What are you playing now?

Has anyone played the new Total War Shogun?

I'd like to know what the battle AI is like this time around. The last game I played in the series Medieval II had totally retarded battle AI.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Drakensang 2.

Pretty much the first, but with a new story. Not that that's really a bad thing.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'd like to know what the battle AI is like this time around. The last game I played in the series Medieval II had totally retarded battle AI.

The AI is still a little retarded but it's much better than the previous game (especially in the campaign). I played a about 50 hours after release and then I haven't really touched it since. It has the charm of the old game, but it's a little too short (200ish turns) and there aren't really any good mods yet - which is what keeps me playing.

Fortune favors the bald.

Drakensang 2.

Pretty much the first, but with a new story. Not that that's really a bad thing.

They're very different. I tried replaying the first game a while back but it's very hard to get back into it, River of Time is so much better in every way.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The AI is still a little retarded but it's much better than the previous game (especially in the campaign). I played a about 50 hours after release and then I haven't really touched it since. It has the charm of the old game, but it's a little too short (200ish turns) and there aren't really any good mods yet - which is what keeps me playing.

Have you tried the mulitplayer and whats it like?

Is it just unit selection and battle or can you play a campaign game as well?

They're very different. I tried replaying the first game a while back but it's very hard to get back into it, River of Time is so much better in every way.

Still in the first "town" so it's just an impression so far... it might change.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Multiplayer is divided into co-op, which is fun (you play the campaign together or against each other), then normal battles (unit selection and fighting) and then clan warfare, where you have to conquer a Japan in a risk like game and the battles are then resolved by the clans fighting them.

Fortune favors the bald.

Multiplayer is divided into co-op, which is fun (you play the campaign together or against each other), then normal battles (unit selection and fighting) and then clan warfare, where you have to conquer a Japan in a risk like game and the battles are then resolved by the clans fighting them.

Sweet. Pity I can't run it.

Anyone checked out Eye: Divine Cybermancy yet? I've been looking at it for a few days now and it's looking pretty good from what I hear. It's been reviewed decently so far and appears to need a couple patches still, but positive fan reaction but I wanted to check with you guys here.

Anyone checked out Eye: Divine Cybermancy yet? I've been looking at it for a few days now and it's looking pretty good from what I hear. It's been reviewed decently so far and appears to need a couple patches still, but positive fan reaction but I wanted to check with you guys here.

Stealth is broken in the game, and that's a big letdown for me. I'm only about the second mission so far and they encourage you to play it stealthily, but enemies spot you from across the map, so I'm not sure the point of it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

From what I've heard, buying it would be a sad exchange of money for goods.

Sorry, it's a disease

Just finished a playthrough of PS:T I started ages ago. Got the 'optimal' ending this time; see why people prefer it.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I'm going to download Old World Blues soon-ish and start a new play through with all the current DLC for New Vegas. I'm it'll be a while before I can play it if I'm starting from scratch. I doubt I should jump straight into it with a level 1 character.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

After abandoning the stealth approach in Eye : DC, it's a pretty fun game to play. It seems there are different endings depending on the side you choose at some point in the game, but I'm still in the begining/middle of the game (fourth mission).

I got two paychecks yesterday, so I celebrated by buying HoM&M 5.

For some stupid reason, buying the Heroes pack (Heroes 5, 2 expansions, Dark Messiah) is cheaper than buying the Heroes of Might & Magic 5 pack (Heroes 5, 2 expansions). Steam is normally good about that for the US.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Had a great game of Age of Empires II with my neighbor. We agreed to fully build up our armies before fighting. It was on a Black Forest map, which connects the players through a narrow strip of open space in between huge impassable forests.

I was playing Byzantines, he was playing the Teutons.

I scouted him out so I knew he was going for mass Paladins and Teutonic Knights, so I built Onagers, Cataphracts and Heavy Camels.

When he attacked I retreated the camels and his Paladins ran smack into mass Onager fire. 30-40 of them melted in under ten seconds.

Camels and Cataphracts accounted for the rest. 212 Units killed. Lost 33.

It was glorious.

So you are saying that your neighbor hates you now.

He's still suffering from PTSD and in no shape to hate anyone.

Guest Slinky

Started Alpha Protocol finally. Never was that interested in it, but it feels surprisingly good. Though I already hate hacking with a passion even though I have just only finished the tutorial..

I don't like hacking in New Vegas, I actually modded it practically out of the game, but this one.. infuriating would be the right word :lol:

Buy lots of EMPs and disable whatever you have to. Of course you'll miss out on a lot of stuff, but oh well. The mini-games are the worst part of Alpha Protocol, you have to try to enjoy the game in spite of them.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Started Alpha Protocol finally. Never was that interested in it, but it feels surprisingly good. Though I already hate hacking with a passion even though I have just only finished the tutorial..

I don't like hacking in New Vegas, I actually modded it practically out of the game, but this one.. infuriating would be the right word :lol:

That's the only thing I hated about Alpha Protocol. Hacking was so annoyingly bad. I maxed my hacking skill to make bearable.

I never thought it like that.

Of course finding them damn easy (barring the impossible ones that can appear on Hard during higher levels) might have helped :D.

^

Finally finished Planescape Torment today. I think I got the "best" ending but I'm not sure.

Dunno how to do spoiler tags so could someone who does tell me what is generally seen as the best ending for Torment so I know if I did it?

Anyways, onto Max Payne 2- so many games in my backlog to finish.

Finally finished Planescape Torment today. I think I got the "best" ending but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure if PS:T really requires spoiler tags anymore...

[spoiler]Best ending: You go to hell[/spoiler]

:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein