the biggest political issue is something that has no short-term relevancy.

And to prevent this post going off-topic I want to throw out a statistic about Australia:

As of the 2006 census, about 50% of Australians were either born overseas or had one or both parents born overseas. I'm a quarter German myself. Multiculturalism is a beautiful thing and it makes for some really amazingly sexy women.

worstlarge.jpg

Need I say more?

Well once he's disarmed and in police custody, anyway. Words. *shrug*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, we saw what happened to ancient Greece and the Roman Empire when they started to let other cultures influence their own culture, and the same is happening to the rest of Europe today. On the other hand we cannot be so conservative that we want to keep inferior systems and ideas no matter what, if there are better alternatives. I think we should be open to everything that is in accordance with our blood and our collective meaning of life, and reject the rest. On the other hand, I have never heard a good idea from outside Europe (and by Europe I mean "the European [Nordic] race"), so I don't think this will be much of a problem to Europe.

The concept of multiculturalism is just brain-dead crap, as one culture will eventually prevail at the expense of the other cultures in the same area, so if we wish to see our own culture survive we have to be intolerant and conservative, and reject - and even destroy - alien influences.

Today the USA is the main problem in this context, because the USA is doing just like the culture of Carthage did. The USA too conquer by trade. The whole world is flooded in American consumer products. The Coca-Cola company, McDonald's, Levi-Strauss, Microsoft, the Hollywood "entertainment" (id est propaganda) industry, and so forth, are destroying all cultures on planet Earth, and are trying to replace it with the American lack of culture. This "cultural" imperialism is of course linked to capitalism, and the American companies' wish to earn money - with no regards to the consequences whatsoever. They don't do this because they are "evil", but simply because they are extremely greedy and unable to think far ahead.

We need to embrace our own culture and we need to have a culture of our own, or else we will all become like the average American (and other capitalists too), who spend more money even on chewing gum than books. We will become disgusting and ultra-egoistic, capitalistic and materialistic, hypocritical and stupid, incompetent and lazy, without any sense of aesthetics or taste, racially indefinable and religiously retarded subhuman scum.

Judging from the rhetoric, it seems like multiculturalism = love, solidarity & tolerance. However, life itself is a lot more complex than that.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

True story: The mongolian sense of tribal hierarchy can be seen in russian culture to this very day. A great example would be the poster above me: obyknven

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, we saw what happened to ancient Greece and the Roman Empire when they started to let other cultures influence their own culture.

Yeah, they flourished and became the empires were - where do you think Europe would be if the Romans had stayed in their own pond?

It was when their culture and society started to stagnate that they were invaded by the more vibrant Germans. Lucky too, because out of that our current ideas of liberty and democracy was born. Incidentally, the next ~400 years were ruled by culturally conservatives.. Look how that turned out.

Thus your entire argument has failed, because you failed to grasp history.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, we saw what happened to ancient Greece and the Roman Empire when they started to let other cultures influence their own culture.

Yeah, they flourished and became the empires were - where do you think Europe would be if the Romans had stayed in their own pond?

It was when their culture and society started to stagnate that they were invaded by the more vibrant and violent Germans.

Thus your entire argument has failed, because you failed to grasp history.

Just read Schlosser's World History.

Need I say more?

Well you're being an arrogant **** and relying on amusing but irrelevant macros to pretend you have a point, so I would say: yes.

*chuckles* oh come on, not only is it funny - which it bloody well is! I'm certainly making a comment about Australia being a place which was colonized by European nations, and hence can be percieved as a western civilization.

I believe I'd be correct is stating that Australian citizens are still predominantly european in ancestral origin.

I mostly just disagree with some basic concepts, oh and the fact that Morgoth is from Austria further propels this image to a level of amusingness.

Multiculturalism is all well and dandy when folk integrate, I genuinely love that stuff myself, I just don't think certain cultures(Islamic cultures) have any interest in integration into other societies, naturally not everyone from said culture feels such a way. I've already detailed my opinion upon it.

I guess it really boils down to the fact that if you look at european nations, they're not all that different from each other, there is certainly enough in common across said cultures in order to assume graceful integration.

Edit: I forgot you had no sense of humour- I was merely trying to provide some silly laugh's.

Edited by Nightshape

Just read Schlosser's World History.

Fredrich Schlosser, from the 19th century? Because if so - I can tell you that we've learned quite a bit since then.

Ssssh. Lasers. *points*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sneaky ole bastard aren't you :dancing:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

This outcome is the reason I said he went about the wrong way in fighting multiculturalism.

You are a loathsome individual.

You're Australian.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

..the issue that is most on people's minds is climate change and how to solve it ..

And the second largest is?

Answer: Which bit of Asia to send boat people to, for those not au fait with Ocker politics. Was Nauru last week, East Timor yesterday and the winner in today's raffle is Malaysia. I think we even ended up with some, back when Jack "they threw babies overboard!" Boot "really they did!!" Johnny "completely not fabricated and if it was I didn't know about it, honest!!!" Howard was in charge, cheerfully jettisoning centuries of nautical tradition in favour of racist grandstanding for the peanut gallery.

Sneaky ole bastard aren't you :thumbsup:

I was wondering if you'd get the allusion.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

After the 9/11 attacks, support for president Bush and his policies had an approval rating of 90%.

Point being is that doing political polls when a nation suffers from an enormous emotional stress isn't the best idea.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

If I were you, Krezack, I wouldn't be so optimistic about Australia. You're right that it is in a very good position politically and economically to grow as a stable and reliable powerhouse over the next few decades, and of course it's one of the better places to live in. But if we look at multiculturalism, for instance, I don't see much indication that Australians as a whole have a deeply embedded ideology of multiculturalism and tolerance (beyond the general Western standard). The openness to Asia and Asians, fuelled in part by the recognition that they are critical for Australia's trade prospects, is not the whole picture - there's also a fair bit of latent xenophobia, as exemplified, say, in the Australian media & politics' knee-jerk reaction to the Chinalco-Rio Tinto deal back in 09/10. (Basically, everyone crying OH GOD THE CHINESE ARE TAKING OVER WE DONT WANT THEIR SORT HERE, as if China = Big Brother...) The burqa issue, i.e. a non-issue that has been made into an issue, that has now crossed from France to Australia/NZ will also be a big litmus test in the next few years. In short, I think Australia has been able to afford to be multicultural and tolerant because its economy's been going well and because that's been the dominant paradigm, but I don't see anything really deeply rooted that suggests Australian society will hold on to that as a high priority value if things go bad/different.