Bomb and shooting in Norway

Walsingham

Cowardly? I'm not so sure. He did ask, and expect the death penalty for himself. This could be hypocrisy since he's not going to get it in Norway, but it does not suggest he picked the targets for lack of "harder" ones but because what he did would cause the maximum amount of pain.

Sounds more like your average inferiority nutcase. Can't face life, dreams of the proverbial 15 minutes of fame (and a lifetime of infamy). Picked the easy way out to vent his impotent rage against everybody except himself. Coward through and through.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

White, unemployed, no substantial education. Typical right-wing extremist.

Incorrect.

I?ve spent a total of 9 years of my life working on this project. The first five years were

spent studying and creating a financial base, and the last three years was spent working

full time with research, compilation and writing. Creating this compendium has personally

cost me a total of 317 000 Euros (130 000 Euros spent from my own pocket and 187 500

Euros for loss of income during three years). All that, however, is barely noticeable

compared to the sacrifices made in relation to the distribution of this book, the actual

marketing operation

Self employed upper middle class and extremely educated.

the 32 year old man with no formal education beyond high school, lives with his mother (didn't move out til he were 30... and then moved back home) and had a business go bankrupt is... what? perhaps your definitions is different than ours. you not need formal education to be educated, but access to a search engine or a book o' quotations is no substitute for traditional university rigour. so far we see no evidence that the slaughterer o' norwegian children is educated. as for being self-employed... well, am guessing that may be technical correct... on some level. is "amateur bomb maker" a profession?

nevertheless, we will concede that it is too early to dismiss the izod bedecked momma's boy as insane. is far too convenient to label a person insane just 'cause they does something violent and stoopid... and pen a rambling manifesto. for the time being, Gromnir is gonna stick with Pathetic and Monstrous as our labels dujour.

HA! Good Fun!

ps damn. we forgot to include Cowardly. purposefully target children? yeah, that is cowardice. Pathetic. Monstrous. Cowardly.

Here's the manifest so you can judge his educational level, or lack of it for yourself. His knowledge of the topics at hand does not seem to be based on quotations, but on lengthy research and I recognize many of the books on political theory he mentions. In that set of topics, I can say he has a good grasp of the material, regardless of the conclusions he draws from it.

http://www.kevinislaughter.com/wp-content/...ndependence.pdf

Cowardly? I'm not so sure. He did ask, and expect the death penalty for himself. This could be hypocrisy since he's not going to get it in Norway, but it does not suggest he picked the targets for lack of "harder" ones but because what he did would cause the maximum amount of pain. As someone who sees himself a "martyr", and has in advance "given up his life" he really could have struck anywhere and at anyone - therefore his choice of targets speaks to intent, not courage.

am betting you didn't read the entire manifesto. neither did Gromnir, but nothing we read particularly impresses us. half the angsty teens who visit this board could pen something similar... but most would not choose to do so.

and yeah, cowardly is how we would describe. the guy had a pathetic existence, so he targets kids who got the future he thought he were entitled to? *snort* which is taking more effort and courage; making something of yourself through hard work and determination, or setting off a bomb and slaughtering children? infamy is much easier to attain than is fame... hell, infamy is much easier to attain than a moderate comfortable existence. all you gotta do to be infamous is to give up on your on life, and take the lives o' others.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Cowardly? I'm not so sure. He did ask, and expect the death penalty for himself. This could be hypocrisy since he's not going to get it in Norway, but it does not suggest he picked the targets for lack of "harder" ones but because what he did would cause the maximum amount of pain.

Sounds more like your average inferiority nutcase. Can't face life, dreams of the proverbial 15 minutes of fame (and a lifetime of infamy). Picked the easy way out to vent his impotent rage against everybody except himself. Coward through and through.

I would have written him off in the same way if not for the manifest. He claims to be a part of an organization, he draws up clear political goals for that organization, he goes at length to justify his ideology. If it indeed expresses his views, he sees himself a part of a struggle in which he is neither the centerpiece nor the most important factor. In fact, he sees himself more or less as an expendable soldier.

Or we could just read between the lines:

As for current flaws in my personality I guess have many stereotypical flaws. F example;

I sound quite self righteous at times and I don’t like admitting it when I’m wrong,

although I usually do. I still have a relatively inflated ego, with a constant need to feed

on an intellectual level. This is a quite common flaw and I try to suppress it although I

know I fail as most people do. Also, over the years I’ve generally been perceived as quite

arrogant (even downright unpleasant at times, the last few years). This is likely due to

the fact that I do not care as much as I did for creating or preserving social relationships

due to my life choice. I guess it is also due the way I choose my rhetorical approaches,

which is to a certain degree only an indirect defensive mechanism. I, as most people, like

to think I have a superb self confidence. But people who show signs of arrogance usually

often use deliberate defensive manifestation to camouflage intellectual or social

insecurity or perhaps they just don’t care. I guess the root to a majority of human flaws

is linked to mans fundamentally flawed nature. We want acknowledgement, appreciation

and/or love so we strive to be as perfect as we can be. These human instincts often

undermine the need for a pragmatical mindset.

I do not accept or acknowledge

many of the established “social rules” as I view it as irrelevant noise which takes us away

from what is needed of us at this point in time.

Individual flaws are very often related to the flaws of society. I used to be a relatively self

centered, arrogant individual who didn’t care much for anyone except my closest friends

and family. I used to have pretty shallow ambitions where the goal of personal acquisition

of wealth, gaining admiration from other shallow individuals and the attempt of gaining

unlimited access to sex and parties was the driving force behind my existence. Pretty

pathetic when you think about it really, but it’s as we know quite common in a society in

complete moral decay where you are completely detached from your extended family,

your community, the Church and with little national and cultural identity and pride etc.

It’s a natural result of a fanatically consumerist society where the highest virtue and the

essence of your existence is based on feeding your own ego.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

He claims to be a part of an organization,

nobody has claimed him. terrorist groups take credit for mayhem whether they is responsible or not. nobody is backing up the coward's claims. of course he claims to be part o' an organization. he knew he would be caught or killed... and that would end his significance, but if he were part o' an organization... bah. the most simple explanation is that he acted alone and is alone. until we see otherwise, am gonna stick with simple explanations.

what we read o' his manifesto is nothing more than a mish-mash o' wacky conjecture and irate drivel.

our impression thus far: is as if the unabomber's retarded younger brother took up the family trade.

HA! Good Fun!

ps you do realize that large portions o' the manifesto is plagiarized, right?

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Q: Why did you decide not to formalise your education?

A: I first got involved with the armed European Resistance Movement when I was 21/22

years old, in 2001/2002. At this point I had made no concluding decisions whether to go

ahead with any specific operation or not. I still felt I had to learn more. The nature of the

network structure at that point allowed for a substantial degree of self-organisation. I

didn?t have to swear to any specific operation....

When I decided to go ahead with the operation in 2002/2003 there were still several opportunities to back down.

Formalising my education and to continue official studies at a registered university would

be counter-productive as it would side track my involvement in other sub-tasks. I would

not have enough time to run my company and building a financial platform for a future

operation. Also, there would be no professor within the field of political science that

would approve my thesis on master/PhD level. More or less every professor in that field

is politically correct/cultural Marxists and would reject any thesis/work presented of

cultural conservative and especially revolutionary nature.

I assume you've never read a "manifesto" from one of these lunatics before? I mean, back in the good old bad days, with the red brigades, N17 and all that, you at least got a good helping of marxist theory on the side of the madness. Made for a lot more rewarding reading. And "highly educated" :D, but thankfully my (actually) learned colleague already covered that.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Where from?

Where from?

we already hinted where-from. is kinda ironic given the fact that the guy he plagiarized were at the other end o' the left-right continuum. the guy you admire simply changed the leftist language to righty.

*snort*

HA! Good Fun!

Where from?

we already hinted where-from. is kinda ironic given the fact that the guy he plagiarized were at the other end o' the left-right continuum. the guy you admire simply changed the leftist language to righty.

*snort*

HA! Good Fun!

Don't be snide. Agreeing that someone's political views might hold a grain of truth does not equate to justification of his acts. I personally think he should be shot, as his crime is great. His crime however does not discredit the work of the many conservative authors he cites and their conclusions/ideas or some of his comments (like the disgraceful position of the Danish government regarding the cartoon scandal).

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Where from?

*snort*

HA! Good Fun!

Don't be snide. Agreeing that someone's political views might hold a grain of truth does not equate to justification of his acts. I personally think he should be shot, as his crime is great. His crime however does not discredit the work of the many conservative authors he cites and their conclusions/ideas or some of his comments (like the disgraceful position of the Danish government regarding the cartoon scandal).

and why should we be other than snide? the plagiarizing momma's boy is only significant 'cause he killed children. you attribute merit 'cause you agree with his pov. if you so desire you may go ahead and empower the pathetic, cowardly and monstrous little dirt-bag who managed to create a forum for himself by means o' a body count. as for Gromnir, we will continue to be snide, derisive and dismissive.

HA! Good Fun!

Where from?

*snort*

HA! Good Fun!

and why should we be other than snide? the plagiarizing momma's boy is only significant 'cause he killed children. you attribute merit 'cause you agree with his pov. if you so desire you may go ahead and empower the pathetic, cowardly and monstrous little dirt-bag who managed to create a forum for himself by means o' a body count. as for Gromnir, we will continue to be snide, derisive and dismissive.

HA! Good Fun!

Trolly Mc Troll Pants

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Where from?

*snort*

HA! Good Fun!

HA! Good Fun!

Now you're being childish as well. A whole litany against a man who was and is - unimportant. I take Breivik as a symptom of the inherent contradictions in the current multiculturalist ideology propagated in the west. He is an extreme borne of another extreme, only the second one poses not as an extreme but as something that is good/just/right/desirable while actually being destructive and disruptive and unwilling to compromise.

Breivik is what happens when you treat nationalism (and to a lesser extent judeo-christianity) like a pariah doing utmost to suppress it in every form and shape. Like any historical trend - it comes back to bite you on the ass. Like the Soviets learned the hard way back in the 90ties.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Seriously Boo... you know better than present such a text without giving the source a closer look, and as you said, read between the lines ;)

"I still have a relatively inflated ego, with a constant need to feed on an intellectual level." [i want to do some stuff someday that I've only read about other people doing, so I can be a cool guy too some day] (I should move out from Mom's place some day)

"This is likely due to the fact that I do not care as much as I did for creating or preserving social relationships due to my life choice." [being with other people scares me, so I run away to avoid rejection] (I fail at everything. What is wrong with people?!?)

"I do not accept or acknowledge many of the established ?social rules? as I view it as irrelevant noise which takes us away from what is needed of us at this point in time." [i always got picked last for the football team, nobody wanted my company] (Yeah, see if I want to be on your team. YOU are the losers, hear me? all of you, losers!!!...)

"I used to have pretty shallow ambitions where the goal of personal acquisition of wealth, gaining admiration from other shallow individuals and the attempt of gaining unlimited access to sex and parties was the driving force behind my existence." [No girl is ever gonna love me, so I better save up and pay for prostitutes] (I'll pay you anything you want, just don't present me with expectations, I can't handle that)

Etc.

I'm sure it's full of further attempts to deflect the responsibility of his failing at life, trying to blame it on everything except his own mistakes. The diary of a loser and escapist.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm sure it's full of further attempts to deflect the responsibility of his failing at life, trying to blame it on everything except his own mistakes. The diary of a loser and escapist.

Like I said, on the whole I'm not interested in him on even in this one particular event.

He could be everything you say he is, he could be a real hardcore revolutionary, he could be both. Or neither. Hell, maybe the whole manifesto is a ploy of some sort.

I feel that if you go with Breivik the attention seeking nut theory, the entire discussion is prematurely closed with no resolution. That theory is applicable in Columbine, in the scottish/english (can't recall) man who shot a classroom full of kids and even there a study of societal alienation might be in order.

But if you look at it politically and I'm interested in political side of it all and the implications of one such "well ordered democracy" giving rise to people who spend 9 years systematically planning to negate it. You can blame it all on the individual but the system has a part in it, if for no reason other than that he was formed and grew up in it.

His principal enemy, if he is to be trusted was "cultural marxism", or in other words multiculturalism. A wholly american/eu ideology! He views islam negatively, but he didn't march in a mosque and shoot all people present. He could have done that as well, but he chose to target his own, and children no less. What gives? Attention he would have got either way, infamy as well.

It suggests real, vitriolic hatred for the western political system as it exists now, and that is suggested in his manifest.

Does that not prompt a re-examination of multi-culturalism?

After all Angela Merkel recently described the idea as a failure. This is the PM of the most important country of the EU, saying effectively: the dominant dogma is bursting at the seams. She's neither stupid nor mad yet she was subjected to intense criticism for saying that.

So if the PM of a major EU power can't speak her mind on the topic without backlash, what are we, in the middle ages and subjected to the spanish inquisition? And why would something so supposedly natural and democratic need such dogmatic policing and arm wrenching tactics?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

*groan*

clear missing the point. Gromnir is dismissive o' the norwegian child killer. what has he done to deserve attention and consideration? is it his published works? does he have significant life experience that makes him noteworthy? the only reason you give a darn about this clown is 'cause you agree with his pov, and 'cause he killed enough children to gain infamy. do not misunderstand; is not breivik who we rails 'gainst in this thread... is you, and those like you. we didn't respond in this thread until you posted. you is giving breivik what he wants. you is legitimizing him. oh sure, you does the social acceptable thing by noting that breivik's actions is wrong, but you suggest that his words is worth consideration and that his existence is the result o' societal forces...

"Berivik (if that's the way his name is spelled) is the result of multiculturalist dogma that doesn't allow an inch for the expression of other ideas and concerns and ignores the fact that there are many people who do not agree with it."

you defend the guy's intelligence and character in spite o' considerable evidence to the contrary. self-employed and educated? HA!

breivik is nobody. one guy. one loser. he is an aberration. after all, how frequent does we see such behavior? not even one-in-a-million. heck, limit yourself to all the jackboot wearing racists you can find and you still not gonna get one-in-million to go on a ridiculously misguided killing spree. nope. breivik needs no response... but folks like you is common. 78 people died in a plane crash in morocco yesterday. 32 people died in a land slide in south korea this morning. am wondering how many people died in seemingly unnecessary fighting in sub-saharan africa on the same day as the events in norway. nevertheless, breivik has captured your attention and you actual sympathize with his pov. tragic.

btw, if stuff like columbine were actual representative of societal ills, you would see'em more frequent, no?

perhaps you thinks multiculturalism in europe is bad. we disagree. perhaps you thinks that govt. censorship o' unpopular points of view is bad. we agree. nevertheless, to point to breivik as anything other than a pathetic and cowardly killer o' children is a mistake. his only accomplishment is mayhem, but you wanna make'em a poster child for the disenfranchised preppy wannabee element... or some-such.

HA! Good Fun!

ps comparison to columbine is probable more appropriate than you suspect. do a search... were not a man doing the shooting.

Edited by Gromnir

*groan*

clear missing the point. Gromnir is dismissive o' the norwegian child killer. what has he done to deserve attention and consideration? is it his published works? does he have significant life experience that makes him noteworthy? the only reason you give a darn about this clown is 'cause you agree with his pov, and 'cause he killed enough children to gain infamy. do not misunderstand; is not breivik who we rails 'gainst in this thread... is you, and those like you. we didn't respond in this thread until you posted. you is giving breivik what he wants. you is legitimizing him. oh sure, you does the social acceptable thing by noting that breivik's actions is wrong, but you suggest that his words is worth consideration and that his existence is the result o' societal forces...

"Berivik (if that's the way his name is spelled) is the result of multiculturalist dogma that doesn't allow an inch for the expression of other ideas and concerns and ignores the fact that there are many people who do not agree with it."

you defend the guy's intelligence and character in spite o' considerable evidence to the contrary. self-employed and educated? HA!

breivik is nobody. one guy. one loser. he is an aberration. after all, how frequent does we see such behavior? not even one-in-a-million. heck, limit yourself to all the jackboot wearing racists you can find and you still not gonna get one-in-million to go on a ridiculously misguided killing spree. nope. breivik needs no response... but folks like you is common. 78 people died in a plane crash in morocco yesterday. 32 people died in a land slide in south korea this morning. am wondering how many people died in seemingly unnecessary fighting in sub-saharan africa on the same day as the events in norway. nevertheless, breivik has captured your attention and you actual sympathize with his pov. tragic.

HA! Good Fun!

4563712576_1a2e4d5de6.jpg

Like I said, on the whole I'm not interested in him on even in this one particular event.

He could be everything you say he is, he could be a real hardcore revolutionary, he could be both. Or neither. Hell, maybe the whole manifesto is a ploy of some sort.

I'm interested in political side of it all and the implications of one such "well ordered democracy" giving rise to people who spend 9 years systematically planning to negate it. You can blame it all on the individual but the system has a part in it, if for no reason other than that he was formed and grew up in it.

People with Autism sometimes dedicate their lives, not just 9 years, to memorize license plates. Doesn't make them victims of society, only of their own disorders.

The "price" if you want, of a free and open society is unfortunately also being vulnerable to those who wants to vandalize it.

I don't see a lot of Norwegians lining up in queues, wanting to be saved by him, which really just reinforces the point that he is not a product of society as much as a product of his own shortcomings. He's a 30+ insecure teenager desperately looking for reasons for why his life turned out the way it did. Want to place bets that it has more to do with family history than society and politics?

snip

clearly you is looking to get our attention, but until you offer up something o' substance, you is gonna get very little consideration. we s'pose that some people is just slow learners.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

snip

clearly you is looking to get our attention, but until you offer up something o' substance, you is gonna get very little consideration. we s'pose that some people is just slow learners.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Viscosity.

*groan*

btw, if stuff like columbine were actual representative of societal ills, you would see'em more frequent, no?

perhaps you thinks multiculturalism in europe is bad. we disagree. perhaps you thinks that govt. censorship o' unpopular points of view is bad. we agree. nevertheless, to point to breivik as anything other than a pathetic and cowardly killer o' children is a mistake. his only accomplishment is mayhem, but you wanna make'em a poster child for the disenfranchised preppy wannabee element... or some-such.

HA! Good Fun!

ps comparison to columbine is probable more appropriate than you suspect. do a search... were not a man doing the shooting.

Legitimizing Breivik? Hardly. Considering what he did he could never be a "hero" to anyone. Any cause would hardly want a child killer on their side. You must think me royally stupid to endorse such a notion.

Is he an abberation - sure. Why do these "abberations" tend to happen more often in the west than anywhere else, is the question you ignore.

I dismiss these news as a rule, like you'd dismiss any statistically present crime - what piqued my interest was his pov.

Only the future will show if there's absolutely nothing behind it and if its all just "right wing fantasy".

My pov: As for multuculturalism - its an ideology foreign to me. I belive in the nation state for everyone with a respectable claim to it, in non interference in other nations internal issues and in a christian foundation of society with a traditional family as its building block. The overall political system is irrelevant as long as it is capable of protecting these core values. A strong policy of identity and national pride go hand in hand with this. Forced "tolerance" and compromise over core values are unacceptable: "tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions". Minorities should expect their human rights to be protected as much as any citizen, but special "minority" rights are unacceptable - we're either equal in the eyes or the law or not. The currently widespread "anything goes" philosophy should be discouraged in favor of a more traditional world view.

What is exactly wrong with that?

I have been watching self-professed multi-culturalists and mass media tear what little traditional stability the society I live in has left over the past ten years and turning it into a cess pool of mediocrity and stupidity with zero self respect and integrity.

Anyone of note, who holds any sort of conservative view can't get a second of media time, is ridiculed and mocked. Ascribing to family values and patriotism leads to instant backlash from various "liberal" nobodies that seem to have an exclusive license to all positions in government and media.

The complete lack of political or cultural beacons lends itself to a complete decay of established systems: education, government, common culture. Each of those systems is now a McDonaldised joke.

People are unhappy but feel powerless to do anything about it.

And on top of it you aren't even allowed to say you don't like it, god forbid attempting to change something.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Besides, it's better to be a troll than a fascist.

Or a fascist troll ;)

Edited by Nightshape

For some reason Boo makes me think of the Emperor ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra