Bomb and shooting in Norway

Walsingham

A few things:

As to the idea about the race and particularly african americans being used as an example to counter my point, we never went to war with a nation that had it's entire culture ported wholesale into african communities, by the africans themselves, of their own free will. The closest parallel would probably be Japanese immigrants who were thrown in the internment camps on suspicion of their being insurgents, but America has so whitewashed that out of the texts as best they can I don't have a very good read on how much of that was based on possible truths or pure racism.

Good example, though I chose Africans Americans to illustrate my point that fighting side to side against a common enemy (though it may change the opinions of those directly involved in the conflict) does little to advance racial equality.

And the situation with Elizabeth, while it did involve a single specific ethnicity (Whites) was probably no less divided than either the Basque or Quebec issues right now, except her political opponents were backed by foreign powers (mainly Spain and France), while Basque and Quebec are almost entirely home grown, and have no laws specifically outlawing their existence. (And yes, most of this stuff about Liz comes from my British history class)

I'm not fully aware of the situation back then since my knowledge of history its quite limited, but the case and how relates to Mexicans has some differences. To put it simply, you can't tell that someone is a catholic just by looking at them, however you can with races. The issue; while dividing, still allowed for the coexistence of both groups whilst they where vying for power with one of them in secrecy (the catholics). Foreign as the powers may be, Spain and France would had encountered a large support from the British catholics and may had made their house quite easily if they had succeeded. This is brings to relevance the fact that when conquering differences in culture matter, aside from a few quirks westerners are not all different. Which would had made the transition easier, which has never been the case when differences of races or culture (e.g: Jerusalem).

While the numbskull who performed this act was getting frustrated with the Muslimization of Norway, I'm not entirely sure that was solely based on race (I am NOT going through his personal manifesto thanks). After all, he idolized the Crusaders of the days of yore, so I don't think he's so frustrated at just anyone who's melanin is a different tone than the nordics, but is pushing against the religion that most members of Arabic decent adhere to.

Racial profiling test, when they ask for a Muslim do they want a Nordic, blue eyed, blonde or a Middle easterner? Ethnicity, culture, religion they are all part of the idiosyncrasies of a people and aren't completely separate for even for an objective study one must look in reference to the others.

Plus I'm sure that by Muslimization he actually meant immigration.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

In fact, I often wonder why conservatives hate Islam - they seem to love what you guys do. Family values, strict morality and a burning desire to keep the status quo.

Hate? Nein. At this point in time I admire their lifestyle more than what the west has come to. I go to Abu Dhabi - I see in it a healthy traditional society, where people know their place and there are some common values binding them.

I go to Prague and there's an immigrant shoving crack in my hand at every other corner, people getting dead drunk in the street - picking up whomever they're gonna screw next in a nightclub.

The problem with everything "good" about Islam is that it applies only to muslims, the rest of us can either become that or get our throats cut. That starts to happen when they become the majority anywhere.

I draw your attention to the permanent warfare of the islamic north africa (Sudan) against the christian and animist blacks of the south. Killings, cleansing, forced conversions - a daily occurrence. I draw your attention to Lebanon, and the constant pressure on the christian minority to assimilate. I draw your attention to the copts in Egypt, a christian minority that's daily under attack.

Why are all the christian churches in northern africa and middle east surrounded by high walls and barbed wire?

Wherever Islam is a majority you get slow cultural and religious genocide - it doesn't take much knowledge of history to see this.

Your mistake is thinking that they're your pet monkey that you can train to "behave". They're not. They haven't changed much for a thousand years, except for ever expanding outward.

Do your homework, instead of using your partially assimilated, well spoken and behaved neighborhood "Hassan" as an example of type. He is not. The driving force and decision makers behind everything in the 1.6 billion strong Islamic world is the clergy and they're fundamentalist as a rule. They interpret reality for the masses, choosing it for them. And to them, you barely qualify as a human being if you're christian and an abomination if you're atheist.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

And you fail to realize that Christianity has also purged all differences - where Europe was once a myriad of different faiths and cultures, now we have a monogamous mass with only the most superficial differences. The clergy decided what was right and the lords waged an ever constant war on one another. This was about 600 years ago for us - and at that time the middle east and Islam was a beacon of tolerance and science compared to us. Yet, you seem to celebrate what we did and scorn them for doing the same? They need a revolution, just as we did - a renaissance.

It's a shame that they have become what they have - and they are where they are not because of their faith, but because of the constant invasions of Christians, Mongols and other lower civilizations who grew fat and enlightened on their behalf.

Now it's easy to say that they are backwards and dangerous, but simply leaving them at that will never change the situation - we must invade them with ideas and example instead of bombs, if we shut them out then we are just creating a bigger problem for ourselves in the future. The more we ignore it, the poorer and more extreme their society will become.

But just so we are clear, I do not advocate mass immigration of illiterate and poor people - I firmly believe that they are much better off staying at home, if we help them out building a better one.

Fortune favors the bald.

And you fail to realize that Christianity has also purged all differences - where Europe was once a myriad of different faiths and cultures, now we have a monogamous mass with only the most superficial differences. The clergy decided what was right and the lords waged an ever constant war on one another. This was about 600 years ago for us - and at that time the middle east and Islam was a beacon of tolerance and science compared to us. Yet, you seem to celebrate what we did and scorn them for doing the same? They need a revolution, just as we did - a renaissance.

It's a shame that they have become what they have - and they are where they are not because of their faith, but because of the constant invasions of Christians, Mongols and other lower civilizations who grew fat and enlightened on their behalf.

Now it's easy to say that they are backwards and dangerous, but simply leaving them at that will never change the situation - we must invade them with ideas and example instead of bombs, if we shut them out then we are just creating a bigger problem for ourselves in the future. The more we ignore it, the poorer and more extreme their society will become.

But just so we are clear, I do not advocate mass immigration of illiterate and poor people - I firmly believe that they are much better off staying at home, if we help them out building a better one.

citizenkaneclap.gif

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't celebrate it, I take things as they are - what's done is done. I can't suddenly glorify my pagan ancestors and fall prostate before Svarog the thunderer. If they're on the garbage heap of history it means they belong there.

Constant invasions? You are aware that Islam has been invading and expanding from its arabian roots to the atlantic coast on the west and southeast asia on the east? That's a stretch of land the roman empire couldn't conceive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

Europe almost fell at the hands of the Ottomans!

I fail to see how the puny Crusades and the short lived Mongols put a dent in Islam.

You do realise that your view of Islam is ultimately intolerant? You want to meddle and change them in your image "for their own good" - you may criticize Christianity but at the same time you advocate an ideological crusade. Whose only purpose is to make them more like you because you cannot tolerate them as they are.

I can. As long as they stay on their side of the border. I know my place, and they should theirs. Mutual respect for our borders and religions, peace in general, war if necessary. That was the basis for a good 1000 years of healthy relations.

I don't celebrate it, I take things as they are - what's done is done. I can't suddenly glorify my pagan ancestors and fall prostate before Svarog the thunderer. If they're on the garbage heap of history it means they belong there.

Constant invasions? You are aware that Islam has been invading and expanding from its arabian roots to the atlantic coast on the west and southeast asia on the east? That's a stretch of land the roman empire couldn't conceive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

Europe almost fell at the hands of the Ottomans!

I fail to see how the puny Crusades and the short lived Mongols put a dent in Islam.

You do realise that your view of Islam is ultimately intolerant? You want to meddle and change them in your image "for their own good" - you may criticize Christianity but at the same time you advocate an ideological crusade. Whose only purpose is to make them more like you because you cannot tolerate them as they are.

I can. As long as they stay on their side of the border. I know my place, and they should theirs. Mutual respect for our borders and religions, peace in general, war if necessary. That was the basis for a good 1000 years of healthy relations.

snip

A well written argument, but you seem to omit the fact that racial differences are...well, different from religious. Push came to shove many times in the US history were blacks fought in every war and still faced discrimination. Whilst in times of peril they were brothers at arms (to an extent) they still had to face racism when they came back home.

The situation with Elizabeth involved a single ethnic group with religious differences.

So even if they fight together its no guarantee of a well adjusted multicultural society, although I should point that attitudes have changed and there is more tolerance of differences nowadays. Even if there is enough racism to counter it.

A few things:

As to the idea about the race and particularly african americans being used as an example to counter my point, we never went to war with a nation that had it's entire culture ported wholesale into african communities, by the africans themselves, of their own free will. The closest parallel would probably be Japanese immigrants who were thrown in the internment camps on suspicion of their being insurgents, but America has so whitewashed that out of the texts as best they can I don't have a very good read on how much of that was based on possible truths or pure racism.

again, we hates the disinformation. perhaps calax lives in the deep south... or texas. regardless, Gromnir went to high school in chicago, and we got the full farewell to manzanaar treatment. and as for the suggestion that the subject has been wiped from texts... that is based either on ignorance or fibbing, 'cause there is a wealth o' info on the subject available to any US school kid that wants it. you got access to library?

in the post-nclb world, is perhaps possible that less kids get force-fed a healthy dose o' japanese internment, but the holes in the teaching is the result o' pragmatism rather than whitewashing. nclb has resulted in many teachers having to Teach the Test. if internment isn't one o' the topics that shows on the standardized tests such as ca's STAR, then some teachers, particularly in schools with challenged test scores, is gonna focus on the material that kids will be getting tested.

nevertheless, if calax is ignorant, it ain't 'cause o' whitewashing. particularly in the blue states, school kids is beat to death with the US's poor track record regarding race. we wouldn't be surprised if some small number o' kids has actually been driven to racism 'cause they had to endure native son, farewell to manzanar, to kill a mockingbird, merchant o' venice, and other potential race-focused books in english classes, while at the same time getting smacked around by the race stick in history classes.

whitewash? not hardly.

http://www.pbs.org/childofcamp/

the pbs documentary is, sadly, less informative than one might hope. purpose is to show the "grave injustice" as 'posed to giving objective info. nevertheless, there clear ain't no attempt to whitewash.

HA! Good Fun!

ps with all the time and effort that America spent oppressing minority races and cultures, it is surprising that the US actual had any time to fight wars or settle new lands... 'least that is the way it seems based on how history gets taught.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Grommie, I think your talking in the third person has made you think things that haven't been said. The ONLY thing I referred to as being whitewashed was the Internment camps, and the reason I said that specifically was because of the fact that in my highschool it effectively attached to the WW2 unit as if to say "So, we also took anyone who looked mildly Asian and put them in camps under guard because of fears they'd be insurgent... and that was sad." I never bothered to seek out anything else because I frankly don't really care about that particular point in history.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Grommie, I think your talking in the third person has made you think things that haven't been said. The ONLY thing I referred to as being whitewashed was the Internment camps, and the reason I said that specifically was because of the fact that in my highschool it effectively attached to the WW2 unit as if to say "So, we also took anyone who looked mildly Asian and put them in camps under guard because of fears they'd be insurgent... and that was sad." I never bothered to seek out anything else because I frankly don't really care about that particular point in history.

see, it is good that we spoke up. this way we can see that you clear not know what whitewashing is and that you were, once again, talking out your kiester.

whitewash 5. to cover up or gloss over the faults or errors of; absolve from blame.

doesn't sound like you got a whitewashed version. the japanese internments was pretty much as you were told. the rationale o' internment were not complex. the media at the time whipped up a frenzy regarding the possibility o' japanese saboteurs. the government just kinda rolled over and decided that internment would keeps everybody happy so that the war effort wouldn't be disrupted. the actual details surrounding the internments is intriguing as one can see how all levels o' the US govt. were complicit. the exec, legislature and even the Courts turned a blind eye to the japanese plight in spite o' internal reports that dispelled the myth o' pervasive japenese disloyalty and the fact that US law clear prohibited the internment... but the actual issue is not particularly complex.

sooooooooo. no whitewash, and the information available on the subject is voluminous to say the least. so, am calling bs yet again

HA! Good Fun!

ps as an aside, is pretty wacky to claim ignorance AND whitewash simultaneous.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So, making the entire thing into a footnote isn't "glossing over" the facts? Hilarious!

So, making the entire thing into a footnote isn't "glossing over" the facts? Hilarious!

do you know what whitewash is? read the definition once again. gloss over the faults to absolve from blame. where were the attempt to absolve from blame? what were the faults that were glossed over? either you is being willful obtuse, or your reading comprehension is in serious need o' improvement.

did you get the cliff's notes version? sure... and that is probable a good thing. again, the larger issue o' japanese internment were not complex, and you were probable already taught how the US were evil racists in their dealings with native americans and blacks. is overkill to do once again when ww2 is such a big unit. footnote is probable best in a high school class, particularly since you got the unvarnished and honest version o' the footnote. now, in a university class we can see spending loads o' time on the internment, 'cause the small details is what makes the subject profound interesting, but such exploration requires far too much time than is available in a high school class.

what were your teacher trying to teach with the footnote regarding internment? that the US govt. has engaged in unjust racist activity? you has gotten LOADS o' that, so other that the factoid, what need did the instructor have for exploring once again, particularly when he/she no doubt had limited time in which to cover all o' ww2.

gloss over Faults is whitewash. the simple fact that you got an abbreviated version is hardly a whitewash. heck, if you read farewell to manzanar in your english classes, then there is no genuine shortfall in any event. you ends up getting pertinent info while studying cross-discipline. why should history teacher give you a double-dose?

HA! Good Fun!

ps we has been told that American youth have ridiculously brief attention spans. no doubt this unfortunate problem makes teaching increasing difficult. heck, calax is a perfect example as he weren't even able to read through the entire whitewash definition; stopped at "gloss over." no wonder educators feels the need to trim the fat from lessons. reduce to bare-bones and present in a diversity-friendly manner using multimedia approaches. that or calax don't know how to read.

Edited by Gromnir

I find your attempts to be insulting quite funny Grommie, given that the most intelligent thing you've said since you decided to derail this thread was copy pasted from an online dictionary.

After all you're just trying to needle somebody over their choice of wording in a sentence that still got the concept that the poster was trying to get across communicated, and are writing huge essays on how badly that person is educated and how the youth of today are SUCH rap scallions who can't pay attention one whit and he's the proof. Ignoring the fact that this person also posted an analysis of multiculturalism on a national level and how it can be seen as a danger by those who's job it is to create a unified front towards external enemies, and pointing to some parallels between the Elizabethan era of England. Also pointing out that it's not necessarily the issue of different ethnicity's that generate problems as the one associated with the news story that started this thread, but the fact that often the pockets of ethnicity's will create their own mini society that will refuse to assimilate within the larger whole and create the issues where their own sentiments and ideals may put them into conflict with those of their current home.

I mean, to completely ignore the entire purpose of an entire thread just to annoy one poster because you have to stroke your own ego and prove how superior you are with your internet-manhood would just be trolling wouldn't it?

Hah! Good fun!

There, that makes it all not troll!

ps we has been told that American youth have ridiculously brief attention spans. no doubt this unfortunate problem makes teaching increasing difficult. heck, calax is a perfect example as he weren't even able to read through the entire whitewash definition; stopped at "gloss over." no wonder educators feels the need to trim the fat from lessons. reduce to bare-bones and present in a diversity-friendly manner using multimedia approaches. that or calax don't know how to read.

Sorry to interrupt but...aren't you from Chicago? :skull:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Sorry to interrupt but...aren't you from Chicago? :huh:

yes... but other than this board, we has little dealings with kids. we did some football and rugby coaching a few years ago... and we worked in a juvenile detention facility a long time ago, but such experiences is increasing remote. oh, and we spent most o' our youth in the dakotas before moving to chicago for high school. am now in california.

as for calax...

*shrug*

you posted misleading material and we corrected not to stroke our ego, but 'cause many o' the euros and asians who post here might mistakenly believe you 'bout the whitewashing o' history as it is taught in US schools. you were wrong, and the fact that you fail to recognize or admit is a condemnation o' calax and not Gromnir... in spite o' your continued attempts to misdirect and mislead. as we noted already (multiple times,) we ain't interested in engaging in a multiculturalism debate, but some folks in this thread is by accident or design, posting info that is just plain wrong. hurl were mature in the way he responded to Gromnir. calax, on the other hand, responds as one might expect.

"but America has so whitewashed that out of the texts as best they can I don't have a very good read on how much of that was based on possible truths or pure racism."

you coulda' been honest and simply observed your own paucity o' personal knowledge given your high school experience, but you felt the need to makes a blanket condemnation o' America. don't look for no pity in this circumstance. you mislead and got caught. own it.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

I didn't mislead anything you numbskull (although I guess that's why you never use proper grammar in the first place).

Look and analyze the sentance you keep harping on:

"but America has so whitewashed that out of the texts as best they can I don't have a very good read on how much of that was based on possible truths or pure racism."

Where in this do I say anything about anything except the fact that my class/textbook had little information on the internment contained within?

WHERE!? Point out the exact set of words where I give hints that there may be more than just "And that was sad" in this case given within a text that I was told to study from.

You're self-stroking desire to prove your intelligence over everyone else in the world is getting tiresome. You proclaim that your own education and expertise on many subjects is enough to support any statement, and yet when pushed will show very little to prove your own points. This example has you taking a single word from a single sentence and using it to create a strawman that you can easily attack and knock down to prove that you're awesome.

Hell you seem to be deleting/replacing the word "texts" with "every book in the Library of Congress" in my sentence in your head just so you can more easily poke fun and wrap yourself in pure smug superiority over the others around you. And are pushing the fact that I'm referring only to one specific point (the japanese internment camps) out of your head and instead referring to every instance of racism that was institutionalized within the US over the course of it's 200+ year history.

You also make blanket assumptions about what a student is reading within his high school based upon your own personal readings from when you were in high school (what 80 years ago?), never considering the fact that highschool reading lists may have changed from your golden childhood. Wake up and act like an adult before posting, and actually research what you may be shouting about before deciding to randomly leap on something that's very easy to manipulate into a strawman so you can make yourself feel like the savior of the universe bringing the light of knowledge to the masses.

Ha! Good fun! (This makes it all entirely without rancor!)

Anyway, back to my 9 page paper about the reigns of James I/VI and Charles I and the rise of the British Empire.

for chrissakes. do you still not know what WHITEWASH means? so, you made a blanket statement accusing "America" of whitewashing the japanese internment. you not see a problem? still?

HA!

if mc or walsh posted on this board that the post reformation oppression o' english catholics were whitewashed from texts by the government, Gromnir would be surprised, but we might believe 'em given the absence o' any contradictory material. we honestly have almost no knowledge o' pre-grad education in europe. we would be a little shocked, and a bit appaled, but why would walsh or mc lie 'bout something like that? you did the same thing... you just didn't realize... or maybe you did. is getting hard to tell at this point.

btw, Gromnir is very familiar with what is in many American textbooks and approved reading lists. our expertise is First Amendment, and 'bout 1/4 o' all our cases has us dealing with school related religion and speech issues. deep south textbooks can be scary, but you is choosing the wrong battle to fight if you wanna get into knowledge o' what goes into most American textbooks.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Fine grommie, which books did I use and read during my tenure at highschool?

And what was their content in relation to the Internment of Japanese Americans during WW2?

Enlighten me.

Prove your point with evidence rather than assertions and insults.

Edited by Calax

And what was their content in relation to the Internment of Japanese Americans during WW2?

Enlighten me.

actually, do it the reverse. send us the name o' your high school US history text... if you wanna push it this far. chances are we is familiar with your text, but if not, a brief email query to the publisher from an attorney asking 'em why their text has no accurate information regarding the japanese internment is likely to get a very interesting response.

so, go ahead.

don't be more of a clown than you already appear to be.

HA! Good Fun!

Enlighten me.

actually, do it the reverse. send us the name o' your high school US history text... if you wanna push it this far. chances are we is familiar with your text, but if not, a brief email query to the publisher from an attorney asking 'em why their text has no accurate information regarding the japanese internment is likely to get a very interesting response.

so, go ahead.

HA! Good Fun!

But you speak as if you already know what I was taught and what I read in my English classes, so if you don't then how can you say that I have to have known what you know and what was placed within other textbooks around the country? Or even what was referenced in my English classes required reading?

Or are you operating on inference created by previous experience with the subject in other contexts and are projecting upon my high school career so hard you can do Powerpoint from your eye sockets?

Edited by Calax

Enlighten me.

so, go ahead.

HA! Good Fun!

But you speak as if you already know what I was taught and what I read in my English classes, so if you don't then how can you say that I have to have known what you know and what was placed within other textbooks around the country? Or even what was referenced in my English classes required reading?

Or are you operating on inference created by previous experience with the subject in other contexts and are projecting upon my high school career so hard you can do Powerpoint from your eye sockets?

*groan*

clearly there is some damage.

you claimed "America" had whitewashed texts.

1) keep in mind that there is no American standard for US history texts. individual states and school districts make up such guidelines, but other than ap, there is no specific Americanization o' texts.

2) all we gotta do to refute your claim (or at least shift the burden) that America whitewashed is to show texts that hasn't been whitewashed... and the pbs link includes a bibliography with many such texts.

is calax suggesting that the US whitewashed your texts specific? again, as the US has no mechanism to achieve such a goal, and recognizing the vast number o' texts that is not whitewashed, you has already effective lost... but in our generosity, we will be willing to look into the possibility that you were having a singular textbook that whitewashed japenes internment. that still wouldn't mean that America whitewashed, but it would explain your ignorance if not obtuseness.

so, go ahead.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Hey... Hey Grommie... You ever heard of the Texas Board of Education? And their recent politicization of the Texas history books that try to paint republican figures like McCarthy in a much better light, and completely destroy the lesson that the mention of the item in particular was meant to convey? See? I can find a single instance of the reverse! Therefore I am entirely vindicated (utilizing grommie logic)!

Honestly, I don't remember the particular textbook I used, so it boggles my mind that you would automatically ascribe the fact that you know what is in the book to having a section that made a point about the Japanese internment. Much less that that section would be utilized in the classroom and not just entirely glossed over.

And I'm amazed that you magically seem to know what my English readings were and thus if there was any glossing over in History, it was automatically picked up by my English course.

Hey... Hey Grommie... You ever heard of the Texas Board of Education? And their recent politicization of the Texas history books that try to paint republican figures like McCarthy in a much better light, and completely destroy the lesson that the mention of the item in particular was meant to convey? See? I can find a single instance of the reverse! Therefore I am entirely vindicated (utilizing grommie logic)!

no. you would have an argument if you had claimed that TEXAS had whitewashed red scare figures... or some general statement that some states censor texts... but that were not what you claimed. you claimed that America whitewashed japanese internment. you is now showing that you not understand logic any better than simple and clear definition o' whitewash.

not recall the textbook? sure. is possible. weren't that long ago for you, but is definite possible you forgot. post or pm school district and state. virtual every school district gots online info regarding approved texts and reading lists... makes easy.

*shrug*

in any event, is pretty clear that you is just flailing around miserably. pointless. we explained why we intervened. you made a misleading comment, whether intended or not. much like our hypothetical mc or walsh comment, it would be very easy to read calax comment and come to the mistaken conclusion that America whitewashed texts regarding the japanese internment. that is clear not the case. not only does the US have no means to do so, but there is a voluminous number o' texts that have such info. is highly unlikely that you suffered an aberrant text that chose to be dismissive of the internment. you not wanna provide info to support? fine. nevertheless, your broken book wouldn't make your statement anymore true... but it would make your confusion understandable.

you didn't by chance take ap us history? that would make clarification particular easy.

"And I'm amazed that you magically seem to know what my English readings were and thus if there was any glossing over in History, it was automatically picked up by my English course."

another example of wacky-bad reading comprehension.

"heck, if you read farewell to manzanar in your english classes, then there is no genuine shortfall in any event. you ends up getting pertinent info while studying cross-discipline. "

notice the word "if"? am knowing that you not like online dictionaries for some bizarre reason, but many libraries contain abridged oeds. next time you happen by a library you may choose to stop in and take a peek at the definition.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

What's with the snide remarks in every post gromnir.

Obviously, you have no clue when I was in Highschool.

Also

To whitewash is a metaphor meaning to gloss over or cover up vices, crimes or scandals or to exonerate by means of a perfunctory investigation or through biased presentation of data.

Notice the last five words?

Honestly, the only reason I got into this bs with a dimwit such as yourself is because you decided to call me Ignorant, illiterate, and having the attention span of a chipmunk on crack. You're effectively arguing over a level of semantics that usually is ignored in most casual conversation, and the primary point that you have so artfully ignored and removed from the context, was still in the original post (that the japanese internment camps were better examples of the point I was trying to illustrate than the average African American mans actions during WW2, and that I was not entirely educated on that fact because the school system I was a part of "glossed over" that fact so fast you know it happened and that was kind of it).

I used the term whitewash because, as is often the case, the history courses given to students before high school tend not to focus on the failures of US domestic policy, particularly those that were un-PC. And instead just skimp over the facts before moving on to the fact that the American industry managed to grow so rapidly that we outproduced the enemy nations to defeat them, and that is how we ended up in the position of the worlds top superpower that we've held ever sense. And focus on how this placed women in a position where they could start to break the gender barrier against working in more industrial workplaces.

So, is it "whitewash" in the sense that they glossed over it in order to entirely excuse the fact? No, but it's pretty bloody close.

This all still brings your inherent sense of self-righteousness to the fore and displays the reason why most people, who can understand your posts, find you your posting behavior, and your attitude in general to be entirely distasteful. And explains exactly why several former contributors to the forums have departed because they just didn't want to put up with the level of BS's you'd kick up in order to prove your awesome intellect to those who's faces you don't even know. We get it, you're educated. Well guess what, so is a goodly portion of other members of the board who have educations within different subjects, particularly in subjects that you claim to have some expertise in (How exactly does one go from being a councilor in a juvie hall to being a legal expert on first amendment cases anyway?). Get over yourself and your reasoning's, learn to use grammar in your posts, and don't be such an abrasive ****wit when you decide to refute somebody, and maybe I'll start giving you a form of respect due to a seven year old again.

Edited by Calax

The only good thing about these arguments is that they lead to proppa grammar.

<<<will butt out now.

Battlefield control terminated.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor