Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

Well, I am very certain we can find things to hate about DX3. Like, I dunno, Adams beard or such.

There's also his voice.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, I am very certain we can find things to hate about DX3. Like, I dunno, Adams beard or such.

There's also his voice.

Or the piss yellow color scheme.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

For the quirky interest, a small bit about how the box art was developed...

DE - The Story Behind the Box

Really ? Sure are scraping the barrel for media items here :ermm:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There's also his voice.

Or the piss yellow color scheme.

It's gold!

Actually scratch what they said on the panel, the original design decision behind the color scheme was because on their way to emulate a neo-renaissance they ended up with a baroque.(Note the clothing texture designs with the intricate, organic, curvilinear, decorations) For the scheme they went with a tenebrism's style (Caravaggio) with a high contrast of dark and light.

All this from the art director's mouth, IIRC.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Really ? Sure are scraping the barrel for media items here :ermm:

Sometimes folks get interested in the strangest things...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Really ? Sure are scraping the barrel for media items here :p

Sometimes folks get interested in the strangest things...

I thought was pretty cool! :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I thought was pretty cool! :)

I'm not sure I'd have said cool.. but it was a little interesting to see how the process went and how the art got developed..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I just realized, that DX3 release is next week on friday. If I'll get my copy until then, that means I can have the whole weekend some fun, fun, fun with it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I preordered it over the weekend.

If it makes me nauseous.....I'll shake my fist at the sky.

The colour scheme ? Or just some FPS induced nausea ?

The latter. The older I get it seems the more susceptible I am to it. Top down is fine (WoW, DS3) and FO:NV was thiiiis close to being ok (if only you could zoom out like 5 more feet) but first person only (Borderlands, TF2) and about an hour in Ill have a pounding headache and a queasy feeling in my stomach.

Maybe play stealthy, less movement hiding behind coveniently placed boxes and machinery, that might help, well if you're going to be playing a while. If it was the colour scheme - well, could always watch a LP and gauge that.

Would be a good way to start a rage post though - "This game made me physically ill!!....."

Happens to me as well, although it's very rare. It seems to be related to the speed with which the screen is panning and how much of the POW is panning at the same time. Quick is fine, sluggish, and if the whole POW is doing it at the same time. That's like hitting the brown note.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Why would you get FPS nausea?

I recall that playing the Alien in AvP could induce motion sickness in some people but really was a specific thing, with all the perspective shifts that the alien was susceptible to.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Do either of you suffer from motion sickness, in general? Just wondering if there's a connection.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The latter. The older I get it seems the more susceptible I am to it. Top down is fine (WoW, DS3) and FO:NV was thiiiis close to being ok (if only you could zoom out like 5 more feet) but first person only (Borderlands, TF2) and about an hour in Ill have a pounding headache and a queasy feeling in my stomach.

The last time I was playing an FPS on a computer screen (as opposed to a TV screen at a 10' distance), I remember getting some motion sickness too. Suspect Gorgon is on the money, cept that the POV is related to your, the gamer's FOV and not so much what goes on in the game... :/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif