The funny things thread part 3

Tale

That might work, if the pizza base was thin enough. Maybe a thin layer of meringue, and plenty of sharp fruit and thick cream or mascarpone.

EDIT: oh! Break up the meringue into chunks and cook it over on the pizza. Use very thin strands of mozzarella to hold it in place, then douse in double cream. Be like an Eton mess pizza.

It's this sort thing that makes me wary of any cooking by an anglophone.

Have you ever TRIED eton mess?

Simple dishes, cooked with the highest quality ingredients. It's what you cook when your economy works. Hence our national dish now being curry. :)

I cooked a curry the other night. It was so hot that when I was washing up the next day, my hands started to throb.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have never tried Eton Mess. However, meringue, double cream, fruit, mozzarella and chocolate over a very thin pizza base sounds like something a four year old would do if you gave him run of the kitchen. Mixing that much fat and sugar strikes me as nauseating.

I've never tried anything like that for the same reason I would never eat chocolate mixed with peanut butter, hamburger and marsipan, despite these all being things that I enjoy eating.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You've never had a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! My god man...

Yeah...you have to try one of those at least once in your life. I have to stay away from those just because I'd eat too many... :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dammit, now I want Reeses...

We used to take a massive jar of peanut butter and huge slabs of chocolate on camping trips. Energy breaks from God.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Love this story:

Excerpt...

A court has rejected a 60-year-old man's attempt to invoke the ancient right to trial by combat, rather than pay a ?25 fine for a minor motoring offence...

Magistrates sitting at Bury St Edmunds on Friday had disagreed and instead of accepting his offer to take on a clerk from Swansea with "samurai swords, Ghurka knives or heavy hammers", fined him ?200 with ?100 costs.

-Elwood Blues

happened a couple years ago. as something o' an authority on first amendment issues, Gromnir were invited by a local kkk chapter to witness a cross burning (is a surprising number o' kkk members in CA.) our initial reaction were knee-jerk refusal and furious indignation. nevertheless, we ended up attending; curiosity got the better o' us. sure, we had seen cross burnings in film and on tv, but we were genuine curious how we would comport self when confronted by the act, live and in person. you don't see too many catholic, indians at cross burnings, eh? would we be able to watch dispassionately? would we be enraged or maybe even a little frightened? were a fascinating, if obscene, exercise. simultaneous repulsed and intrigued we were.

were all pretty boring at start... looked not much different than a kiwanis picnic. slightly fat 40-something white guys in khakis and golf shirts shaking hands and telling bad jokes. then there were some forgettable rhetoric that nearly put us to sleep. etc. fast forward. the guy who lit the cross ablaze somehow managed to set himself on fire. apparently his robe were not flame retardant, and am guessing he happened to get some sorta accelerant on his garb 'cause it were kinda shocking how fast his garment burned. the guy screamed piteously, and flailed 'bout before dropping to the ground and rolling 'bout ineffectually. so much for **** van dyke's advice, eh? a fellow clansman had the presence o' mind to use a precautionary fire extinguisher to abate the flames. the whole fiasco probable lasted less than a minute, and the "event" were quickly cancelled.

we found out later that the crispy klaner were not hurt too bad: mostly second degree burns.

on the negative side, we found out that Gromnir can takes pleasure in the suffering o' others. watching that kkk member burn were possibly the funniest thing we had ever witnessed... and we had a tape o' the event too. on the positive side, we gots finally gots a fond klan memory. the reason why we bring up now is 'cause we looked for our favorite crossburner-burning tape last night. is missing. *sigh* even so, as sick as it sounds, seeing the kkk member accidental set himself on fire at a cross burning were a kinda surreal poetic justice... and it were funny.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Luke-Company.jpg Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

because if he evolved to deal with that particular issue then his superhero name would be Crackerwhacker.

-Elwood Blues

I too think Arnold should make a come back to the moooooveees!

Like, a really cool Ahh-ction Western or something.

04_90.jpg

WTF is up with the dog?

-Elwood Blues

Apparently, one of the Nigerian gangs involved in violence calls itself the KKK.

That is some ****ed up ****.

-Elwood Blues